Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Eugene Porath Area?

new on here. really needed somewhere to talk about this.

i used to live in the eugene porath area off of michigan ave and wyoming in east dearborn. and if you live in the metro detroit area i’m pretty sure you’ve seen this area or drove by it.

now it is just a couple houses left. i grew up here when i was really young and we just moved. dearborn pretty much ran this side of the city out.

it used to be be really nice over here. we had porath park right behind us. but the city took that out when i was young. they said it was “contaminated with lead” and that was a lie. they got a $50,000 grant to clean it up and add new play scapes and park equipment. but that never happened and it’s not just an over grown jungle. they also used to come around and give people violations in the neighborhood and destroy shit in our area.

dearborn says that they bought the houses for “logistics”. but from my understanding eugene porath was known for having a lot of trouble. just stupid shit like people fighting and selling drugs and stuff like that. it is a block a way from southwest detroit. i feel like they ran the neighborhood because of the trouble over here.

kind of disappointing they did this. pretty shady if you add everything up that i’ve managed to find out about over here. this area also used to be a brick yard at some point. and these houses were built for workers at the ford rouge wyoming plant. really historical stuff.

if anyone has any information about this neighborhood or pictures let me know. i would really like to find out some more information about where i grew up at.
    Last edited by jayy223; September-14-19 at 06:15 PM.