Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Metropolitan building

I found these photos on an old camera, taken May 2013... Big difference in 6 years!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kklemmer; September-10-19 at 09:21 AM.

I could have been [[stupidly) convinced that tearing down the Wurlitzer was a good idea back then. To see this entire area restored and transformed into a vibrant section of downtown has been incredible.

Here is a shot from 2004:

Name:  2004-12-11 [[68).JPG
Views: 810
Size:  134.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I could have been [[stupidly) convinced that tearing down the Wurlitzer was a good idea back then. To see this entire area restored and transformed into a vibrant section of downtown has been incredible.
    I still lament the loss of the Lafayette Building. Just because it was just too near the restored Book Cadillac, and was still abandoned. It came down because it didn't look good next to the Book Cadillac... and yet the DEGC tried to convince us that it wasn't restorable... dumb dumb dumb.....

A sad loss, as was the Statler.

With the old cobrahead streetlights still in. We hadn't made it that far with our PLC reproductions [[I led the design on this) throughout downtown.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Here is a shot from 2004:

Name:  2004-12-11 [[68).JPG
Views: 810
Size:  134.0 KB

"Cobrahead" streetlights lol

This building as well as the Wurlitzer could had been renovated 10 years ago had the right people purchased Eddie the building then and not sat on them as did the previous owners

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    This building as well as the Wurlitzer could had been renovated 10 years ago had the right people purchased Eddie the building then and not sat on them as did the previous owners
    Detroit 10 years ago could not have supported two boutique hotels with rooms over $200 a night