Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vaping Linked to deaths... Who'd have thought?

When I ended traditional tobacco and paper smoking [[cigarettes) I thought about vaping as a transition. Glad I did not bother.

Instead I quit cold turkey which was tough at points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    When I ended traditional tobacco and paper smoking [[cigarettes) I thought about vaping as a transition. Glad I did not bother.

I quit 22 yrs ago having tried patches, pills, etc and ending up having to go cold turkey for it to take also. Congrats on quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Two of the toughest things I've done is learn to ski and quit smoking cigarettes. I also had to quit drinking @ the time because most of my social life then was spent in bars, and the two went hand in hand. Never had the urge to try vaping. It seems like the addiction of choice for the younger crowd. Had a conversation with a young man yesterday who told me about the latest trend to remake and "supercharge" vape devices.

^^^ Yeah I was a low two ciggs a day smoker so rationalized it for a long time. Did not want anymore nicotine so patches were out and for sure vaping.

I would imagine if the vape device is not kept clean it can harbor germs that get into the lungs, in addition to the stuff vaped? Is that so?

Yes, and more doctors will ask you to quit if you are having an elective surgery. Especially ortho or complex surgeries where you're going to be under a long time. Nicotine slows healing overall.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I quit 22 yrs ago having tried patches, pills, etc and ending up having to go cold turkey for it to take also. Congrats on quitting.

Yeah the second link sites vape use to help quitting cigarettes. I tried a puff on one once! Did not like it at all, but did remark the great amount of smoke generated compared to cigs. I guess that's one of the draws of vaping - especially among younger users!

'Vape Tricks' [[disregard music). Looks like health is going up in smoke too!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

Between that and the exploding ones burning people,I think it is safer to just keep smoking,the life span of useing these so far seems to be pretty short term.

They do not really say if these people had existing or unknown prior health problems that were esaperated by the use.

Uh, oh! Trump wants to ban vaping. On your mark, get ready, about-face:

Vaping is NOW good 'cause dump-Trump says no!

Our governor says nix vaping too!

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...vored-vape-ban
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-13-19 at 05:09 AM.

Kaboom! I wonder if now different brands review lower in the face of all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Between that and the exploding ones burning people,I think it is safer to just keep smoking,the life span of useing these so far seems to be pretty short term.

They do not really say if these people had existing or unknown prior health problems that were esaperated by the use.

It is kinda weird how this whole thing is playing out,CDC says no definitive cause but everybody points to black market THC.

They just did a big bust of fake vape viles that were injected with THC.

Even weirder with 9 possible relatable deaths it is a crises,but when 15 teenagers died every day from distracted driving it was no big deal.

Quite a few died on vacation in the islands from blackmarket liquor,I wonder if the whole blackmarket THC direction is for a reason.

THC is THC it does not know if it is blackmarket or not.

It is kinda weird how this whole thing is playing out,CDC says no definitive cause but everybody points to black market THC.
    Well, this study points to black market THC.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1911614

THC is THC it does not know if it is blackmarket or not.
    The working theory is that it's a chemical [[a vitamin-E derivative) added to THC capsules that helps them maintain the correct viscosity, as apparently you can't just vape THC oil directly.

Quite honestly, anything you suck into your lungs is bad for them. That includes pot, tobacco, wheat dust, coal dust, etc etc, etc. Lungs are meant for air.

It should be noted that there are legitimate medical therapies that use vaporizing safely and effectively. One I have witnessed personally is for serious congestion and involves a mask that delivers a vaporized expectorant to the respiratory system. It works within a minute.

I should have added that there are asthma and bronchial treatments that are good and plain warm or cool water mist is good for breathing. Those things generally don't contain waxes, tars or sharp particles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It should be noted that there are legitimate medical therapies that use vaporizing safely and effectively. One I have witnessed personally is for serious congestion and involves a mask that delivers a vaporized expectorant to the respiratory system. It works within a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Well, this study points to black market THC.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1911614

The working theory is that it's a chemical [[a vitamin-E derivative) added to THC capsules that helps them maintain the correct viscosity, as apparently you can't just vape THC oil directly.
    being out of it for many years I kinda harken back to the hash oil days as a comparison,I think we found better and safer ways of vaporizing it then what seems to be the method of today.

Like DUH. I had to set that in my mind beyond rationalization to help me ditch cigarettes. It seems harmless one can argue as you're not struck dead in the activity of smoking but the cumulative damage to the lungs.

Horrid... and suffocating to death from end-stage lung disease is very tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Quite honestly, anything you suck into your lungs is bad for them. That includes pot, tobacco, wheat dust, coal dust, etc etc, etc. Lungs are meant for air.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-13-19 at 05:11 AM.

What is the recommended sterilization process for the pens? They seem like bacterial breeding grounds.

Lol you actually think somebody is going to follow that sterilization process?

The guys they busted had 30,000 refills ready for distribution,the whole set up reminds me of the gin in the bath tub days.

Single use cigarettes are more sanitary.

Lol you actually think somebody is going to follow that sterilization process?
    Only somebody who wants to live.

CPAP machines breed bacterial! So not unreasonable that those pens would be germy-groady after a point.

There's a new sterilization for the CPAP's where you can sanitize the mask and the tubing.

Maybe put the pens in there over-night!? Hah!

https://www.cpapdirect.com/cleaning/...iAAEgIwY_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    What is the recommended sterilization process for the pens? They seem like bacterial breeding grounds.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-13-19 at 05:12 AM.

I will have to check the sanitary condition of my cpap thingy,is that another vape thing?

^^^ A friend wears a CPAP and just normal use breeds a level of bacteria that can cause respiratory issues.

The new cleaner works better than soap and water per that link.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-13-19 at 05:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast