Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 84 of 84

Thread: H&M?

  1. #76

    Default

    I will go when the crowd dies down. Its anazing that the thought of opening an H&M probably originated from one of the bloggers on this site. Kerp the good ideas coming DYesers

  2. #77

    Default

    Really? Who was it?

  3. #78

    Default

    Lmao it definitely wasn't a forumer who "suggested" it. Businesses do years of studies before determining where to open a new store. Its likely that Gilbert reached out to several different stores years ago and began convincing them to rent his space and then they researched if they could make a profit at the location.

  4. #79

    Default

    By coincidence Nike, Under Armour, H&M, and stores for women were suggested in this site years ago. Maybe Gilbert or others are also viewing this site for ideas

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    By coincidence Nike, Under Armour, H&M, and stores for women were suggested in this site years ago. Maybe Gilbert or others are also viewing this site for ideas
    No, lmao. I sincerely doubt it. Businesses don't take chances based on random people's opinions online. DYes has been "very subtly" suggesting a Cheesecake Factory location somewhere in Detroit for something like a decade. If they ever decide to open a location in the city it'll be because it makes sense financially, not because its posted a few hundred times on DYes.

  6. #81

    Default

    I think Nike, H&M and Under Armour opening in Detroit have more to do with being internationally recognized brands, and not the result of a few posts on DetroitYes. We're still waiting for our Cheesecake Factory (the sign of a revitalized city), Apple store, Chipotle, Uniqlo, City Target and mini Best Buy!

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I think Nike, H&M and Under Armour opening in Detroit have more to do with being internationally recognized brands, and not the result of a few posts on DetroitYes. We're still waiting for our Cheesecake Factory (the sign of a revitalized city), Apple store, Chipotle, Uniqlo, City Target and mini Best Buy!
    I would pass on the Best Buy, they are essentially obsolete with being able to buying basic electronics online. Something like a microcenter would be better, where you can get more detailed computer hardware (Many things you can't find on Amazon), and still test out the basic stuff.

  8. #83

    Default

    I was just mentioning stores that people have asked for on this forum previously, but I'll add the illustrious Microcenter to the list of "ideas" we have given to developers.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I was just mentioning stores that people have asked for on this forum previously, but I'll add the illustrious Microcenter to the list of "ideas" we have given to developers.
    Haha sorry I wasn't trying to be negative. I guess I have seen so many posts of what would and wouldn't work downtown, I just decided to jump on the fact that Best Buy is not as popular as it once was. Who knows though, maybe it would thrive downtown, it was just my opinion!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.