Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: H&M?

Default H&M?

Does anyone have an update on the progress of H&M. They had been quiet since the announcement. The windows are covered but there's no activity over any continual build out going on

H&M will open somewhat in October.

Thanks Danny

There’s work going on behind the window coverings. They go in and out through the alley. From the beginning they announced a fall opening. Patience.

Until they open, you can visit the one at Macomb Mall...

Forgive this ex-Detroiter who gets back but once a year, at best. WTF is H&M????

clothing store

It's a clothing store. You might like the clothes there

What does it mean to "open somewhat?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Forgive this ex-Detroiter who gets back but once a year, at best. WTF is H&M????
    They have locations all over Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Trendy clothing for the younger set [[those in their 60's & 70's).

Don't hold your breath with the opening. Here in Chicago, they closed one of the downtown stores. The brand is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Don't hold your breath with the opening. Here in Chicago, they closed one of the downtown stores. The brand is in trouble.
    This article states they had a big inventory problem but are getting back on track, closing 160 stores this yr. but also opening 330:

https://www.styledemocracy.com/hm-closing-stores-2019/

I think the Detroit location will do very well, based on the success of the Nike sore [[which is more of an outlet). It's an easy store to wander into a leave with a few items under $50.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I think the Detroit location will do very well, based on the success of the Nike sore [[which is more of an outlet). It's an easy store to wander into a leave with a few items under $50.
    Last pair of Nikes I had gave me giant sores on my heels and toes.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Last pair of Nikes I had gave me giant sores on my heels and toes.
    Take them back? Not sure what to tell you haha

H&M has put up their signage ! It's pretty cool seeing another national retailers sign up in downtown Detroit.
    I would dare to say ,downtown Detroit is poised to be better than it was back in it's prime?
    In my opinion downtown Detroit is as beautiful as any downtown that I've seen. I've travel a lot and internationally.
    If things continue at this pace and when the new construction is done downtown Detroit will be just as nice or nicer any other city in the country.
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-06-19 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    H&M has put up their signage ! It's pretty cool seeing another national retailers sign up in downtown Detroit.
    I would dare to say downtown Detroit is poised to be better than it was back in it's prime?
    If things continue at this pace and when the new construction is done downtown Detroit will be as nice as any other city in the country.
    I love your optimism, but Detroit had nearly 2 million people at one point. We're hopefully going to see a population gain for the first time in decades during the next census, but there's a looooong way to go before getting back to the prime. One H&M at a time!

I would dare to say ,downtown Detroit is poised to be better than it was back in it's prime?
    In my opinion downtown Detroit is as beautiful as any downtown that I've seen. I've travel a lot and internationally.
    If things continue at this pace and when the new construction is done downtown Detroit will be just as nice or nicer any other city in the country.
    You need to get out more. A lot more.

Saying that would be awfully naive of you.

Detroit already has an amazing downtown. I've been to other cities around comparing them and most of them are just nowhere near as beautiful, definitely one of the best in the country.

Oh it'll definitely be better but it's going to take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Detroit already has an amazing downtown. I've been to other cities around comparing them and most of them are just nowhere near as beautiful, definitely one of the best in the country.

Oh it'll definitely be better but it's going to take some time.
    Agree. I’ve also lived and traveled all over the world and have to say that Detroit has an amazing DT already and can only improve. Once the inner city patches start merging [[Brush Park, Midtown, Corktown etc) to create a solid ring around DT, it would help the expansion outwards and direct population inwards.

I know this won’t last but the current foot and vehicle traffic is just right for scootering/biking around town. Can’t do that so easily anywhere else.

H&M opening will be great for that section of Woodward. Takes up several buildings and will really draw the foot traffic up there.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You need to get out more. A lot more.
    That's cute lol, you'd be surprised how much I get out. lol
    Being ex military and being station overseas and though out the US I've been out a lot. I've also lived abroad several times, college, ect and I travel to somewhere in Europe once a year, outside of my travels somewhere in the US a couple times in the year. After living in California for 20 plus years, LA 15 of those years.
    Basically I'm a nomad lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast