Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Meanwhile 50 miles northeast of the D

I would not be surprised of this woman gets elected.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2094779001

MARYSVILLE, Mich. – A city council candidate in Marysville stunned an election forum Thursday night with racist comments that she later doubled down on when answering a question about diversity.

Much of the night focused on city development and park improvements, but that thread was momentarily marred with shock following a racist statement from political newcomer Jean Cramer.

“Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible,” said Cramer, one of five candidates vying for three open council seats in November.

"As long as, how can I put this? What Kathy Hayman doesn’t know is that her family is in the wrong,” she said. “[[A) husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids. That’s how it’s been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I’m not.”
    .....IQ, at most, around 50.

I am glad she said this. Now the people know very clearly who they should not vote for. I would rather this come out now than after someone is elected.

Must be kkklan country out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Why would you not be surprised? Marysville does have a wonderful waterfront park, but as far as I know they don't have a history of electing [[And re-electing) openly racist "clownsil" members like Detroit does.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/201...ve/2100028001/

That's right, bitch, double down. Ha

Not much of a "shock" to anyone who has ever spent some time in St. Clair or Sanilac Counties [[outside of 'certain parts' of Pt Huron), or the northern part of Macomb. She just said it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Not much of a "shock" to anyone who has ever spent some time in St. Clair or Sanilac Counties [[outside of 'certain parts' of Pt Huron), or the northern part of Macomb. She just said it out loud.
    Don’t forget Lapeer County in that mix

I heard an interview with her at her home after the meeting. She said in the bible it says there should not be marriage of different races.
    I know much about the bible but I am sure it does not say that.
    What a crack pot. Probably never set foot out of Marysville

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Indeed....

I’m not sure it’s forbidden by the Bible, but common sense should forbid that wig.

Crazy Jean just withdrew her bid for city council

A bigot in government.... who would of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2094779001
    MARYSVILLE, Mich. – A city council candidate in Marysville stunned an election forum Thursday night with racist comments that she later doubled down on when answering a question about diversity.

Much of the night focused on city development and park improvements, but that thread was momentarily marred with shock following a racist statement from political newcomer Jean Cramer.

“Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible,” said Cramer, one of five candidates vying for three open council seats in November.
    Heavy.com posted a link to a property tax record with what is presumably this woman's address. Karma much?

Perhaps she doesn't grasp how available so much of her personal information is a couple clicks away.
    Last edited by hybridy; August-26-19 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    From the article: "Marysville is on the border with Canada, about 50 miles northeast of Detroit." For those many geographically challenged Americans who would not know Detroit was near the Canadian border.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Crazy Jean just withdrew her bid for city council
    Getting ready for a GOP run for The Pres.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Getting ready for a GOP run for The Pres.
    Not ready for that yet. More like Macomb County clerk.... LOL. Baby steps
    Last edited by Maof; August-27-19 at 02:27 PM.

Do any of you commenting even know Marysville? Have any of you spent time there or is this more of our Detroit-centric we are cooler than anyone else attitude. I am so close I can literally piss off my roof on Detroit proper despite being inner suburban and lived there for many years. One of the absolute best places in Southeast Michigan is Marysville...and it has a complete Detroit connection going way back as a whistle stop. I find it so ironic that people just jump jump jump on certain bandwagons and miss it entirely to sound cool. Jesus Christ the same folks say the same stupid, condescending, misinformed and quasi-cool things about cities and counties they know nothing about.