Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My youngest sister was for part of her life a crack cocaine addict
    with most of the troubles that go along with that situation [[though
    some of the silver linings as well).

When she was very young, less than ten years old, she had an
    intense fear of a neighbors' dog. This particular dog was a beagle.
    She was elderly, arthritic, loved to meet and greet visitors, would
    love to rest her face in your hand, and lived fenced in their backyard.

I was a teenager and found this to be hilarious and shared the
    situation with anyone who cared to find out what I thought
    was so funny.

The grain of truth here is that all of us, though perhaps some
    more than others, are built from ancient genes that helped with
    our ancestors' survival. Those of us with addictions have ancient
    genes that helped tie us to the land. It could very well be that
    the genetic fear of dogs co-occurs with addiction genes. So it
    is probably practical, in those areas with a meaningful population
    of addicts, to have the scariest looking dog to deter petty theft
    and the like.

And another one...

Police: Woman, 41, was killed by 1 or more pet dogs

BAY CITY - Mid-Michigan police say a woman found dead inside a Bay City home had been killed by one or more pet dogs.

Officers from the Bay City Department of Public Safety were called to a mobile home park Friday and found 41-year-old Brandy Joy O'Dell dead inside a residence.

An autopsy performed by the Bay County Medical Examiner's Office determined that O'Dell had died “from several bites made by one or more dogs that were pets.”

Police say two “pit bull type dogs” were removed from the home and taken to animal control.

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com/?pub...a63bc0_13411a6

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    And another one...

BAY CITY - Mid-Michigan police say a woman found dead inside a Bay City home had been killed by one or more pet dogs.

Officers from the Bay City Department of Public Safety were called to a mobile home park Friday and found 41-year-old Brandy Joy O'Dell dead inside a residence.

An autopsy performed by the Bay County Medical Examiner's Office determined that O'Dell had died “from several bites made by one or more dogs that were pets.”

Police say two “pit bull type dogs” were removed from the home and taken to animal control.

Wow! Wonder why your own pet would attack/kill. I guess in this case, we'll never know.

In the midst of the justification [[my dog will not bite etc), I will continue to take caution around large and small dogs [[all breeds)!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-07-19 at 06:29 AM.

Back in my former life as a Sears delivery driver we would not, and did not have to, deliver unless people put up their dogs.

Customers would often say, "Oh my dog doesn't bite." My dry reply would always be, "Then how does he eat his food? Please put him up."

I was attacked on at least three occasions. One dog got enough of my thigh to leave it wet with his slobber before I shook him off. When he came back at me I landed a kick that sent him whimpering back to to his mistress.

You know what happened then, of course. She proceeded to scream at and chew ~me~ out. I turned and drove away, nothing delivered.

... I was attacked on at least three occasions. One dog got enough of my thigh to leave it wet with his slobber before I shook him off....
    On a paper route one dog drew blood. I called the cops to no avail.

I started carrying a thick leather glove even in summer. I'd jam it in his mouth and he'd get the satisfaction of biting me without causing actual harm. I'd ride my bike through his territory until he let go.

Back then I had never heard of pepper spray but that would have been interesting.

And another one...

I may sound like a broken record...... These POS animals need to be exterminated!
    Period , end of sentence.

Customers would often say, "Oh my dog doesn't bite."
    Minor comic interlude:

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
    Munich Hotel Clerk: No.
    [Clouseau bends down to pet the small dog; it immediately growls and bites him.]
    Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
    Munich Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.

I used to work for Consumers Power [[gas company). All the meter readers had a story about how they had been bitten by dogs that “don’t bite.”

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Minor comic interlude:

Inspector Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
    Munich Hotel Clerk: No.
    [Clouseau bends down to pet the small dog; it immediately growls and bites him.]
    Inspector Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
    Munich Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.
    Ah yes, remember it well. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    I used to work for Consumers Power [[gas company). All the meter readers had a story about how they had been bitten by dogs that “don’t bite.”
    That stands to reason though,exposure increases the odds.

According to a study from the Center For Disease Control [[CDC)1, approximately 4.7 million dog bites occur in the United States each year, and 800,000 of those bites result in medical care. The U.S. population is approximately 325.7 million people as of 2017. That means a dog bites 1 out of every 69 people.

https://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/

Quote Originally Posted by Uncledave54 View Post
    I may sound like a broken record...... These POS animals need to be exterminated!
    Period , end of sentence.
    You really cannot,some states do have the death penalty but others just jail for many years.

O wait,were you referring to the 2 legged animals that create the need for the 4 legged animals,or just the 4 legged ones?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ck/5902602002/

Another sad incident reported today. Most of the dogs up for adoption at the shelters are pit bulls. You'd have to be nuts to own one. I favor exterminating the breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ck/5902602002/

Another sad incident reported today. Most of the dogs up for adoption at the shelters are pit bulls. You'd have to be nuts to own one. I favor exterminating the breed.
    Blame the mindless animal not the human who made him? Fuck that throw the pieces of shit who abused the dog to be the way that they are. Fucking people make me sick and if you really threw the book at a few people would think twice how they treated animals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4