Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Honky Tonk: Rep. Tlaib got endorsed by some nationwide progressive groups. That's where the "outside donations" came from. These are groups started after 2016 by Sanders supporters.

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/rashida-tlaib/

https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I don't see your analogy. Gideon Levy writes opinion pieces for the paper. [[right in his bio) so, that's his opinion. He's obviously found a niche market where he can get clicks and make money. Omar needs to dry her hair before going on camera.
    Is that all you can come up with; that Levy is clickbaiting? If you find money is a dirty word, you must think your Chump pretty filthy. If you think Jews around the world are unanimously pro-Israel, you are seriously deluded, but then...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Is that all you can come up with; that Levy is clickbaiting? If you find money is a dirty word, you must think your Chump pretty filthy. If you think Jews around the world are unanimously pro-Israel, you are seriously deluded, but then...
    Another true-d'oh! post. Your prime menstruator must have interviewed everyone in Israel personally, then reported back, eh? Thanx for insight on what makes the world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Honky Tonk: Rep. Tlaib got endorsed by some nationwide progressive groups. That's where the "outside donations" came from. These are groups started after 2016 by Sanders supporters.

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/rashida-tlaib/

https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates

When I click on the first link, it immediately asks me for a donation for "Medicare For All". No information on how the group plans to achieve that or who the people behind this group are. Or, if the money is going where they say it is. Tlaib doesn't seem to be working anywhere near as hard for Medicare for All as she is for a Palestinian state. The second link shows me candidates, that if I donate to and vote for, will buck the system currently in place, and change the planet for the better. I'm already supporting Tlaib, the COD, and many others by my non-tax deductible tax contributions, and I am not getting a lot of campaign promises fulfilled. Basically, because the problem seems to be those elected need even more money to do that. I think I'm starting to see a pattern develop. If I were still 22 and idealistic, I would probably be more susceptible to "the cause". But old age has a way of grounding one in reality, and making one more cynical. That's why ads are aimed @ the young and naive.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-20-19 at 07:51 AM.

Another true-d'oh! post. Your prime menstruator must have interviewed everyone in Israel personally, then reported back, eh? Thanx for insight on what makes the world go round.
    There was nothing in his post in reference to Canadian politics nor our PM.

Why does your response include such a reference other than deflection?

Kindly answer his charge that you are deluded, by providing evidence in support of your position, or retract it, and apologize to the forum for once again posting misleading untruths.

When I click on the first link, it immediately asks me for a donation for "Medicare For All". No information on how the group plans to achieve that or who the people behind this group are. Or, if the money is going where they say it is. Tlaib doesn't seem to be working anywhere near as hard for Medicare for All as she is for a Palestinian state. The second link shows me candidates, that if I donate to and vote for, will buck the system currently in place, and change the planet for the better. I'm already supporting Tlaib, the COD, and many others by my non-tax deductible tax contributions, and I am not getting a lot of campaign promises fulfilled. Basically, because the problem seems to be those elected need even more money to do that. I think I'm starting to see a pattern develop. If I were still 22 and idealistic, I would probably be more susceptible to "the cause". But old age has a way of grounding one in reality, and making one more cynical. That's why ads are aimed @ the young and naive.
    When I click them it goes to profiles of the candidates.

I was trying to edit my above post and it won't let me. I wanted to add.

I don't know why it didn't for you. It's unfortunate that campaigns cost money. I appreciate candidates taking donations from citizens instead of Goldman Sachs etc. I think that shows they want to work for the people. But I guess I'm just middle aged and naïve.

If every politician running for office that claimed to be there for the people actually did what they said in the last 50 years,we would not have the inner cities that we do.

In the case of Talib,$140,000 private donations verses $480,000 in corporation donations.

Which is the exact opposite of what it reads in her profile in the justicedemocrates link.

Insurance and medical companies are the largest donors.

Granted her platform is making corporations pay the way but how is it one uses that stance of working for the people against the injustices of the evil corporations while useing them to fund your platform?

She would not have been able to run a campaign without the corporation sponsor's and the corporations would not have handed her the knife to cut thier legs off if they believed that it was truly her intent to do so.

So believing true intent of a candidate comes into question.

They are just like everybody else with career goals,some will do and say anything including stepping on others in order to achieve that goal.

Tell me what you want to hear so I can capitalize on it and look like I am serving in your best interests.

The current president was not funded by a majority of corporations but yet seems to have little love on that aspect,so the concept of evil corporation funding is a no no seems to have little relevance.

A 2010 securities and exchange ruling bars financial institution executives from donating to presidential campaigns,Goldman Sachs actually sent an email to its employees telling them not to donate to the Trump/Pence campaign,but the employees still donated $3500.

What they did do for Hillary was pay her $280,000 for a speaking engagement.
    Last edited by Richard; August-20-19 at 10:12 AM.

Sometimes you have to hit the refresh button, and the captcha thing to make an edit. Not as much lately though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I was trying to edit my above post and it won't let me. I wanted to add...

Right! It goes back wayyyyy far. The easy read garners the easy solution to a exceedingly difficult problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    The sons of Abraham and their mothers can't get along.
    Sort of like the sons of Adam. Cain slew Abel and Seth knew not why...

Until the tables turn and they do according to need and agenda.

Thus, the division between women now in so vast in many areas. Made all the more ironic considering the quest that we all unite politically. Ain't gonna happen as all women don't think the same.

Who-da thought right??

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...She is not acting very lady like so she cannot really expect to be treated as such, besides these days it does not matter if she is a woman or not and should have no bearing on anything.

All things being equal right?

Hah! Jimmy Carter would be considered far-right just about now. Considering that even the centrist option is deemed extreme!

Same for the repubs, who think everyone liberal is completely off-kilter. Heck, traditional liberalism at least challenged non-sense freely allowed by the far left presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ...Jimmy Carter's book Peace, Not Apartheid gives a very nuanced view of the conflict, but this book is scarcely known stateside, and the right-wing culture relentlessly mocks Carter as the super-liberal [[he was rather centrist) who lost to Reagan.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-19 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Until the tables turn and they do according to need and agenda.

Thus, the division between women now in so vast in many areas. Made all the more ironic considering the quest that we all unite politically. Ain't gonna happen as all women don't think the same.

Who-da thought right??
    That whole tear dropping aspect ranks right up there with children drinking out of toilets and sleeping in thier own feces at the border with emoticon driven politics.

Some may view it as a sign of weakness if you cannot separate politics with personal emotions.

The whole war on drugs was based on emotionalism verses common sense,how many years later and it still creates havoc?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...The whole war on drugs was based on emotionalism verses common sense,how many years later and it still creates havoc?
    The war on drugs was started as a subterfuge to justify attacking Nixon's political enemies. John Ehrlichman admitted as much in Legalize It All:

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-20-19 at 05:52 PM.

Where does Tlaib have residence in order to represent the Michigan US House 13th district? Not asking about her address, just the neighborhood she claims as her residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Where does Tlaib have residence in order to represent the Michigan US House 13th district? Not asking about her address, just the neighborhood she claims as her residence.
    Southwest Detroit
    Last edited by Uncledave54; August-21-19 at 03:17 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4