Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rep. Tlaib has sponsored 7 bills, and one amendment since January. She has cosponsored 271 bills.

For comparison, here are numbers for some other freshmen in the 116th Congress:

- Michael Walz [[R-Florida) sponsored 3 and cosponsored 106
    - Greg Pence [[R-Indiana) sponsored 5, cosponsored 52
    - Cynthia Axne [[D-Iowa) sponsored 9, cosponsored 201

Based on this small sample, it seems like Rep. Tlaib has generated a typical amount of legislation for a freshman representative in the current Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Great to see Detroit in the news with Tlaib's support of anti-semitic policies. But no need for culture war here. Wondering how her constituents feel about her 'local actions'. How's she doing supporting Detroit and her gerrymandered district. [[Its a great shape, no?)
    Are you defining 'anti-semitic' as 'opposing policies for the state of Israel"? That isn't the typical definition, so clearing that up would help us understand what you mean.

Did you know that Tlaib is violating two state laws by pushing her agenda of BDS against Israel? Public Acts 526 and 527 of 2016,

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    As for her district, she has been fighting several hard uphill battles for our city, against a senate and an administration that opposes everything about us,

For instance?

She's trying to have a state building altered in Michigan?
    Beginning October 1, 2017, the department or a state agency may not enter into a contract with a person for the construction, alteration, or repair of a state building or other state property unless the contract includes a representation that the person is not currently engaged in, and an agreement that the person will not engage in, the boycott of a person based in or doing business with a strategic partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Did you know that Tlaib is violating two state laws by pushing her agenda of BDS against Israel? Public Acts 526 and 527 of 2016,

I found an article discussing her time in office etc.:

Rep. Rashida Tlaib, Israel, and what her district wants

From Article:

Many constituents are proud of the work she is doing in Washington. Others don’t know who Ms. Tlaib is. Some, including diners at J’s Cafe, think her priorities are off. They say Rep. Rashida Tlaib is trying to expand the menu without mastering the basics. She’s trying to cook kung pao chicken, say the men at J’s, but she doesn’t know how to cook grits.

“I wish she was talking about the district she was elected to represent,” says Booker Fullilove, a retired police officer who comes to J’s every morning for an ice tea. “Poverty, crime, bringing money to Detroit: If you represent the 13th district, that’s what you should be thinking about.”

Sorry it was not allowing the edit function.

So basically what she is pushing for is a basic minimum monthly wage paid for by corporations,weather you work or not.

Two of her sponsored bills are impeach Trump and a tax levied on financial institutions in order to provide a $3000 tax credit that would be advailable on a monthly draw bases,weather you work or not,

No support when it comes to infrastructure or skills trading programs,mostly because if you are pushing to impeach the very person implementing them it does not make sense to support any thing that would actually have a direct impact.
    Last edited by Richard; August-19-19 at 08:47 AM.

[[b) “Boycott” means refusal to have dealings with, divest from, or otherwise engage with a person. Boycott does not include 1 or more of the following:
    [[i) A decision based on bona fide business or economic reasons.
    [[ii) A boycott against a public entity of a foreign state when the boycott is applied in a nondiscriminatory manner.

Hah. Yeah I figured the impeachment bill fell in there someone per her comment to 'impeach the M***** F*****' quite early on!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...Two of her sponsored bills are impeach Trump and a tax levied on financial institutions in order to provide a $3000 tax credit that would be available on a monthly draw bases, weather you work or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    I can't agree with your logic.

Power in the House rests with the body, not the individual member. One crazy member of congress can do far less damage than an out of control pathological president.
    Not talking about what she actually does. I'm talking about how Trump can sway votes by painting the Democrats to be scary, left wing nut jobs like her.

^ if the shoe fits.

Trump really does not need to paint her in any picture,her actions speak for themself.

She calls her grandmother her second mother and owes her “success” to her,but has not visited her since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah. Yeah I figured the impeachment bill fell in there someone per her comment to 'impeach the M***** F*****' quite early on!!
    Then she is confused as to why she is receiving kickback.

So much for gaining a little respect on the new job while you are getting established.

It reminds me of new hires that in the first day of thier job they set about telling everybody else how it is going to be,sometimes making yourself the center of attention is not the best way to go about things.

“I wish she was talking about the district she was elected to represent,” says Booker Fullilove, a retired police officer who comes to J’s every morning for an ice tea. “Poverty, crime, bringing money to Detroit: If you represent the 13th district, that’s what you should be thinking about.”
    There's a fine line between 'bringing money and projects to your district' and what's more commonly labeled as Pork.

I think her agenda is bad for her district, but what does she have to do with finance?

Fortunately the right wing thought police didn’t make it illegal to advocate for boycotting the apartheid regime in South Africa as they have with the apartheid regime in Israel.

^^^ Everyone seems to pick their battles. Now it's her turn at bat. Got it.

In the meantime [[as I always say) how it is any of this advancing needs of Detroiter's? [[Priority wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I think her agenda is bad for her district, but what does she have to do with finance?
    She along with AOC are on the oversite committee,they can use that as a tool towards,if you do not bend to our requests we can always open an investigation on you,it may not go anywhere but maybe effective as a deterrent.

Per the thinking the odious presence of Trump justifies ALL [[response, action, speech, advocacy, etc), which is just as scary as he is, IMO.

Then she is confused as to why she is receiving kickback.

So much for gaining a little respect on the new job while you are getting established...

^^^ Everyone seems to pick their battles. Now it's her turn at bat. Got it.

In the meantime [[as I always say) how it is any of this advancing needs of Detroiter's? [[Priority wise).
    One just needs to look at how the majority dem inner cities are fairing with thier representatives that are looking out for thier interests.

You would think that considering the common problems effecting every city as a whole and the amount of representatives that represent them,as a whole they should be able to move mountains.

That seems just a tad fascists! Someone should let antifa know.........

She along with AOC are on the oversite committee, they can use that as a tool towards, if you do not bend to our requests we can always open an investigation on you, it may not go anywhere but maybe effective as a deterrent.

I found an article discussing her time in office etc.:

Rep. Rashida Tlaib, Israel, and what her district wants

From Article:

Many constituents are proud of the work she is doing in Washington. Others donÂ’t know who Ms. Tlaib is. Some, including diners at JÂ’s Cafe, think her priorities are off. They say Rep. Rashida Tlaib is trying to expand the menu without mastering the basics. SheÂ’s trying to cook kung pao chicken, say the men at JÂ’s, but she doesnÂ’t know how to cook grits.

I agree with Mr. Fullilove. I could care less about her global agenda and her efforts to impeach the current President. It also bothers me that most of her campaign money came from unknown, outside, sources, and a lot of it.

That seems just a tad fascists! Someone should let antifa know.........
    I view it as installing a bunch of Hoover clones in levels of government that can be dangerous when it comes to establishing policies based on personal objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I agree with Mr. Fullilove. I could care less about her global agenda and her efforts to impeach the current President. It also bothers me that most of her campaign money came from unknown, outside, sources, and a lot of it.
    She is pushing for campaign disclosure laws,but yet chooses to remain exempt.

Rashida Tlaib withdraws support from proposed bill to save the Earth after she learns that’s where Israel is.

Ain't DAT the way of it? Always dictating to others while exempting themselves?

She is pushing for campaign disclosure laws, but yet chooses to remain exempt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast