Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was fascinated by the Fabulous Ruins tours when I got my first home computer, and drifted in and out of the forums over the next decade or so. I have learned a ton about Detroit, and a lot about research from the folks who participate. Thank you, Lowell, for making all of that possible!

Although not as active as I could be or should be, you have done a great job over these many years. You’ve guided the site through various shifts in hot topics, enlightenment, history and geography lessons, and even a few disrupters. Thanks for your care and effort.

Thanks for this site. Especially during the KK years.

I remember taking that tour. Its crazy to think some of those buildings are gone and some are restored. Time flies. I still enjoy this sight and the information and opinions it provides. Thanks for all the work!

Happy 20 years. When this started Detroiters were worrying of Y2K. Archer was in office and the excitement about the Superbowl coming to Detroit in the next 7 years.

Congratulations Lowell! A true accomplishment.

I lurked for along time, but it was a story on WDET about the funeral of ItsJeff that compelled me to register.

I do recall not being able to figure out how to register for awhile. However, while glancing through a Connections thread BlkSoulX posted his email address. I emailed him and asked how to sign up, he walked me through the steps.

I came to have many great conversations with that guy, we fought horribly, but he helped me see things in new ways.

Man, I miss that guy. Him and a bunch more.

Without you, Lowell, my world would be much smaller. Thank you.

Thank you, Lowell Boileau and company, for furnishing a place for this long-time ex-pat, third-generation Detroiter to nourish her soul, warm her heart and learn about that place by the fast-moving river where her roots are deeply planted.

Thanks also, to all the contributors who have generously offered their insights, opinions, memories and recollections to weave this amazing cyber-fabric we have before us. This is one east side home girl who is deeply grateful. I learned more about the west side on this site than I ever did when I actually lived in town! LOL

DetroitYES is a treasure, a pleasure and a revelation. This is especially true regarding those precious archives that were created before the conversion. Future generations will never have to wonder what made us tick. The evidence is here. Long may you post!
    Last edited by kathy2trips; August-09-19 at 07:59 PM. Reason: omitted word(s)

Time flies!!

Great site.I struck gold when I found it.

So many of the wonderful things about Detroit can be found here in these forums. Thank you Lowell, for all your efforts to make it possible!

Ay yo...Happy Birthday!!

Stromberg2

Thanks, Lowell, it's been fun.

Thanks, its been a great ten yrs for me

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY DetroitYES!

You don't look a day over 15!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Stromberg2

Name:  Lowell and Robert at the Old Miami.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  86.1 KB

-- I've had trouble uploading this photo of myself [[right) and Lowell [[left) at the Old Miami in Midtown/Cass Corridor a few weeks ago...

PS. I'm now back in Australia [[arrived yesterday, via Hong Kong). See you in Detroit next summer.

I will put up a post on DetroitYes at some point in the next few weeks about the Django interviews I filmed in Detroit in 2014 around the time Django's online blog got published as a book.

Those video interviews with Django [[Matthew Loflin Davis) have attracted interest as part of an upcoming retrospective [[R.I.P.) exhibition of Django's Detroit-based artworks. Talk soon...
    Last edited by night-timer; September-17-19 at 06:54 AM.

^^^looking forward to it.

Thanks as well, began lurking in 2002, got active for awhile after I moved back in 2009, then fell off to lurker status again when I moved back out of state. Have always loved having this place to learn and keep up with what was, what is, and what may be Detroit.

Do you know what today is... It's your anniversary.

A huge THANK YOU to Lowell and DYers for a fun and very informative website!! Can we hope for 20 more years??

An unbelievable resource for the Metro Detroit community and those abroad [[including myself).

It's great to see how this site has grown and continued growth in the future. Happy Birthday!

Such happy memories of DetroitYes for so many years. The Grillmaster and I met so many terrific folks and had such great conversations [[both on the Forum and in person) through the years. I miss those good times! Fun to run into folks here and there around the D! Here's to another 20 years!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2