Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 160
  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I wonder what a knife wielding crazy could have done in the same circumstances, aiming to kill as many people as possible.
    Probably less damage than someone driving a rental truck.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack


  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Chump spent a lot of spittle on the criminal Hispanic since elected, his tweets are a shorthand, a miserable telegraphing of hate to the far-right that he aims to please.

    It's a damned good thing that there aren't more of these killers with all the fire power available to them. I wonder what a knife wielding crazy could have done in the same circumstances, aiming to kill as many people as possible.
    The Hispanic group that he targeted knows who they are and they like to chop up your family in little pieces while you watch before they do the same to you.

    All you have to do is be in the wrong place at the wrong time,see something that you were not supposed to see or even somebody thinks that you saw something that you were not supposed to see.

    Maybe you can go have a chat with them and show them some of that Canadian compassion and convince them to change thier ways?

    If you have that much compassion for that element please set up a go fund me and convince them to move to Canada so they can be out of under the pressure of the words of our president.

    You do realize that your government has also targeted the same group hard and heavy no different then Trump.

    They just take the stance of telling the public to shut up and mind your buisness while they handle theirs.

    Personally I would not say anything either,just some well placed snipers and chalk it up as gang violence,nobody would know the difference.

    Do a little search of the knife wielders on the train that took out 100 in China.

    You have enough chemicals right now in your home to take out at least 200 without fireing a shot.

    1% of gun deaths are attributed to mass causality,60% is suicide by gun.

    There has not been a gun violence related study in over 40 years,but there are a group of doctors that performed thier own studies and statistics.

    The left does not want you to know those results from somebody that deals with gun violence on a daily bases,it kinda skews thier agenda.

    There was a assault weapon ban that expired,it was not renewed because the facts showed in the ten years it was implemented there was no reduction in gun violence.

    Fully automatic weapons have been banned for years but it did not stop the Columbians from useing them to settle scores in Miami in the eighties or the Jamacians or MS13 or or or.

    You cannot regulate your way out of violence,all you guys are trying to do is regulate the legal guns owners to the point where gun violence will control you.Or maybe that is the objective,ability to control the population without fear of reprisals.

    Just make killing somebody illegal that solves the problem right there.

    But first the public needs to learn what they are actually referring to when it comes to firearms and thier individual roles.

    Some are referring to pintos as Bentley’s because they have little clue.
    Last edited by Richard; August-04-19 at 09:53 PM.

  3. #28

    Default

    Gunz'r'fun. Can't wait til your Jesus multiplies them so that your well fed schoolchildren be protected by teachers and janitors with gunz. Sure luv yer gunz.

  4. #29

    Default

    How about properly enforcing the laws currently on the books? Put these dumb mofo some place other than the status quo revolving door justice. Like, IN PRISON? Oh yeah, too much like good sense.

  5. #30

    Default

    Canuck - Jesus does not have to multiply them,Canada does it for him.

    For a country that is so anti gun,you guys shure enjoy the billion dollar weapons industry based in Canada.

    How many Canadian fully automatic weapons are in the hands of Boca Haram that just killed 65 at a funeral and over 2000 men women children and babies in the last six months.

    Let me guess they swam over thier on thier own,just like they jump up in the air and shoot people,amazing they are.

    Sorry Canuck you guys do not get to take the higher moral ground just because you ban them in your country but still supply them to every crackpot genocide creating wako in craphole countries.

    You guys have just as much blood on your hands as every other country in the world.

    The first thing Venezuela did was take away the guns,5500 people deemed anti government have just disappeared without a trace in the last couple of years.

    And to think,not long ago everybody was enjoying the high life,nobody expected to wake up one day and be looking up the barrel of a government weapon.

    The world moves on things can change quickly,given the options of being prepared for something that may never happen verses not being prepared when it does is the option many Americans choose.

    Its only you and your families lives at stake,what have you got to lose.

  6. #31

    Default

    Politics du jure aside. These types of things have been going on for a while in different countries and for different reasons.
    What is common is the military style rifles and the " if it bleeds it leads" mentality of the media past and present.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Gunz'r'fun. Can't wait til your Jesus multiplies them so that your well fed schoolchildren be protected by teachers and janitors with gunz. Sure luv yer gunz.

    They must have run out of money in Canadian schools and quit teaching spelling, eh? Are the Hell's Angels still peddling firearms, drugs, and killing RCMP in Montreal? Or did your Allah deem that "unacceptable"?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-05-19 at 03:14 AM.

  8. #33

    Default

    Although much more directly violent and damaging to others, I see incidents like this as just another angle of America's biggest unaddressed problem....mental illness. Gun nuts, suicides, the obese, the hoarders, the abuse of drugs and alcohol, etc...all part of a much larger problem that doesn't have any easy solutions. The cause ? People used to joke 'they' put something in the water. Now I'm not so sure they're wrong. It's quite possible that chemicals poisoning our environment could be taking a toll on human mental health in some way that's beyond our current understanding.

  9. #34

    Default

    Or it's possible that a society so screwed up as to favor some at the expense of others is taking a toll.

    How much Kardasitrash does it take to put society in the gutter?

  10. #35

    Default

    ^ between you and Bong man that is the gist of it,but it is easier to go after the guns.

    I did my grocery shopping Sunday and had to remind two roughly 13 yo females that the line started at the back,they looked confused like it was perfectly normal to jump to the front.

    I guess I embarrassed the hell out of them because they ended up just walking out the door with the items without paying for them,the store staff just watched them walk.

    Because they would probably get sued if they detained them.

    If somebody does not have insurance they have to call the police and have themselves baker acted to get mental health help.

    I also have to wonder what the long term effects of all the chemicals in the foods,when I went to school you did not see kids hormonely devolved like you see now.

    But it is also instant gratification,we want results now,it is illegal for the gov to do gun studies but it is not illegal to study the cause and effect of the core issues and how to deal with them,but yet no energy is devoted to that.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ between you and Bong man that is the gist of it,but it is easier to go after the guns.

    I did my grocery shopping Sunday and had to remind two roughly 13 yo females that the line started at the back,they looked confused like it was perfectly normal to jump to the front.

    I guess I embarrassed the hell out of them because they ended up just walking out the door with the items without paying for them,the store staff just watched them walk.

    Because they would probably get sued if they detained them.

    If somebody does not have insurance they have to call the police and have themselves baker acted to get mental health help.

    I also have to wonder what the long term effects of all the chemicals in the foods,when I went to school you did not see kids hormonely devolved like you see now.

    But it is also instant gratification,we want results now,it is illegal for the gov to do gun studies but it is not illegal to study the cause and effect of the core issues and how to deal with them,but yet no energy is devoted to that.

    You need to feed them good stuff like we do in Canada.

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You need to feed them good stuff like we do in Canada.
    Yea,I guess it is hard to screw up a mustard sandwich lol

    You notice how after every shooting metal health experts are made advailable to deal with the trauma and flood the airways with thier diagnosis.

    Where were they before it happens?

    A couple of Parkland students refused to do public interviews on how the shooting directly effected them,because they were handed a script to read from by the media.

    It is wash rinse and repeat every time and the aftermath is always the same,tears and gun control,what are we expecting?

  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yea,I guess it is hard to screw up a mustard sandwich lol

    You notice how after every shooting metal health experts are made advailable to deal with the trauma and flood the airways with thier diagnosis.

    Where were they before it happens?

    A couple of Parkland students refused to do public interviews on how the shooting directly effected them,because they were handed a script to read from by the media.

    It is wash rinse and repeat every time and the aftermath is always the same,tears and gun control,what are we expecting?

    You are smart enough to figure it out. All those cues on what is wrong with US media, the Spin, the mindlessness, the lack of actual care for the suffering, and yet, you are gung-ho on the unsurpassed democracy. Goes to show how successful the mind numbing has been on your behalf. Keep on wanting to defend your family from real and perceived dangers from all around you. Let me relax. Canada is a luxury.

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You are smart enough to figure it out. All those cues on what is wrong with US media, the Spin, the mindlessness, the lack of actual care for the suffering, and yet, you are gung-ho on the unsurpassed democracy. Goes to show how successful the mind numbing has been on your behalf. Keep on wanting to defend your family from real and perceived dangers from all around you. Let me relax. Canada is a luxury.
    You're so right, why not start posting there, eh?

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You're so right, why not start posting there, eh?
    Why do you hate Canada and Canadians?

    Is it for the same reason you hate anyone who isn't white? Just wondering.

    You never fail to bark that no one can speak about or for you country but you; yet in the decades of your life past thousands of your fellow Americans have lost their lives because you said nothing or nothing intelligent, and did even less.

    Where was your intervention to end Gerrymandering? Take the money out of politics? Enact sensible gun laws? Improve the quality of public schools? Or ensure every American had health insurance?

    You are capable of voting in Michigan elections and on ballot initiatives. Your capable of starting one of the latter. Your capable making so there is no Flint water crisis, no shooters, as in Dayton with 100-round magazines, no American who lacks health insurance, and politicians are less likely to be corrupt and more likely to represent the will of the people.

    I speak up on behalf of my American friends to try to make their communities safer, cleaner, better places to live.

    What do you do again? Just go on an international forum and bitch that there are internationals there..........sigh.

    Not once have you lifted a finger to make your country better.

    Hell you can be bothered informing yourself on how you might do that, instead you insult anyone w/suggestions and put your fingers in your ears while yelling 'la la la' at the top of your lungs like a 10 year old brat.

    If you think I or Canuck are saying something factually wrong......by all means PROVE it! Do some research. I will be the first to stand up, retract a wrong statement and apologize.

    Otherwise your only problem seems to be with people who want to make the world a better place; because you want to be left alone in your suffering. Have no fear Honky, I will fully support gun control, except on your street, a clean environment, except on your street, a good education, except on your street and healthcare for all, except on your street.

    Now let your neighbours build a better world in peace will you.

  16. #41

    Default

    Not only did he blame "fake news" as part of the problem with mass shootings and people with mental illness this morning, let's take a look back...

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
    Last edited by Maof; August-05-19 at 09:24 AM.

  17. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You're so right, why not start posting there, eh?
    I'm doing my bit to advance democratic ideals.

  18. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You are smart enough to figure it out. All those cues on what is wrong with US media, the Spin, the mindlessness, the lack of actual care for the suffering, and yet, you are gung-ho on the unsurpassed democracy. Goes to show how successful the mind numbing has been on your behalf. Keep on wanting to defend your family from real and perceived dangers from all around you. Let me relax. Canada is a luxury.
    We look through the eyes of today,we cannot predict the future.

    You mentioned perceived dangers so I will give you an example.

    The new green deal presented by the far left progressives,and we have to be careful as to not categorize all Dems as the far left.

    The new green deal was shot down by both parties.

    Why? Everybody wants to save the planet right?

    It was not the idea of the new green deal in itself but the implementing of as discribed by the engineers of including AOCs right hand man,or person.

    Thier idea for the new green deal design was to change the economy by implementing laws and by useing the economy in order to force change.They as the new government then would have removed the private investment and creativity of the economy because they know best what is good for us.

    Would you agree that by controlling the economy of the United States or any other country for that matter you are in effect in control of the population?

    Just as we do the signers of our constitution had thousands of years of various government run countries in order to draw expirence from.

    Would you want to be in a position,as in the case of Venezuela,where you cannot get food and the government gives you the option of giving them your vote or you receive no food.

    As always we live in times where governments come and go,each one has thier view on how they wish to implement change in thier country,democracies rise and fall.

    Look at what is happening in Hong Kong,everyday they are fighting a loseing battle to retain thier democracy that China wants to dissolve.

    Why would they want to do that if it works? You as a government cannot have total control over your people if they have independent thought,make people dependent on you for every thing and you control them.

    That is what it is about and that is why the 2nd amendment is constitutional protected and we will fight to keep it that way.

    Defenseless people are being slaughtered all over the world on a daily bases from collapsing governments,the first thing they do is remove the guns,for thier protection.

    Freedom is not free,never has been,when you give up your freedom in order to be taken care of by the government you are no longer free.

    So yea I would say I would prefer our democracy based republic over Chinas way of government any day,Americans have given there lives and are still doing so today in order to protect it.

    You may choose the path in your country to allow the government to dictate how you may live every aspect of your life but I meet plenty of Canadians that feel the opposite way.

    Just as it is in this country but there is still a majority in this country that understand what it is all about and they are not about to lay down and be run over.

    On any given day there are 53 million refugees in transit fleeing oppression,that is almost twice the population of Canada,it is not democracy that fuels that,it is human nature to want to be free.

    Gauenteed not a single one of those fleeing thought they ever would be.

    The only way people like Bernie and AOC can implement thier plans is by having total control,it will not happen and that is why they are kept on a leash,the only way to have total control is by doing what every other country does,elimination of the opposition,one way or another.

    You already see how they are,if you do not agree with them you are a racist,homophobic deplorable,labels to justify re-education,you are to think how they wish you to think,thanks to the 2nd amendment thier only tool is the hope of public shaming in order to draw support.

    Under thier thumb you cannot have a difference of opinion or self thought without being placed into one of thier little boxes labeled unfit.
    Last edited by Richard; August-05-19 at 10:21 AM.

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We look through the eyes of today,we cannot predict the future.

    You mentioned perceived dangers so I will give you an example.

    The new green deal presented by the far left progressives,and we have to be careful as to not categorize all Dems as the far left.

    The new green deal was shot down by both parties.

    Why? Everybody wants to save the planet right?

    It was not the idea of the new green deal in itself but the implementing of as discribed by the engineers of including AOCs right hand man,or person.

    Thier idea for the new green deal design was to change the economy by implementing laws and by useing the economy in order to force change.They as the new government then would have removed the private investment and creativity of the economy because they know best what is good for us.

    Would you agree that by controlling the economy of the United States or any other country for that matter you are in effect in control of the population?

    Just as we do the signers of our constitution had thousands of years of various government run countries in order to draw expirence from.

    Would you want to be in a position,as in the case of Venezuela,where you cannot get food and the government gives you the option of giving them your vote or you receive no food.

    As always we live in times where governments come and go,each one has thier view on how they wish to implement change in thier country,democracies rise and fall.

    Look at what is happening in Hong Kong,everyday they are fighting a loseing battle to retain thier democracy that China wants to dissolve.

    Why would they want to do that if it works? You as a government cannot have total control over your people if they have independent thought,make people dependent on you for every thing and you control them.

    That is what it is about and that is why the 2nd amendment is constitutional protected and we will fight to keep it that way.

    Defenseless people are being slaughtered all over the world on a daily bases from collapsing governments,the first thing they do is remove the guns,for thier protection.

    Freedom is not free,never has been,when you give up your freedom in order to be taken care of by the government you are no longer free.

    So yea I would say I would prefer our democracy based republic over Chinas way of government any day,Americans have given there lives and are still doing so today in order to protect it.

    You may choose the path in your country to allow the government to dictate how you may live every aspect of your life but I meet plenty of Canadians that feel the opposite way.

    Just as it is in this country but there is still a majority in this country that understand what it is all about and they are not about to lay down and be run over.

    On any given day there are 53 million refugees in transit fleeing oppression,that is almost twice the population of Canada,it is not democracy that fuels that,it is human nature to want to be free.

    Gauenteed not a single one of those fleeing thought they ever would be.

    The only way people like Bernie and AOC can implement thier plans is by having total control,it will not happen and that is why they are kept on a leash,the only way to have total control is by doing what every other country does,elimination of the opposition,one way or another.

    You already see how they are,if you do not agree with them you are a racist,homophobic deplorable,labels to justify re-education,you are to think how they wish you to think,thanks to the 2nd amendment thier only tool is the hope of public shaming in order to draw support.

    Under thier thumb you cannot have a difference of opinion or self thought without being placed into one of thier little boxes labeled unfit.
    The short answer is in this question; how many of these displaced bombed and burned out people were dealt these blows by US interventions?

    How much misery in Vietnam, how many disappeared victims via black ops, what insanity to continue this so called policing to further corporate interests.

  20. #45

    Default

    3 times we did not want to get involved WW1 WW2 and China.

    If you are targeted by black ops it is because you are doing some really nasty stuff,they do not jump around the world Willi nilly taking people out just because.

    We had to get involved in WW1 and WW2,Truman choose not to get involved in the communist take over over China after we saved them in WW2.

    The time we did not get involved when we should have brought us Korea and Vietnam.

    We are not involved with the millions of Muslims being forced out of Burma by foot or death.

    We are not involved with the hundreds of warlords creating genocide in Africa and the Congo,Hillary did help overthrow one government there in order to install another that was just as bad but it was profitable,to her anyways.

    We did not get involved in Chili when hitlers concentration camp expert escaped there and help that dictator set up camps and eliminate 100,000 citizens that opposed.

    Same as in Argentina under Peron where 100,000 plus also disappeared.

    Same as a majority of other South American countries,Panama,Columbia,etc are all stabilized because of our involvement.

    Yes sometimes we create refugees,but they are still alive and have a chance verses being dead.

    If Canada had an internal coup that started killing off those would did not submit you do not think we would be involved?

    It is easy and popular to sit in our comfortable homes and pass judgment on affairs but when it is not our families getting chopped up for thier politics we really do not understand what it is really about.

    Just like the morons crying that we are or maybe involved in Venezuela in order to steal thier oil,when thier economy was doing good it was because we were buying 70% of thier oil and paying $70 per barrel over when we could have bought it cheaper elsewhere.

    Chavaz used that money not for the people but put it in his own pockets,we were paying $4 for a gallon of gas in order to make him rich while he was killing off anybody that opposed him.

    We should have sent black ops in there at that time,we will proably still have to But in the meantime another 100,000 lives have been lost only because they believed in freedom.

    For the most part we do the exact thing Canada does,provide those within the tools, namely weapons,that were stripped away by the incoming power so they can have a fighting chance.

    The question is if the situation was reversed would others do the same for us? We are not taking that chance and keeping our 2nd amendment.

    What does our radical left want to do every time they run up against the constitution,they want to change it in order to suit thier agenda.

    The first thing Chavez did was eliminate Venezuela’s constitution in order to gain complete power over the people.

    The argument is that our constitution is outdated when it is just as relevant today as it was 200 years ago.
    Last edited by Richard; August-05-19 at 11:47 AM.

  21. #46

    Default

    The El Paso killer targeted Hispanics killing 20. 6 of the 20 were Mexican citizens. He left behind a manifesto airing his thoughts. Democratic presidential candidates blame Trump.

    The Dayton killer killed 9 outside an Irish music bar. Contra dancing which could be European or American folk dancing, was scheduled there that evening. He was killed by police trying to enter the bar before he could kill more. His twitter account recorded that he supported Elizabeth Warren and socialism and was a registered Democrat. Country music venues probably have a lot of Trump supporting patrons but 6 of the 9 he killed were black complicating efforts to come up with a motive. I haven't seen any Democrats blamed for his actions.

    Over the same weekend, 53 were shot, 7 fatally in Chicago. The press doesn't seem to care when black people are killed in Chicago every weekend. No one blames Chicago politicians or a lack of gun control laws there either.

    Guess which set of murders receives the most coverage in our corporate media.

    Speaking of media coverage: Whatever happened to the coverage of the Las Vegas country music festival shooting, the largest U.S. mass shooting, in which 59 were killed and 714 were injured on 10/1/17? Conspiracy theorists have it that Stephen Paddock ran guns to the middle east and ISIS claims he converted to Islam 6 months prior to his shootings. If he was an international gun runner, he would probably had high level connections. The press lost interest and his motive was not determined.

  22. #47

    Default

    I'm just going to leave this here:

    Jim Jefferies on Gun Control

    Part 1:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyN-X9lMw1o

    Part 2:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4

  23. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The short answer is in this question;
    Why do people insist on quoting the entire lengthy post they're replying to?

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here:

    Jim Jefferies on Gun Control

    Part 1:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyN-X9lMw1o

    Part 2:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4
    Notice how the gun remains neutral in the previous posts. The guns are stoic, standing at the ready, dependable aand defendable in all cases. Somebody must be profiting from that dementia.

  25. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The El Paso killer targeted Hispanics killing 20. 6 of the 20 were Mexican citizens. He left behind a manifesto airing his thoughts. Democratic presidential candidates blame Trump.

    The Dayton killer killed 9 outside an Irish music bar. Contra dancing which could be European or American folk dancing, was scheduled there that evening. He was killed by police trying to enter the bar before he could kill more. His twitter account recorded that he supported Elizabeth Warren and socialism and was a registered Democrat. Country music venues probably have a lot of Trump supporting patrons but 6 of the 9 he killed were black complicating efforts to come up with a motive. I haven't seen any Democrats blamed for his actions.
    Why would Democrats be blamed? The association made between Trump and these incidents is two-fold, the first is that Trump has openly promoted hatred of Hispanics and other minorities; made it more socially acceptable to air such views in public, and has minimized the significance of violence against them.

    As such he has increased the likelihood of racially-motivated attacks, and certainly done nothing to discourage them.

    To contrast: Has the Democratic leadership come out against Irish people? People in bars? People who like country music? Have they said white people or people in Ohio or w/e are all rapists and murderers?

    Of course not! So Trump is linked because of his coarse discourse.

    There is nothing comparable on the other side of the aisle.

    The other linkage is gun control.

    Democrats, when they have had the chance haven't imposed much; but Republicans have opposed or watered down any gun controls when given the chance.

    They won't even support something simple and non-obtrusive like limiting magazine size.

    This fellow in Ohio, had a 100-round magazine. That's not for hunting animals, nor personal protection; that is a weapon of war.

    With that weapon he was able to kill 9 people in 23 seconds, and injure a slew more.

    He was shot dead by police after 24 seconds.

    Had he been limited to a 10-round magazine, one would reasonable infer a pro-rated reduction in people shot and killed; meaning six more people would still be alive.

    Opposing that kind of common sense measure, is akin to murder in my mind. Its certainly facilitation.

    Over the same weekend, 53 were shot, 7 fatally in Chicago. The press doesn't seem to care when black people are killed in Chicago every weekend. No one blames Chicago politicians or a lack of gun control laws there either.
    Chicago politicians have no ability to enforce effective gun laws; that is solely the prerogative of senior levels of government. The social ills in Chicago also require fixes to education, healthcare and labour policy that are largely beyond the power of local government.

    To be sure, I don't doubt Chicago politicians could do better.

    But to suggest that the primary responsibility would be theirs; when no one is targeting the government of El Paso for what happened, or Dayton is hypocritical.


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.