Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Whitney Houston flubs comeback performance on 'GMA'

http://detnews.com/article/20090902/...rmance-on--GMA

Does anyone think she be able to return to stardom as she was in the 80s/90s?

i don't know what all the hype was about anyway. did catch the end of "i'm every woman" and found it odd the way she just walked off at the end without acknowledging diane sawyer and robin roberts....i think they did too.

Stick a fork in her. She's done.

UFO Guest

I feel bad for her. All those years of hard drug must have diminished her health, both physically and mentally.

She must feel beaten down.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I feel bad for her. All those years of hard drug must have diminished her health, both physically and mentally.

She must feel beaten down.
    Yes, it is sad.
    She put herself into this position, which is just as sad.

There are many more talented singers out there. I could name several in the Detroit scene.

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Yes, it is sad.
    She put herself into this position, which is just as sad.

There are many more talented singers out there. I could name several in the Detroit scene.

Bob, I agree but I would not place %100 of the blame on her. Most yes, but not all.

Michael, Elvis,Marilyn,Jayne,etc etc all were worldwide stars.

The business practices and people that surround them have some fault in this you know.

lilpup Guest

Early morning appearances like GMA can be really tough for performers. Not the ideal situation for them.

Another faded diva. Maybe she can return to her hometown and run for city council?

I hope she can regain what she allowed that snake, Bobby Brown to take from her.

ccbatson Guest

Comebacks are rarely enough to recapture super stardom....The superstardom itself is largely luck and timing in the first place.

Feel sorry for her? Why?