Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 2 potential September groundbreaking’s

With both The Mid and TCF/chemical building projects potentially breaking ground in September. Who will be first to start construction on their project? My personal bet is on “The Mid”

After the groundbreaking construction will start for those two buildings by the year 2025.

The construction firm has set up shop in my building [[Grand Park Centre) in the vacant Bank of America retail spot as of last week as their point of command and have taken up the Adams Theater dirt lot for staging. All of the HVAC units and other roof top stuff has been removed from the building that's being demoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    After the groundbreaking construction will start for those two buildings by the year 2025.
    Lol, it’s hard NOT to be pessimistic about construction and deadlines in Detroit. So many nice proposals over the last few years. Groundbreakings come and go and we’re still waiting. Hopefully we’re wrong on these two and financing is good for it to move along.

For all the people that complain about construction and groundbreakings being delayed, I remember back, and it wasn't too long ago, when neither of these things happened at all.

Couldn't agree more. We went from almost nothing downtown to building lofts on 7 Mile and Livernois.

How's that going, Seven&wyo? What are your impressions of the changes on Livernois and the potential for further develop east and west on 7 Mile?

It looks like it's going well, I haven't been paying attention regarding the amount of man power on site, but it looks like the brick may be going up soon[[ I guess I have no idea).

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRises View Post
    With both The Mid and TCF/chemical building projects potentially breaking ground in September. Who will be first to start construction on their project? My personal bet is on “The Mid”
    I agree, since they have to DEMO that parking lot for TCF.

And if Cobo isnt renamed to Chemical Center I'm going to be pissed off. TCF Center sounds stupid and is hard to say off the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    de rigueur in the D

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRises View Post
    I agree that the Mid will start first, but guessing the TCF building gets finished first since half of it looks to be a concealed parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. We went from almost nothing downtown to building lofts on 7 Mile and Livernois.
    It's all planned by Gilbert and Duggan!