Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Aug 3-5 Visit to Detroit - Where are the good thrift stores?

Hi, I like to thrift and wanted to know where some really good thrift stores are. Salvation Army, Goodwill, small thrifts....thanks. I will be in the WSU area and in Sterling Hts.

Community Thrift store on Gratiot and 16 mile rd. Very organized and employees are great. I believe seniors, 55 and older, get 1/2 off on Wednesday's.
    Last edited by Maof; July-29-19 at 07:46 AM.

Value World. IMO far superior than some thrift stores I've used. They often have 50% off sales and VIP sales if you join their mailing list.

https://www.valueworld.com/store-locator/

If you have the time and a good eye you can find great designer items, and every day they sale good general and work clothing, household items etc. There was one up on Woodward near Euclid for decades. Closed last year. Other great locations include:

22130 Coolidge Hwy, Oak Park [[my favorite)

24900 Kelly Rd, Eastpointe

22615 Ecorse Rd, Taylor

12125 Dix, Southgate.....

and other locations
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-30-19 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Community Thrift store on Gratiot and 16 mile rd. Very organized and employees are great. I believe seniors, 55 and older, get 1/2 off on Wednesday's.
    There are a whole bunch of thrift stores up Gratiot in this general area, up or down a mile or two. I can't think of any still near WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    There are a whole bunch of thrift stores up Gratiot in this general area, up or down a mile or two. I can't think of any still near WSU.
    True. I've scored some great deals at Community. There's also the Salvation Army down a mile or two. Not a big fan of Sunshine Thrift Store in the same strip as Community Thrift or Value World.

St. Vincent De Paul Society:
    15725 Grand River
    Detroit. Closes @ 6 according to the website.

Salvation Army
    1200 W. Fort
    Detroit. Closes @ 8 according to the website.

Salvation Army
    8525 N. Telegraph
    Dearborn Heights Closes @ 7

Step Thrift Store
    23830 Ford Rd.
    Dearborn Heights

I've found some great buys at Second Hand Rose in Mt. Clemens. Revenue generated from the store helps support Turning Point, a domestic abuse shelter in Mt. Clemens.

158 South Main Street
    Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
    Located 2 blocks south of the County Bldg. in downtown Mt. Clemens

Value World 50% OFF Sale going on now!

https://mailchi.mp/b54ca5ae6d2d/get-...5?e=38a03870fd
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-30-19 at 09:41 AM.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gros...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe you could find a pair of vintage painter pants!