Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Looking for 2 missing friends, may be deceased

One of my friends, 70yo, died last year. I talked to the Medical Examiner and wrote her building management. No information. She may have died outside Detroit. I went to ancestry.com and she wasn't listed in the death index. Anybody know where else I can look to find where she died?

Hello!

Try Googling her name with birth year or date to try to find an obituary online.

You could try the state's vital records office: https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,588...645---,00.html

If you feel comfortable, tell us her name and birth date or year and we might be able to find something.

Try the various Tri County websites death index. Also try ZabaSearch.

Is this the same woman you were looking for a while back? Comediene, I think?

Death indexes via Ancestry.com are not posted until three years have passed. Did you check www.findagrave.com ?

https://www.waynecounty.com/elected/...tificates.aspx Might help. You are thr pro on searching, though.

I don't believe you can search for certs there; only request a death certificate for Detroit and Wayne County. You give them the infor and money and they send you the cert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    https://www.waynecounty.com/elected/...tificates.aspx Might help. You are thr pro on searching, though.

Last edited by Former_Detroiter; July-27-19 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Try the various Tri County websites death index. Also try ZabaSearch.
    There are a number of people locator sites like Zaba. I would start with the person's full name on Google. If it is an unusual name, that might work or at least provide some links to people locator sites. People locator sites often don't know if a person has died but might provide informations as to their last address. Try adding words like "obituary", relatives' names, or things, places, and institutions the person has been associated with e.g. "Jennifer Hunter" obituary or "Jason Lessard" Denby High School Chesterfield, MI . Facebook and whitepages.com sometimes have results. Try to find their kids on Facebook and Whitepages.com . Also try legacy.com.
    Last edited by oladub; July-27-19 at 10:36 AM.

I found one of my friends, Francine Dent.