Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default RIP Rutger Hauer...

Last edited by Zacha341; July-24-19 at 08:53 PM.

How sad.... I liked him in Ladyhawke with Michelle Pfeiffer and Mathew Broderick....

RIP Rutger...
    Last edited by Gistok; July-24-19 at 03:51 PM.

^^^ I must see that Ladyhawke movie!

2012 interview -- very interesting:

Rutger Hauer and Blade Runner "30 years ago I saw the future"
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-31-19 at 08:52 PM.

He was downright frightening as the replicant in Blade Runner. Another memorable image was that artificial life form marching around like a toy soldier — created just for sport.

What's even more frightening is that things like this will be possible in the real world with recent developments in CRISPR gene editing.

Yeah, I'd say Blade Runner was definitely ahead of its time.

The Island of Dr. Moreau was an equally creepy movie about tampering with life.

Love Blade Runner
    Batty:
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

^^^ Awesome for sure. If you've not done so watch BR with surround sound or a sound bar! The music and sound is great!

Even though I'd seen the film many times enhanced sound made it all the more wonderful. Especially Batty narrative.