Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Berkley Comes Together to support man beaten to Death In Detroit...

Tyler Wingate was brutally murdered immediately after a car accident with another driver. The beating was witnessed. The assailant is still on the loose.

The new normal: Don't get out of your car after an accident?

Berkley comes together to support family of young man fatally beaten...

Last edited by Zacha341; July-24-19 at 05:39 AM.

This is just awful. Won't be long before he's found. The punk sucker punches him and the poor kid goes down. Why couldn't he just walk away?! No, he continues to pummel and kick him to death. Smh
    Last edited by Maof; July-24-19 at 07:38 AM.

^^^ The alleged coward perp has a long wrap sheet of drivers license suspensions, etc. The car he was driving as not his.

I mistakenly backed into a car two winters ago, very minor finder bender - my car taking most of the damage. The other party got out ready to argue. I stayed in, talking to her thru the window until she calmed down!! But for a moment things were poised to escalate.

They're gonna catch this tool soon - yet what's up with the others with him?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-24-19 at 07:43 AM.

This is just horrible. Makes me want to carry more personal protection with me, whether it's my 9mm, or something less lethal to discourage something like this happening. Maybe some pepper spray or ?

Police have since identified the suspect as 23-year-old Lawrence James Davis. Authorities released his photo Monday night.
    Anyone who recognizes the suspect, knows of his whereabouts or has any information pertaining to the crime, is asked to contact the Detroit Police Department’s Homicide Unit at 313-596-2260.

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/artic...fter-car-crash

Imagine the news coverage and outrage if the victim was black.
    I would be all for vigilante justice on this punk. Let him experience the fear the poor guy he beat experienced. Jail will not even phase someone with this mentality.

First off.. it’s terrible what happened to the young man..regardless of race. Far as your statement if victim was black... everyone knows if the Vic was black, SRT wouldn’t be tossing flashbangs in homes looking for the suspect. He or she may get picked up on random traffic stop, etc... The only time we see this type of “manhunt” is when an officer is killed or a suburbanite. That’s the real deal Holyfield.

Detroit Police has found that young thug. Hiding in the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

The new normal: Don't get out of your car after an accident?

I think that's been the normal for a long time...at least at 2 a.m. when you're outnumbered in a shady area of town. Stay in your car and call the police or if the car is driveable take it to the nearest precinct and make a report there.

^^^ A woman rear ended me slightly in Southfield [[icy street). She got out of the car and we exchanged paperwork, took photos of damage, etc.

I could tell she was nervous, but now maybe she'd have stayed in car, called the police which would've been fine as a report was needed anyway.

This is a troubling occurrence in the city. Violent folks with nothing are ready to fight after accidents. I'm sure at 2am on a hot summer night its even worse. Control yourselves people. Control will get you far in life.

If the victim were black, this story would get one paragraph and be gone 12 hours later.
    Then there's DPD who made a NextDoor call out for help finding the killer and of course said it happened on the east side of Detroit. Yes, DPD you do need help.

Make that gone faster from the news stream black+black.

Had it been a white person beating a black person after an accident, it would be national news+plus.

Clearly we see violence increasing, with little regard or remorse on several fronts... increasingly more callous.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    If the victim were black, this story would get one paragraph and be gone 12 hours later.

I'd like to know if the black murderer was radicalized by the "white privilege" mythos of the Leftist Educational Industrial Media Complex and the Democrat party. Could explain why he reacted murderously over a fender bender with a white person.

^^^ OK, please provide the reason-ing for when a black person does this to another black person: existential self-loathing?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-24-19 at 06:34 PM.

Then there's DPD who made a NextDoor call out for help finding the killer and of course said it happened on the east side of Detroit. Yes, DPD you do need help.

Happened on Livernois and Davison, hardly the east side. Senseless, hope they catch this sorry excuse of a human being.

^^^ Yeah I noticed that right away. West side. I was just a grocery store on Davison and Linwood Saturday. Sketchy area, but it's better when you know a few merchants and what not.

At night, especially late many are driving high speed like MANIACS along Davison, hauling to get onto the Lodge.

Last edited by Zacha341; July-30-19 at 01:38 PM.

This is indeed the story of "two Detroit's".

The Old Detroit: Poor, angry, short tempered, multiple run-ins with the law, no regard for their life or the lives of others.

The New Detroit: Optimistic, driven, caring, willing to believe in something previous generations gave up on/ ran away from.

As a BE resident myself [[same as the victim) who is constantly talking up the city at every opportunity and bringing friends and family in whenever I can this is extremely troubling.

Meanwhile, we're in the midst of this debate over facial recognition software being used by the DPD. I say, Chief Craig, get it working on as many cameras as possible and make it known Detroit won't stand for this kind of ANYWHERE in the city any longer.
    Last edited by K-slice; July-31-19 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Meanwhile, we're in the midst of this debate over facial recognition software being used by the DPD. I say, Chief Craig, get it working on as many cameras as possible and make it known Detroit won't stand for this kind of ANYWHERE in the city any longer.
    Relying on facial recognition software is not a solution, but rather an invitation for mistakes, abuse and a big-brother world. https://www.cnet.com/news/why-facial...hard-to-crack/

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Relying on facial recognition software is not a solution, but rather an invitation for mistakes, abuse and a big-brother world. https://www.cnet.com/news/why-facial...hard-to-crack/
    My point was, when things like this are happening why are we even debating taking a valubal tool out of the hands of police? Is facial recognition perfect? No. Should it be used as the last word in suspect identification? Of course not, and no one has argued as such.

This system will get better as the technology improves and if it helps identify murders, thieves, and other criminals they need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    My point was, when things like this are happening why are we even debating taking a valubal tool out of the hands of police? Is facial recognition perfect? No. Should it be used as the last word in suspect identification? Of course not, and no one has argued as such.

This system will get better as the technology improves and if it helps identify murders, thieves, and other criminals they need to use it.
    The actual result of using this would be that more innocent people would get arrested, and more guilty and criminally dangerous people would be let free for convictions based in part on unreliable evidence. It's a lose-lose to use right now.

I too can't stand the New Detroit vs Old Detroit arguments. It's like asking me to feel sorry for the people who fucked the city up in the first place and chastise people who actually give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I too can't stand the New Detroit vs Old Detroit arguments. It's like asking me to feel sorry for the people who fucked the city up in the first place and chastise people who actually give a fuck
    Who fucked up the city?

Just the decades of Detroiters who consistently voted for incompetent politicians, stopped taking care of their neighborhoods and made it so, aside from liquor stores and gas stations, that no other business could operate and then have the balls to criticize people that want to actually move in to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Just the decades of Detroiters who consistently voted for incompetent politicians, stopped taking care of their neighborhoods and made it so, aside from liquor stores and gas stations, that no other business could operate and then have the balls to criticize people that want to actually move in to the city.
    Yeah, how dare those people live in poverty and make it so I can't get a decent pour over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast