Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Gold Dollar Bar Burns Down

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...oss-after-fire

Crews battled a fire at a once legendary concert venue, the Gold Dollar Bar, on Monday evening

Another sad loss at the hands of the vampiric property hoarding Ilitches.

This place had everything to be a relatively low cost renovation success-- the history, the location, and even reportedly at one point Jack White's interest in taking it on. But instead of the added vitality and the preservation of this piece of Detroit history, since it's the Ilitches who own it, and since city officials and Detroit media incessantly fail to hold them to account, something like this was the inevitable result.

The White Stripes - Gold Dollar - 1999-11-27 [[FULL SHOW)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPwc6l9Ids4
    Last edited by bust; July-23-19 at 01:10 PM.

Is that the old "female impersonator" show bar? That used to be a fun place back in Detroit's hayday. I have a few stories about that place too. Oh well, it'll make a great parking lot. Close to the coliseum too.

What's even more disturbing is the story above it about the 23 year old white kid beat to death @ a Detroit gas station.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-23-19 at 02:39 PM.

Shall we start a pool on how soon the burned out site is converted into an Ilitch parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Shall we start a pool on how soon the burned out site is converted into an Ilitch parking lot?
    Great example for having a like or love button Lowell.

I vote yes. My first thought earlier today.

^^^ Yep! Another $20 per event parking lot!

It's a shame that the place where Jack White got its fame is burned to crud. Way to go of not watching your property 'Ill-leetches!!'

Didn't take long for that to be quickly announced.

Of course, it's probably for the best since it's a hollow shell.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/voices...bar-start-soon

How long will it be until the lot is a paved parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Is that the old "female impersonator" show bar? That used to be a fun place back in Detroit's hayday. I have a few stories about that place too. Oh well, it'll make a great parking lot. Close to the coliseum too.

What's even more disturbing is the story above it about the 23 year old white kid beat to death @ a Detroit gas station.
    That would be the Gold Coast on E Seven Mile. Place is full of bears and twinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    That would be the Gold Coast on E Seven Mile. Place is full of bears and twinks...
    I'm not familiar with the Gold Coast. The Gold Dollar Show Bar I'm referring to was around Wayne State, and still operational till about 80.