Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Quicken Roars On While Gilbert Recovers

Good news for Downtown Detroit business as "Quicken Loans announced Tuesday that it recently finished the best quarter in its 34-year history and is trying to hire for 1,300 open positions at its downtown headquarters.

"The privately held company, which ranked as the nation's No. 1 mortgage lender by volume in the first quarter of the year, said it did $32 billion in mortgage originations during the newly completed second quarter, setting a new record."
    https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com/?publink=241510f1f

Dan Gilbert was reported to be undergoing intensive rehabilitation but no further details.

Poor Uncle Dan. Hope he can get back up and going soon.

Thanks Lowell... good to know!!

They did my own home mortgage back in 1990 when I was working for Ameritech on the 2nd floor of the large 4 story Bingham Center at 13 & Telegraph. Their entire company [[Bedrock) was in part of the 2nd floor of the building next to our office. I may have even bumped into Gilbert back then, and never knew it.

Boy have they come a long way in nearly 30 years!!

Good news. Detroit and Michigan need healthy growing companies, and more of them. Also, Detroit is underrated as a financial center

He must be celebrating the good quarter...

Gilbert adds Courtyard by Marriott on Jefferson to real estate portfolio

Dan Gilbert is the new owner of the Courtyard by Marriott property on Jefferson Avenue in downtown Detroit.

His Bedrock LLC real estate company said Wednesday afternoon that the deal for the 265-room hotel previously owned by a General Motors Co. affiliate closed Tuesday, adding yet another key downtown property to his ever-growing real estate portfolio.

A purchase price was not disclosed.

Andrew Leber, vice president of hospitality for the Detroit-based development, ownership, management and leasing company, said improving food and beverage spaces within the hotel will be discussed but for the time being no immediate changes are in store.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...tate-portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    He must be celebrating the good quarter...

Gilbert adds Courtyard by Marriott on Jefferson to real estate portfolio

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...tate-portfolio
    Damn, it says they didn't purchase the retail part of Millender. I would think that is what they would want the most. I have no idea what GM insists on keeping all the retail spaces vacant. I feel like Bedrock could fill the spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Good news for Downtown Detroit business as "Quicken Loans announced Tuesday that it recently finished the best quarter in its 34-year history and is trying to hire for 1,300 open positions at its downtown headquarters.

"The privately held company, which ranked as the nation's No. 1 mortgage lender by volume in the first quarter of the year, said it did $32 billion in mortgage originations during the newly completed second quarter, setting a new record."
    https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com/?publink=241510f1f

Dan Gilbert was reported to be undergoing intensive rehabilitation but no further details.

Those half od 1300 new positions should be priority Detroiters, too. Think of the tax breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Those half od 1300 new positions should be priority Detroiters, too. Think of the tax breaks.
    I'm guessing it's a lot of tech jobs, and entire region is currently lacking tech talent. I don't think they'll want to limit themselves to just Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I'm guessing it's a lot of tech jobs, and entire region is currently lacking tech talent. I don't think they'll want to limit themselves to just Detroit.

Several years ago they interviewed me for an engineering internship and offered like 11 bucks an hour. Most engineering internships pay between 17-25 bucks an hour. I laughed