Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Another time, I went to get a new disabled hang tag for my husband, and the pre-screening line worked perfectly. I was around third in this line when I entered, and when I explained my need the clerk pulled out a new tag, marked it up, punched out the expiration date, and I was out in under two minutes! Now I almost don't mind going to the SoS, and I wonder if the difference is a new manager who knows his stuff. I can't prove it, but the thought is there.
    The reason I went yesterday was to get a handicapped placard for my Mom and they wouldn't give it to me in the pre-screening line. They said I had to be the one who was handicapped to get it there.

SOS is pretty good as long as you don’t need to do something right away. If there’s no rush and you can wait 3 or 4 weeks for an appointment, then you’re okay. If you lose your drivers license and need a replacement right away then you can plan on having a bad day [[don’t ask me how I know this)

I have never had a big problem with SOS before and was not worried about domestic air travel with the new enhanced ID. But they came out with the ID needed to entersome Federal
    offices. Will that be SS offices?
    My renewal is due in 2-21, should I do this pre-October of 2020?
    I have my birth cert. [[At least something from 65 years ago), will a millennial even understand a raised seal? OK Boomer.
    Of course I've Googled everything and it's still not clear.

Why isn’t there a SOS downtown somewhere. There were once one somewhere near Cobo Center but it had closed a few years ago. I really think that the SOS are allowed to bad overcrowded with slow services to encourage more and more people to renew their licenses and other State services online so that the clerks will be done away with

If I sell a vehicle in a private transaction part of the process is to take the purchaser to the Secretary of State, sign it over to them and have them register it right then. I want it out of my name immediately, not next month, not maybe ever. Waiting a week, two weeks, a month whatever for a title change is not acceptable. I've seen too many jumped titles over the years. If your name is on it and it is in an accident or commission of a crime expect some time, effort and possibly money to prove otherwise that you do not own it any longer. I gave a car to a friend once and went to the S of S to transfer it immediately to him. He later sold it, just signed over the title. About three years later he got notice from the state and a city that "his" car was abandoned and impounded.

One of the last customers I had requesting duplicate keys before I retired from a car dealership came in with a signed title and a bill of sale with no purchaser's name on it but dated a year and a half previous. She got up in arms when I refused to make keys for her, according to rules put in place by my employer, the automaker and the state this person did not possess legal proof of ownership.

She then tried to plead her case telling me that it was in a store parking lot loaded with groceries and she had to move it.

She didn't like it when I asked her how she had been driving it without plates for that time period.
    Last edited by shovelhead; December-19-19 at 03:39 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4