Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit, Once Again, Named "Most Stressed Out" City in America

Among the categories where Detroit ranked in the top 5 are: lowest median credit score [[1st), highest poverty rate [[1st), highest divorce rate [[2nd) and lowest average hours of sleep per night [[1st).

Cleveland [[2nd), Newark [[3rd), Baltimore [[4th) and Philadelphia round out the top 5.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/07/d...n-america.html

Another Wallethub "study" that uses city rankings to get media exposure and sell credit cards and loans.

Neat........

We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    We're number one!

We're always number 1. Just on the lists you don't want to be on !!

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  5.6 KB

It just melts right off...

Serenity now, Insanity later

I knew who started this thread when I read its title.

Another link to another article lazily citing another meritless unscientific listicle with more reasons to try to feel good about his move to another deep South Trump State.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    another deep South Trump State.
    Last I checked, it was Michigan that got Trump elected.

But that's a whole 'nother topic.

Another link to another article lazily citing another meritless unscientific listicle with more reasons to try to feel good about his move to another deep South Trump State.
    Atlanta is hardly considered Deep South,it is not much different then most northern cities.

Deep south is Mississippi,parts of Louisiana,Alabama,Arkansas and parts of Rural Georgia,the last thing I would call Atlanta is Deep South.

Everything is in perspective,it would have to be more depressing in Gary Indiana then Detroit,But it does not matter as each place is what you make of it,so who cares what anybody else thinks of where you call home.

Just what we need -- another click-bait listicle. Wasn't there also a list of fattest cities -- and Detroit was ranked at the top or close to the top?

I knew who wrote this reply as soon as I saw "Trump" in it.

You want to end the stress. Stop attending Tigers, Lions, Wings & Pistons games. Just ride your bike past the venues on game days and laugh at the poor folks inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You want to end the stress. Stop attending Tigers, Lions, Wings & Pistons games. Just ride your bike past the venues on game days and laugh at the poor folks inside.
    Poor people can't afford to go inside on game days.

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Poor people can't afford to go inside on game days.
    Which explains why they don't drink, smoke, eat out, have lots of kids, etc. either.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I knew who wrote this reply as soon as I saw "Trump" in it.
    You ought to move there too. Specifically to one of the places Richard pointed out. I think you'll like it.

You ought to move there too. Specifically to one of the places Richard pointed out. I think you'll like it.

I'm going to send you a PM with two pictures. One of your ass and one of a hole in the ground. So you can learn the difference.

You would probably like it to,people that have nothing will give you the shirt off of thier back if you needed it.

A friends son lives in Alabama,wife and 3 kids,not much work there,his house burnt to the ground.

Between the church and the community they built him a new house at no charge,that’s how it works. People look out for each other.

Much less stress.

When Detroit is the same as other industrial cities reinventing themselves,I do not see how one can measure one over the other when it comes to most stressful,Everybody is in the same boat.

I would think places like Gary Indiana etc would be a heck of a lot more stressful then Detroit.