Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Fun story.

Living it up. 250k annual salary, 8k toward monthly living expenses, and maybe the use of the church credit card to buy those gifts. Allelujah!

In New York city living 'large' or just medium will spend out even that level of money fast!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-15-19 at 09:01 AM.

Definitely.

Tell me again why 'churches' should not be taxed?

^^^ They will be soon [[taxed), for many reasons [[not the least will be based on censorship of content). Just don't forget if Christian churches are to be taxed so must Mosques, Buddest temples, the Church of Scientology etc. or we have another issue afoot.

Further, it's still not clear how the government will find a way to justify taxing entities which receive said donations? Tax the donations?

This is in part why I will not join a mega church. As some will be forced to compromise to 'retain' their great wealth - if they consider that of most importance!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-15-19 at 08:14 PM.

Yes, a great deal of focus on Christ going on there...... like not.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Fun story.

Living it up. 250k annual salary, 8k toward monthly living expenses, and maybe the use of the church credit card to buy those gifts. Allelujah!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-19 at 05:49 AM.

I can't find this story in ONE reputable newspaper or newsite, and I'm including Fox as reputable in this instance. NYPost and The Daily Mail are about one step below TMZ

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I can't find this story in ONE reputable newspaper or newsite,
    Took less than 3 seconds using Duck Duck Go:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie.../#751565d1121f

Plus a number of other sites including Slate, several 'christian news sites' and FAUX Snooze.

But the Forbes article only refers to what was said in the other "news" articles; it didn't do its own investigative reporting. I found the same type of reporting in the Washington Post, but no reputable source that actually did interviews, etc. It's sad when Forbe's and WP rely on gossip rags for their news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Took less than 3 seconds using Duck Duck Go:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie.../#751565d1121f

Plus a number of other sites including Slate, several 'christian news sites' and FAUX Snooze.

^ Ha,I am printing that one out ...

Maybe you could check with CNN,they are running a facts matter campaign cough cough.

That actualy fits with the thread ... practice what one preaches

Does investigative journalism even exist anymore? I think profit wise it is cheaper and quicker to stick with the whole he said she said concept and let everybody else sort it out.

The one thing that is clear,at $200 per toy,I am in the wrong buisness.
    Last edited by Richard; July-16-19 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The one thing that is clear,at $200 per toy,I am in the wrong buisness.

That does seem excessive. I think they're just sticking it to people.