Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tropical Storm Barry - Mandatory Evacuations!

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...es-63685189609

New Orleans faces a never-before-seen problem with Tropical Storm Barry

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/weath...rnd/index.html

It's officially a hurricane now at 75 MPH winds.

Of course the wind is the least of their worries.

"Look, there are three ways that Louisiana floods: storm surge, high rivers and rain," Gov. John Bel Edwards said Thursday. "We're going to have all three."

Looks like the fake weather media over-hyped the NO “catastrophe”. They HOPED it would happen so they could talk about it “forever” and allocate blame to “you know who”, and it didn’t [[and of course scare the pants off as many people as possible).

What they really hoped for was that it would be worse than Katrina so they could re-blame bush and lay it on Trump in a twofer.

The real problem is there is to much TV time allocated to “news” and they have to fill it with “something” whether it has relevance in or not. So some of it HAS to be “fake” by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post

The real problem is there is to much TV time allocated to “news” and they have to fill it with “something” whether it has relevance in or not. So some of it HAS to be “fake” by definition.
    Well, I don't mind their [[CNN, MSNBC, FOX) coverage of disasters such as weather or NYC going dark, but 90% of their time is on National politics, and that is just plain boring. On the other hand, the half-hour newscasts by the three networks is usually pretty fair and properly apportioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    On the other hand, the half-hour newscasts by the three networks is usually pretty fair and properly apportioned.
    You mean like illegal aliens drinking out of "toilets"?

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I remember the last major hurricane reporting for Texas. One of "weathermen", hours before it hit, standing in the middle of some bone-dry street, arms flailing, bouncing around like a crackhead after four jumbo coffees, talking about what "could" happen, "if" this and that, and water "was" to come down this street, for 15 minutes. And I sat there like a dummy watching him.

“There’s a very slight chance that if you live in one particular area, you are going to suffer a horrible death due to weather [[maybe in the night), unless you keep tuning in to my updates every 10 minutes.

You might get 6 feet of rain and the temperature will reach 80 but it will feel like 160. Drink water, take your umbrella and don’t drive through water more than 10 feet deep or you’ll get very wet. Have a nice day!”

IMO when it comes to weather reporting, local news is for what's going to happen, national news is for big events that did happen and the weather channel is for everything in between.

^^^Yes! So TRUE^^^

What is really strange is when they say that there is a 20% chance of rain it really means there is a chance that 20% of the population of a given erea will see rain and not the entire place.

Mother Nature [[if we can still call her that) nobody can predict.

Here you go:
    https://www.noaa.gov/
    It's all the up to the minute weather anyone needs. Learn to read, learn to analyze. You don't need some clown with big hair giving you their opinion.

I’m sitting on the deck at home and the temperature gauge is showing 95 F, but I “know” from local TV it feels like 110 F. So why doesn’t the gauge read 110 F then?

I worked in Arizona for a while and remember actual temperature readings of 109 F + were far more uncomfortable than “feeling like 110 F here”. They made you want to never go outside.

It’s just more BS from people who have to fill the time allotted to them with “news”, whether [[should that be “weather”?) it’s factual or fake.

We could slash ALL types of “news” programs by 75% and it’d be a far happier place to live in.

oh oh! just noticed my iPad is melting at the corners. Gotta go.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn.F View Post
    IMO when it comes to weather reporting, local news is for what's going to happen, national news is for big events that did happen and the weather channel is for ...
    ... commercials, movies, worthless fluff spots, commercials, commercials, fluff, commercials, movies, commercials .....

Goodness, somethings blowing pretty fierce, suddenly [[6:59PM). I best check out this site/ search area NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Here you go:
    https://www.noaa.gov/
    It's all the up to the minute weather anyone needs. Learn to read, learn to analyze. You don't need some clown with big hair giving you their opinion.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-20-19 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ... commercials, movies, worthless fluff spots, commercials, commercials, fluff, commercials, movies, commercials .....
    LOL. Somehow I'm not surprised that it's devolved into that. Are the movies weather-related? "Twister" "The Day After Tomorrow" "Flood" ��

"Sharkanado" 1, 2 and 3 too!