Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ICE Agent Does What DPD Doesn't

http://www.freep.com/article/2009090...le-at-gunpoint

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't encourage, and be secretly cheering on, vigilantism.... but having had a recent experience where DPD just didn't give a f**k about simply doing their job, I totally understand and respect this guy. And they [[DPD) had the nerve to say that he may have messed up their case. What a bunch of bullshit; like they had a freakin' case to speak of. Dude likely felt like he would be the only one to actually investigate this damn case.

DPD totally sucks and will be the death of this city...pun intended. Their total incompetence was the final straw for me. I'm out of this bit*h.

lilpup Guest

That guy was out of line. He's exactly the type of person who shouldn't hold any type of law enforcement or security position.

I agree, but deep down, I really wish he would have found the punk who did it. It would likely have been the only justice to be served in this case, since DPD is so incompetent.

The guy did what a lot of us would have wanted to do.

DPD is just about useless.

Hmmm, Detroit's own Jack Bauer?

So someone who didn't do it deserves a gun in their mouth? You are nuts!

Sounds like someone was pushed a little too far. I say hell yeah kick some ass, no more mercy for criminals who prey on other people.

Not to go too far in defending this guy, who is an officer of the law and should know better, but this is the kind of thing that's bound to happen when you have a police department that can't or won't do its job.

In the recent past members of my family have had crimes committed on them and knew exactly who the perpetrators were, but of course the DPD never showed up to investigate and still refused to act after a report was filed. If I, or someone in that part of my family, had a gun and law officer training it sure would have been mighty tempting to go into action ousrelves and at least intimidate the MFs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and let the cops and ex-cops in the audience disagree with me if they wish. But beyond just plain not having enough people on the job, which has been the case for most of my life, there is currently something very deeply broken within the DPD and its culture.

Retroit Guest

I kind of like the Enhanced Interrogation Techniques used by the ICE agent. There is a War on Terror in Detroit and Peace Officers should be allowed to use the same techniques that are allowed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Waterboarding, anyone?

Does anyone here believe that it is OK to stick a gun in someones mouth that MAY know something about a crime?

seems more like he was pointing the gun at totally random people