Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Plum Market Store Downtown Detroit....

Anyone gone yet? I prefer grocery stores with adjacent parking lots, but this is good for the downtown crowd I would imagine...

And this is not a full size Plum so lugging a cart to a car is not really applicable. Thoughts?

https://www.plummarket.com/ally-detroit-center/

Plum Market opens downtown Detroit store on Wednesday

Last edited by Zacha341; July-06-19 at 08:50 AM.

It is going to make a ton of money. It caters to the CBD work-crowd for the most part. Not that many people actually live in the few blocks surrounding this market. Nonetheless it fills a need.

A full grocer is needed downtown still. A second full grocer is also needed in midtown.

^^^ A full grocer is also needed at Grand River and Joy Road or Joy Road and Livernois but that ain't happening -- due to the area. Hah!

Sound like Plum will cater to the very well heeled money wise ala a $12.99 pot pie to go as described in one of the early reviews.

OK, for what it is and who it will serve, cool.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-06-19 at 10:59 AM.

Fine by me, but the problem is do they accept EBT? Because Detroit is still filled with poor folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sound like Plum will cater to the very well heeled money wise ala a $12.99 pot pie to go as described in one of the early reviews.
    For that kind of money I hope there's a lot of good pot in it.

Out in the suburbs, Plum is more pricey than even Whole Foods. It's the prepared counter that they definitely make bank off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    Out in the suburbs, Plum is more pricey than even Whole Foods. It's the prepared counter that they definitely make bank off of.
    It is definitely more expensive than Whole Foods in general, but as SpartanDawg stated, it is completely geared toward the CBD market. People working 9-5 that will pick up prepared meals quickly to take home. I use to go to the Plum in WB every once in awhile... they have good soups.

Anyone gone yet? I prefer grocery stores with adjacent parking lots, but this is good for the downtown crowd I would imagine...

And this is not a full size Plum so lugging a cart to a car is not really applicable. Thoughts?

https://www.plummarket.com/ally-detroit-center/

Plum Market opens downtown Detroit store on Wednesday

I went for the first time today. It's very nice, and offers additional options for downtown groceries. I'll definitely be going there on a regular basis.

Now that's naughty HT...... Puts new spin on the whole notion of 'lunch hour'! I think one would need two!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    For that kind of money I hope there's a lot of good pot in it.
    ...Sound like Plum will cater to the very well heeled money wise ala a $12.99 pot pie to go as described in one of the early reviews.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-19 at 08:09 AM.

Now that's naughty HT...... Puts new spin on the whole notion of 'lunch hour'! I think one would need two!
    Followed by a cream filled bacon topped donut and a nap.

LOL! I'm getting hungry sober!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Fine by me, but the problem is do they accept EBT? Because Detroit is still filled with poor folks.
    Even if they do accept them one shopping trip would probably deplete one entire month's allocation.

I'm hip!! I work and have to budget my grocery shopping; saving the expensively priced items as 'occasional'.

Plum would NOT be a option to stretch a dollar or food allocation amount. No way!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-19 at 01:03 PM.

Plum is for suckers who feel if they spend their extra earnings on a side helping of marketing B/S, it's worth it.

Now if only we can get an urban style Target at SoMA....

They have a mini wine bottle vending machine. Hopefully next to it soon will be a recreational pot vending machine. lol

Food looks good, was busy when I went, but its also so new. [[$$$)

Hah-he! And not a HR sponsored 'random' unannounced drug test that week!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    They have a mini wine bottle vending machine. Hopefully next to it soon will be a recreational pot vending machine. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The poorer folks such as myself and others have Lafayette Foods, Indian Village Market, and Parkway to shop at

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Now if only we can get an urban style Target at SoMA....
    I had thought that Target was looking at the Woodward Mack area. Councilwomans Sheffieds district

^^^ Hmmm, I think Target by expectation needs an adjacent parking lot... not everyone can peddle home a vacuum and a lamp.

Or they'll be scaled down to sell what? Why? We already have CVS, RiteAid and Walgreens......

^^^ Hmmm, I think Target by expectation needs an adjacent parking lot... not everyone can peddle home a vacuum and a lamp.
    Don't worry. By the time Target opens the Q-Line will fan out in 6 directions.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had thought that Target was looking at the Woodward Mack area. Councilwomans Sheffieds district
    Was speculated on back then

https://detroit.curbed.com/2017/4/12...urce=pinterest

But not to my drive way! ......

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Don't worry. By the time Target opens the Q-Line will fan out in 6 directions.

Walked through yesterday at 1:00 p.m. It was jammed. Many people looked to be buying prepared foods and making salads for lunch. Quality looked very good but it is no bargain.
    Thinking of going back today and making a salad for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    I had dropped Sheffield's name for it appeared that two major retail were supposed to opened in her district; Meijer on Jefferson and the supposed Target on Woodward and not to mentioned the foiled planned Planet Fitness on Franklin or Woodbridge. Council by district give that council person too much power to control the developments in their own districts. If the development doesnt meet up to their specifications then the project could be stalled. I am not discounting the mayor either

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast