Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default OK, so what happened downtown [shooting] and why isn't anybody talking about it?

Seeing scattered news reports of a crowd shooting ....

At about 8:15 PM or so, I saw a gathering of folk with multiple police cars off Fort street near the post office... About 150 or so folk, but not ambulance. No protest signs, so didn't look like protestors.

This gathering just a few blocks south of Wayne County Community College? What was that?

Anyway, over all there was a lot violence and shootings last night. See below:

Fourth of July violence: 9 hurt, 1 killed in 9 separate Detroit shootings over 6-hour span

Last edited by Zacha341; July-05-19 at 12:14 PM.

I feel so bad that these people are getting "pushed out"

What the hell is going on in Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    NRA!
    NRA!
    NRA!

'Course they're self-destructing with scandals and internal theft, so ....

The NRA is not interested in Detroiter's guns. If anything they'd prefer they NOT have guns. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    NRA!
    NRA!
    NRA!

NRA!
    NRA!
    NRA!

I don’t understand. Are you suggesting these guns were legal and carried with CCW?

Did I read that correctly?

The guy objected to fireworks because they're noisy and so he started firing a rifle at people to ... what? Quiet things down?

One word: earplugs.

^^^ Hah, it need not make any sense -- it's beyond reason on both ends these days. Every response to the extreme!

Just another example of the increasing selfish societal break-down. I was visiting a friend and the folks across the way had commercial grade speakers on their porch blasting away. Everyone be damned.

You're a captive audience if you live in such a neighborhood. Thankfully it's fairly quiet in my area.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-05-19 at 04:05 PM.

Probably fallout from Obama's failed Fast & Furious gun sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    At about 8:15 PM or so, I saw a gathering of folk with multiple police cars off Fort street near the post office... About 150 or so folk, but not ambulance. No protest signs, so didn't look like protestors.

This gathering just a few blocks south of Wayne County Community College? What was that?

Anyway, over all there was a lot violence and shootings last night. See below:

Fourth of July violence: 9 hurt, 1 killed in 9 separate Detroit shootings over 6-hour span

Just some street rats problems. Brothers killing brothers. I have seen every day and night in the ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I feel so bad that these people are getting "pushed out"
    Neighbor hate the riff raffs shooting off fireworks. So this mad neighbor gets a gun and started shooting its fireworks at a girl and woman.

Seeing scattered news reports of a crowd shooting ....
    There... we're talking about it. I noticed you made a mistake in your thread title... none of the shootings was in downtown [[the main post office is not downtown).

I bet that some of these were people shooting off their guns into the air in lieu of fireworks/fire crackers... People shooting guns into the air don't realize that it can be just as deadly as taking aim at people.

Also the SCS shooting was 1 block from the border to Roseville... if it makes any difference. SCS did have a murder/suicide... but that was 2018... when an elderly couple [[those damn elderly!) had a spat.
    Last edited by Gistok; July-05-19 at 05:35 PM.

I would ask you the same question... what the hell is wrong with Atlanta?

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/poli...-off-fireworks
    Last edited by Gistok; July-05-19 at 05:39 PM.

What happened at the Post Office? I drove by there yesterday late evening and there was quite a crowd with part of Fort blocked... but I could not find anything about it??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    There... we're talking about it. I noticed you made a mistake in your thread title... none of the shootings was in downtown [[the main post office is not downtown).

NRA!
    NRA!
    NRA!

Today 5 million law-abiding NRA members didn't shoot anybody.

I would ask you the same question... what the hell is wrong with Atlanta?

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/poli...-off-fireworks
    One incident is hardly comparable to 9 seperate incidents, never mind the numerous "standoffs" [[as if it's the Wild Wild West) another person posted about.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-05-19 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    Exactly. I’m stump to recall if ever an NRA member was involved in a reckless shooting. Plenty shoot the bad guys but we rarely hear about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    And another 300 million non-NRA members didn't shoot anyone either.

For all you NRA lovin' folks, the NRA is the money rich scum lobby that allowed this to happen....

On the night of October 1, 2017, Stephen Paddock opened fire on a crowd of concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada. He killed 58 people and wounded 422, and the ensuing panic brought the injury total to 851.

In the 10 minutes it took to slaughter all those people... he used
    ammunition that included fourteen AR-15 rifles [[all of which were equipped with bump stocks and twelve of which had 100-round magazines), eight AR-10 rifles, a bolt-action rifle, and a revolver. A bump stock modifies a semi-automatic weapon so that it can shoot in rapid succession, mimicking automatic fire.

The NRA is all powerful lobby that allowed this type of slaughter to happen and here it is 2 years later and the politicians that the NRA has in their pockets... have done next to nothing [[it took 2 years to even ban bump stocks).

So when I hear dipshits saying "The NRA ain't killed nobody".... I just shake my head in disbelief at some of their comments.

FYI... my late father was a hunter for over 40 years, and he was an NRA member. He always used to say what sport do you use semi-automatic weapons in? Certainly not in bagging deer, rabbits, wild boars, bears, or other game that he went hunting for.

No the only game semi-automatic weapons are for is slaughtering the innocents. And you don't even have to worry about bagging the limit....
    Last edited by Gistok; July-05-19 at 09:14 PM.

FYI... my late father was a hunter for over 40 years, and he was an NRA member. He always used to say what sport do you use semi-automatic weapons in? Certainly not in bagging deer, rabbits, wild boars, bears, or other game that he went hunting for.

No the only game semi-automatic weapons are for is slaughtering the innocents. And you don't have to worry about bagging the limit....

Semi-automatic rifles and shotguns are commonly used for hunting and have been for more than half a century. Waterfowl, wild pigs, doves, crows, coyotes and even deer. All species that I myself have harvested using a semi-automatic shotgun, rifle or handgun in the last 30 years. If you were to visit a state game area such as Michigan's Harsen's Island or Fish Pointe you would see 50% or more of the hunters there carrying a semi-auto shotgun.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-05-19 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Semi-automatic rifles and shotguns are commonly used for hunting and have been for more than half a century. Waterfowl, wild pigs, doves, crows, coyotes and even deer. All species that I myself have harvested using a semi-automatic shotgun, rifle or handgun in the last 30 years. If you were to visit a state game area such as Michigan's Harsen's Island or Fish Pointe you would see 50% or more of the hunters there carrying a semi-auto shotgun.
    Well my father passed away 20 years ago, and he was the head of a hunters group. Didn't see a single semi-automatic weapon among any of his group photos.

So now hunters prefer the easy way... where it doesn't require as much skill. And just look at the side effects of this on the greater population.

I don't blame the NRA members... just the fact that schools have to have safety drills other preparations... and children are really frightened. But it seems that the NRA is against every precaution that politicians propose.

I'm not against hunting... just the methodology today. My father was a sportsman all his life, and the hallway of my house I decorated as a memorial to his passion for hunting. I just don't care for toll it's taking these last 25 years....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast