Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Or applied to people not interested in the organization [[I seriously doubt most law abiding, registered gun owners in Detroit are NRA members or seeking their approval).

You'd be surprised, Zach341, even Black gun owners. [[am I allowed to say that?)
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-07-19 at 09:37 AM.

^^^^ You're allowed! Hah!

Yes, I'm sure some black people are members just as there are some black republicans. To allow no variance [[even variance you disagree with) from our community is to continue racial stereotypes -- something the far left needs to be remember!!

I just don't like the whole cloth narrative of the NRA applied to Detroiter's, that's not our story per se.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-19 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    How bad a shot are your friends?

Two game wardens, seven hunters, and a cow.

We only seem to make the slippery slope argument on gun regulations, and never on traffic laws or banking regulations or dentist licensing.
    The guy I referred to who uses the AR15 chambered in 7.62 x39 to hunt deer is a former Detroit cop who was with U.S Marshall service for a while. I would venture to say he knows his way around a rifle, shotgun and handgun.

Back on topic... I agree with the OP that not nearly enough people are talking about the issue at hand in southeast MI

Detroit Michigan’s reputation for abundant homicide is beyond bad on the national level. We are the ruler that others use as the measure for the very worst. Ignoring it or using the extremely out dated “all cities have it” is total ignorance because many cities have had success at lowering their homicide rates significantly.

The reality is that the reputation alone for violent gun crime in Detroit has cost the entire metro area Billions of dollars in growth, capital investment and economic diversification for decades now. It is long past time in realizing that simple fact and to put more resources into the problem.

Community policing has shown promise in other cities. Bring it here with scale. Tougher enforcement of all illegal gun crimes will also have to be part of the solution. More educated highly trained better paid law enforcement is necessary. We need to invest in solutions that work.

Currently Detroit is thought of nationally as a city that is rising off of absolute rock bottom. A serious reduction in the homicide rate would be a major signal that things are actually changing for the better exponentially and would bring badly needed economic diversification and better paying jobs to the entire metro area.

For once this state needs to aggressively address a major drawback to the region. Wealth does not gravitate to fear. It never will. That is simple common sense.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; July-07-19 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You'd be surprised, Zach341, even Black gun owners. [[am I allowed to say that?)
    Former Utah Jazz star Carl Malone is an NRA Board of Directors member, right up there with "Uncle" Ted Nugent.

Btw a "semi-automatic" only discharges one shot per trigger pull. Most people are confusing semi and full automatic. But don't let that get in the way of a gun ban.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    Former Utah Jazz star Carl Malone is an NRA Board of Directors member, right up there with "Uncle" Ted Nugent.

Btw a "semi-automatic" only discharges one shot per trigger pull. Most people are confusing semi and full automatic. But don't let that get in the way of a gun ban.
    Thanx, but I am aware of the differences. I came from the "Saturday Nights Special" era, [[never owned one) and a firm believer in "when guns get outlawed, outlaws will have guns". Very few legitimate weapon owners buy and register them with the intent of robbing people in parking lots.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-08-19 at 11:59 AM.

Oh yes, I am aware of the distinction. Funny how some want to disband one form of killing yet oblivious to others......

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3