Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Former WDIV reporter Kevin Dietz is FIRED!

Kevin Dietz is fired from WDIV for making racial remarks And Here's why.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/07/l...l1ue_WojU2bvg#

If you don't have anything nice to say to people, do not say it all!

It's too bad no one has a sense of humor anymore these days.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-03-19 at 04:54 AM.

The funny thing was that the black guy he was making the remark about thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    The funny thing was that the black guy he was making the remark about thought it was funny.
    And he also went to human resources to defend him.

In the age of uber wokeness, you’ve got to watch EVERYTHING you say regardless of intent or reputation. I suspect there will be negative repercussions against those the government, media and HR claim to protect. Just like #metoo, the “evil white men” will adjust their behavior to totally avoid associating with the protected classes.

Good to hear some media companies still are accepting resignations for racial remarks.

Doesn't matter. If you find yourself on the bad side of a comment [[not WOKE on all of the pre-determined levels without variance), you're done.

I avoid jokes about race [[any context or admixture) in my work settings.

Even when white people make self-effacing quips to me I try to steer the conversation elsewhere discreetly. Everyone is on edge for certain.

Don't pull me into that which you may regret. I don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    And he also went to human resources to defend him.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-19 at 06:32 AM.

There will be less opposite sex mentoring as some would rather not subject themselves to the risk of persecution by way of media [[doxing, de-platforming etc). And the racists will underground in 'do nice' mode harboring more hate, angst, and bitterness than before.

So we're still not getting to the root of the problems re. racism and inappropriate behaviors in the work places and elsewhere. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    In the age of uber wokeness, you’ve got to watch EVERYTHING you say regardless of intent or reputation. I suspect there will be negative repercussions against those the government, media and HR claim to protect. Just like #metoo, the “evil white men” will adjust their behavior to totally avoid associating with the protected classes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-19 at 06:29 AM.

Yep. I'm NOT excusing racism, having experienced it blunt and bold in no uncertain terms. However this is in part the micro aggression culture consequence this and that.

He works in media should have KNOWN better...... He does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's too bad no one has a sense of humor anymore these days.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-19 at 06:24 AM.

Evil White Men are already doing this with women because of #metoo and all the fake accusations flying around.

It's unfortunate, as I thought he was a good reporter, but if something looks too sketchy to say, keep your mouth shut. A few years back, Lauren Podell of WDIV got fired for using the "N" word, when she thought the cameras weren't rolling. So I guess she didn't deserve it either? Too bad the POTUS is exempt from his B.S. remarks. He's a big part of the problem with all this, and gets away with it. He's emboldened his base to say whatever the _uck they want.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-03-19 at 01:02 PM.

Is that the one that made the 'light skinned' comment in relation to an ape of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    A few years back, Lauren Podell of WDIV got fired for using the "N" word, when she thought the cameras weren't rolling. So I guess she didn't deserve it either? Too bad the POTUS is exempt from his B.S. remarks. He's a big part of the problem with all this, and gets away with it. He's emboldened his base to say whatever the _uck they want.
    Yeah, If you're too damn dumb to tell the difference, then it's best to just fire 'em all and let Allah sort them out.

I dunno, but none of that sounds good, less we're talking about a Jane Goodall documentary comment on her time with the great apes in Africa, or just skin complexion in general......

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Is that the one that made the 'light skinned' comment in relation to an ape of some kind?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-19 at 03:36 AM.

You're right - neither your intent nor your reputation matter. If your colleague Mother Teresa says, "All Etruscans are lazy mustard eaters, haha winky", she's still going to have a discussion with HR.

Also, if you refuse to associate with anyone other than evil white men, you will severely limit your career advancement or business opportunities.

Appears Malcom Maddox was not provided the opportunity to resign last year [[Freep).....

Tara Edwards, a female journalist, sued WXYZ, alleging that Maddox sexually harassed her for years with raunchy behavior that included frequently asking her to engage in "deviant and perverse" sex acts, tricking her into looking at sex videos and asking if he "could urinate" on her.

Just silly. If the individual he was joking with doesn't have a problem with it and actually defended the job of Kevin Dietz, why take this step? Slow down people. The character of a man shouldn't be defined by a poor [[not extreme) joke and his job shouldn't be taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    Just silly. If the individual he was joking with doesn't have a problem with it and actually defended the job of Kevin Dietz, why take this step? Slow down people. The character of a man shouldn't be defined by a poor [[not extreme) joke and his job shouldn't be taken away.
    Sure there is much more to this story that is not being told.....one is alcohol & spirits being served at the photo shoot.

2013: According to the 48th District Court, Dietz was sentenced on April 18 to 30 days in jail, with credit for one day served, and ordered to pay $1,725 in fines and court costs. He was also ordered to serve 18 months of probation, which includes attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and undergoing treatment.

The record indicated Dietz refused a breathalyzer test, which under the state's super drunk law results in an automatic one-year driver's license suspension. According to the secretery of state, Dietz's license is suspended until May 7, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Sure there is much more to this story that is not being told.....one is alcohol & spirits being served at the photo shoot.

2013: According to the 48th District Court, Dietz was sentenced on April 18 to 30 days in jail, with credit for one day served, and ordered to pay $1,725 in fines and court costs. He was also ordered to serve 18 months of probation, which includes attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and undergoing treatment.

The record indicated Dietz refused a breathalyzer test, which under the state's super drunk law results in an automatic one-year driver's license suspension. According to the secretery of state, Dietz's license is suspended until May 7, 2014.
    Why that's just racist.

^ you did not notice a poster called Smirnoff posting about an alcohol situation,and now you are going to have half of the city stoned,so just replace the word alcohol with marijuana,will they have a super stoned law?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ you did not notice a poster called Smirnoff posting about an alcohol situation,and now you are going to have half of the city stoned,so just replace the word alcohol with marijuana,will they have a super stoned law?
    I find the fact that the man has an alcohol problem little to do with the fact that he cracked a joke with a coworker.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why that's just racist.
    He'll drink to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    He'll drink to that.

I got your point when you posted the link. I just don't feel it has anything to do with his "joke". If he showed signs of intoxication while @ work, and degraded performance, it might be a different story. I know more than one reformed alcoholic that lead sober, productive lives.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-06-19 at 09:07 AM.

Not too much of a drinker here [[I do have my occasional moments though) As far as I’m concerned, if a person has a single drunk driving conviction doesn’t mean that they’re a raging alcoholic or a horrible human being. Driving while intoxicated is a terrible thing to do but it does happen, it never should but it does. I’m sure he was punished appropriately, he paid his debt to society, there was never any other problems, let’s move on from that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast