Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So funny Richard. You live in a country that bursts at the seams with subsidies, and you don't even know it. Educate yourself.

^ yes,very good contribution.

Look at the heavy subsidized inner urban core,who pays that?

What happens when the balance of those receiving verses those paying becomes upset?

I guess we could even it out and cut our school lunch programs out and apply that to healthcare,because when there is a finite amount of resources you have to cut somewhere,then we can even cut more by prioritizing the heathcare by sending those over a certain age to the back of the line because the younger ones are more productive.

Cut even more by eliminating expensive medical care in the name of the greater good,it always seems to boil down to numbers.

Seems to be working in Canada eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Seems to be working in Canada eh?
    Your continue bias against and hatred towards Canada and Canadians mirrors your hatred of intelligent people, facts and those with a conscience.

Now, as to that's working in Canada, eh? No place is perfect, including Canada........but listen glass house.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy

Countries ranked by life expectancy [[ a good proxy for healthcare)

Canada #12; U.S. #31

average life expectancy in Canada 82.2,
    average life expectancy in the U.S. 79.3

Knowing you; we'd hear BS about how that doesn't count because of violence or obesity......

So how about we compare infant mortality instead? Not that may toddlers are murdered, or suffering from morbid obesity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ortality_rates

Canada has the 28th lowest rate of death for those under 5 years old.......[[something we should improve on)

The U.S., however, is #32.

Just sayin.

The United States is still a great country; but it would be better off cutting you loose, if only anyone else would take you.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; October-15-19 at 11:52 AM.

^ would an intelligent person spell it “here” or hear?

I do not hate Canada,I just have a dislike for the hypocrisy.

The Fraser Institute, a Canadian public policy think tank, estimates that 52,513 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment in the U.S. and other countries in 2014, a 25 percent jump from the roughly 41,838 who sought medical care abroad the previous year.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...or-health-care

Then in 2016 CVT.CA put it at 60,000

So explain it to us unintelligent ones, if the free system is so great why would 53,000 need to jump border for health care?

The UK has announced that it is building 40 new hospitals,in order to better serve the needs.

That is a lot of hospitals,does that meen they were unable to serve the needs without them?

Do you really get what you pay for?

My friends wife is under the UK NHS,she was not feeling well,they gave her the standard 90 day appointment,they flew over to the states in the interim and a few days later she was feeling worse.

She went to a local hospital and was admitted immediately into surgery because she had a blockage.

She would have been dead in the UK waiting on the 90 days.

I guess that is how they keep the checks and balances in place.

I do not hate Canada,I just have a dislike for the hypocrisy.

The Fraser Institute, a Canadian public policy think tank, estimates that 52,513 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment in the U.S. and other countries in 2014, a 25 percent jump from the roughly 41,838 who sought medical care abroad the previous year.
    Listen, uninformed hypocrite; 1.4 million Americans sought healthcare outside the United States last year.

That's more than twice as much per capita as Canadians.

So says, the American Journal of Medicine.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...620-X/fulltext

I noticed you corrected your intelligent spelling lol good job.

Canada has 32 million? Where as the US 325 million stands to reason that the US numbers would be more. Eh?

Just admit it,placing the shiny apples on top of the rotten ones does not make them all good.

Canada’s provincial governments pay and borrow as they go — and rank among the most indebted sub-sovereign borrowers in the world. According to Don Drummond, an economist appointed by Ontario’s Liberal government to help fix its finances, Canada’s largest province is projected to see health-care costs soar to the point where they will consume 80 percent of the entire provincial budget by 2030, up from 46 percent in 2010.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...utionary-tale/

I noticed you corrected your intelligent spelling lol good job.

Canada has 32 million? Where as the US 325 million stands to reason that the US numbers would be more. Eh?
    Did you notice the words 'per capita' in my post?????

The U.S. is 9x the population of Canada but has 23 times the number of people leaving the country to receive medical care.

You lost the argument. Completely, whole-heartedly without feint hope of redemption.

Canada’s provincial governments pay and borrow as they go — and rank among the most indebted sub-sovereign borrowers in the world. According to Don Drummond, an economist appointed by Ontario’s Liberal government to help fix its finances, Canada’s largest province is projected to see health-care costs soar to the point where they will consume 80 percent of the entire provincial budget by 2030, up from 46 percent in 2010.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...utionary-tale/

Two observations, the first is that Canada's provincial governments are among the largest sub-national governments in the world, period. As such it follows that they would have comparably high debts.

But total debt to GDP in Ontario 40%, which when added to the federal number of 32% gives you 72%, well less than the United States.

Also, that report on projected healthcare costs of 80% of the provincial budget has proven to be wrong with the number at just over 40% last year, at 62B out of 150B in annual spending.

In summation you can't win an argument with me; you're not sufficiently well informed; you don't care about the facts; as such you're almost always wrong.

^ you just do not make a lick of sense.

If the economics were fine why would they need to appoint an economist in order to fix its Finances ?

According to you they were not broke,but the experts disagree with you,then you pretend to care about facts.

Let me guess,somebodies brother in law needed a job so they said let’s pretend that the system is broke,just do not tell CV about it because he/she would prove us wrong.

The topic was about failed healthcare systems and examples of,Canada provides a good example of as do many other countries,we were not discussing comparing the Canadian healthcare verses the United States.

That is a whole nuther topic.

What do you think is going to happen if another long term 70s or 80s recession kicks in,outside of the system imploding in on itself?

It is not about winning a discussion,it is about how the freebee programs effect the national debt and governments have to borrow money to prop up the programs,creating a cycle of constant cycle that they cannot recover from.

I posted a case in point with Argentina,Ecuador and now with Canada,sooner or later it catches up.

They were singing the same song in the 70s But here we are.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRTK62pVWQ
    Last edited by Richard; October-15-19 at 02:40 PM.

^ you just do not make a lick of sense.
    To someone such as you who gets his "information" from thoroughly discredited sites, and is always content with not checking the veracity of said information, it is not surprising that actual fact-based information would not make "a lick of sense."

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    To someone such as you who gets his "information" from thoroughly discredited sites, and is always content with not checking the veracity of said information, it is not surprising that actual fact-based information would not make "a lick of sense."
    and I should get my facts from ABC news or something like that?

You keep acting like you are coming up with solutions that nobody in the rest of the world has never tried.

History provides the facts that are undeniable.

Try looking at all sides of an issue instead of just saying they have it so it works,you would not buy a used car based solely on the color of the paint.

If you really look at the programs that your side is offering it would take a minimum of 5 years to implement and if they do not work or thier shelf life ends who gets caught in the middle.

Not the ones implementing them,history also shows us that they always have a habit of starting on top while everybody else suffers.

But keep on the track of everybody that disagrees with you is an idiot like CV,it seems to work well in discrediting your own argument.

The United States is a bit more complex and has a total different history then these little easy for government to control the population countries like Canada and such,we do not lay down that easy.

You can also look back on history and see that every generation before you also had the same view that this country is so screwed up and it was on them to change it,where are they now? Even the radicals that were throwing bombs around in the sixties ended up getting married,buying houses and having families.

Follow some of the anti fafia guys and see where they are at 10 years from now.
    Last edited by Richard; October-18-19 at 01:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3