Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I urge all black folks not to eat and buy a drink in all J. Alexander's locations until management fix its Civil Rights measures.
    And if J Alexander’s is proven to not have violated anybody’s civil rights,I would urge them to file defamatory lawsuits against anybody,online or not that encouraged false accusations against them.

They would win as exampled in the link that I posted with the collage.

Anybody ready to place false accusations needs to be ready to except the consequences of those actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I urge all black folks not to eat and buy a drink in all J. Alexander's locations until management fix its Civil Rights measures.
    So you're encouraging them to drink at J Alexanders, but avoid the food? Is something wrong with food there?

Fox affiliate which posted original story has posted a follow up

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...ions-are-false

^^^ Too late. Once this kind of thing goes forth often people double-down withstanding updates.

They will not remove their reviews already posted.

Another FAUX headline. Nothing there proves anything since apparently no one has seen this videonic masterpiece other than the staff. Only the staff says 'nothing happened'.

Perhaps we should get the OP to change the title to "Liar causes scene at restaurant".

The gal in the story will be liable for tens, if not hundreds of thousands in damages,... no need for Detroit Yes to pile on and compound the error.

The story had about a tenth of 1% chance of being true. People don't just stand up, yell the N word and throw food in a nice restaurant for no reason, despite what the Al Sharptons of the world are desperate for us to believe.

^^^ I wonder what would qualify as a good 'reason' to do so......?

I find racism is more often subtle and oblique as folks do phony polite usually as a reaction to being told what to do and how to behave.

When you have racism as your head-set it has to be addressed from within.

Secular laws too often make the die-hard racists go underground with their stuff.

We need the rule of law push back upon those who want to turn the clocks back!
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-28-19 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    The story had about a tenth of 1% chance of being true. People don't just stand up, yell the N word and throw food in a nice restaurant for no reason, despite what the Al Sharptons of the world are desperate for us to believe.
    Uhhhh wait. There were two separate stories. The OP post was about the woman's story which turned out to be false. Ok, whatever.

Then there was another story of Jerrick Jefferson, which wasn't talked about in the article linked in Posts #69 and #78. This story did include thrown food and the n-word being thrown against a black gentleman while the restaurant basically did nothing. "I'm walking away," says the manager. So yes, the n-word is still spewed around despite what the Bigdds of the world would have us believe.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...ew-food-at-him

^^^ Yep, it's a big mess.

I'd err on not going to to JA's at this point.

So they've lost a potential customer.

It is still all being based on he said she said,even after countless cases have come up recently of false flags but yet people have already passed judgment and made up thier minds.

We are back to the witch burning days and the hanging days where people were judged based on simply what somebody said,are we not supposed to be above all of that?

People have posted that it has been a mixed clientele base,as long as they have been in buisness,if it was as explained,would not past customers have figured it out and just stopped going long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Uhhhh wait. There were two separate stories. The OP post was about the woman's story which turned out to be false. Ok, whatever.
    Uh,.. "Whatever"? You say it like it's not a huge deal. People lying and claiming racism so as to damage anther's reputation and hopefully make a lot of money in a lawsuit is not a minor thing.

Then there was another story of Jerrick Jefferson, which wasn't talked about in the article linked in Posts #69 and #78. This story did include thrown food and the n-word being thrown against a black gentleman while the restaurant basically did nothing. "I'm walking away," says the manager. So yes, the n-word is still spewed around despite what the Bigdds of the world would have us believe.
    What I said was;

"People don't just stand up, yell the N word and throw food in a nice restaurant for no reason....."

If you had understood my king's Englishh,.. you would have comprehended that what I was saying is that people don't jump up, call someone the N-word, throw food and ruin their own evening for no reason. Something fairly major must have precipitated this. IF it even happened that way, and we only have one person's claim that the N-word was used, as as we repeatedly see,.. the stories are often false. [[And no,.. I'm not saying I have proof it didn't happen that way,.. but I have seen enough of these stories to know it's wise to withhold judgement)

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/man-says-j-alexander-s-offered-no-help-as-customer-used-racial-slurs-threw-food-at-him
    Last edited by Bigdd; June-28-19 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It is still all being based on he said she said,even after countless cases have come up recently of false flags but yet people have already passed judgment and made up thier minds.

We are back to the witch burning days and the hanging days where people were judged based on simply what somebody said,are we not supposed to be above all of that?
    Well in the gentleman's case there were plenty of witnesses that gave statements to police, so not sure you can call that a "he said/she said".

IF it even happened that way
    When white people try to explain away racism.

Never mind the [white] witnesses that corroborated the gentleman's story.

Something fairly major must have precipitated this.
    Yes, the historical animosity of the black and Chaldean populations in the Detroit area compounded by the fact Chaldeans overwhelmingly supported 45 and ever since then some renegade members of society have felt lax enough to spew around their hatred as in this case. Luckily some good citizens gave their reports to police and sided with Mr. Jefferson.

I really hate to bring up 45, but sorry not sorry.

Well in the gentleman's case there were plenty of witnesses that gave statements to police, so not sure you can call that a "he said/she said".
    The police would not release that information during an ongoing investigation or show written statements to the public.

So we are back to he said she said.

For instance.

You called me a cracker,no you did not but I said you did,so now you are racist,I get all the other crackers in the box to fire up twitter and contact your employer and boycott them because they hired a employee that is racist against crackers and you need to be fired.

It is now on the Internet that you are racist against crackers,effecting you ability to get a job,rent an apartment as you now have a forever label.

I posted a link where a leader of the naacp AND a pastor scripted a traffic stop conversation that was proven wrong by the video,that is dangerous and could have started riots and caused injury and property damage over a blatant lie.

I do not know the reasoning behind it all but it is dangerous territory when we can point and crucify based strictly on he said she said.

Cases in India where somebody posted a picture of a potential child kidnapping,the public found a guy that looked similar and beat him to death,the original picture posted was a prank and there was never an attempt of kidnapping.

Yes that stuff happened in the slavery days,all it took was a finger pointed and there was a hanging.Do we really want to go back to those days? And would you like to be that guy or gal that the finger is pointed at?

You went down the road of 45 but did he embolden Jussie to make up his can of lies or the NAACP leader,or the college and staff who are all on the hook for the 44 mil.

Or are some emboldened based on 15 minutes or monetary reasons,or it’s cool to get away with it.

Jussie is on camera placing the hangman’s noose around his own neck,that was funny to him and he gets a pass but let’s remove anything else in history that pertains to that time in history.

Millions of African Americans or should be fellow Americans,get up everyday and send thier children off to school then go to work or open Thier buisness,are in the military ready to give thier life for this country they actually even buy houses and cars and receive bank loans and invest in thier community,I know it is shocking to hear because there seems to be a push to make everybody believe that it is still 1865.

Sure there is and always will be racists,but sometimes one has to wonder who really is pushing the agenda and for what reason.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-19 at 11:54 AM.

FYI... since 1952... it has been the "Queen's English"... those older 3 Stooges episodes mention her father on the throne [[1936-52) by calling it the "King's English".

Also you never know when the "N" word rears its' ugly head....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n3cGVhyKOw
    Last edited by Gistok; June-28-19 at 12:00 PM.

^ the urban Dictionary has several definitions.

I hear it quite regular being used,I think it is racist that I cannot say it but if it is such an appalling word why is it a part of the common language in the hood and in music?

I went to the Home Depot the other day with a couple of customers and they called me a Orel cookie because I was the white one in the middle,I think I need some therapy now.

Let's be careful, everyone. It's way too easy to arrive at the wrong conclusion based on incomplete information, wrong information, and lies— like we so often get from careless media outlets, propagandists, demagogues, social media, friends, family, and other unreliable sources. There is waay too much of that!

That said, let's spend our money carefully, with the businesses who deserve our support. Every dollar we spend is another chance to vote.

We can't be sure there is a problem of racism at this restaurant from what we know today unless we witnessed it ourselves. Yet given the choice of many other options, I'd choose not to spend my money there while this cloud hangs over their heads. If the allegations prove false I'd plan a party there to make amends.

For almost all of us the situation as of yet is fraught with uncertainty. But one thing for sure: racism is still a huge problem we must address. And it's complicated. It is imperative we filter out the noise and address it with open minds and level heads.
    Last edited by bust; June-28-19 at 03:03 PM.

Outrage = clicks, eyeballs on ads, outrage sells, i'd rather look at pretty

sunsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Outrage = clicks, eyeballs on ads, outrage sells, i'd rather look at pretty

sunsets.
    Bravo. Well said.

The media makes their money on division and outrage. [[Often having to help cause it).

The wet dream of any media type is if they can get some group to riot,.. perhaps burn down their own city, fire bomb the cell phone store, loot the party stores and attack the police. Ratings go off the charts for a week. It's their version of winning the Power Ball.

The less "news" you watch, the happier you will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Outrage = clicks, eyeballs on ads, outrage sells, i'd rather look at pretty sunsets.
    There you go. Enjoy...

Name:  sunset.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  61.9 KB

Last edited by Maof; June-30-19 at 08:17 AM.

This is the latest version of racism. I call it the Jussie syndrome.

Looks more like a MAD TV Skit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFiTvZyHNI
    Last edited by Gistok; June-30-19 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Not on you,but her posting of tiny segments like that without showing the full context is like telling everybody else they are a bunch of morons.

People are a lot wiser then that and do not like to be manipulated.

But we are discussing or referring to 2 different instances,the most being discussed is the one where the claim is being made where she is asked to give up her seat for the two crackers.

Platforms like twitter and instagram draw the attention of less then 5% of the country,most of what I see coming out of both of those is a offshoot of reality TV or a large drama club.

The buisness has more at stake and stands to lose the most in this and I am sure it is in thier best interests to clear the air.

I live in the hood and no way I am going into Chucky Cheese,Red Lobster or any other eat in establishment,the outcomes are well established on YouTube,some people just do not know how to act in public and repetitive bad experiences have a habit of throttling ones buisness.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast