Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old Western Market "will be re-born"

Noticed that on Michigan Ave and 18th, there's a new poster that reads "Resurrected from its ashes, Old Western Market soon will be re-born." It also says at the bottom, "Old Western market LLC". Is this real or is it another Corktown hoax similar to the Trader Joes sign on the CPA Bldg?

Quote Originally Posted by BMoo View Post
    Noticed that on Michigan Ave and 18th, there's a new poster that reads "Resurrected from its ashes, Old Western Market soon will be re-born." It also says at the bottom, "Old Western market LLC". Is this real or is it another Corktown hoax similar to the Trader Joes sign on the CPA Bldg?
    "Resurrected from its ashes..." does not make any sense. Western Market did not burn. It was removed to make way for the I-75 & I-96 interchange in the mid '60s.

https://cofs.lara.state.mi.us/CorpWe...&SEARCH_TYPE=1
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; June-25-19 at 05:40 AM.

"You can raise a lot of fun, in Detroit at Western Market".

Quote Originally Posted by BMoo View Post
    It's definitely a real LLC that was created in April, 2019. From LARA's website:

Resident Agent Name: CATHY SCHNEIDER
    Street Address: 2572 MICHIGAN AVENUE
    Apt/Suite/Other:
    City: DETROIT State: MI Zip Code: 48216
    Registered Office Mailing address:
    P.O. Box or Street Address: 2572 MICHIGAN AVENUE
    Apt/Suite/Other: #3A
    City: DETROIT State: MI Zip Code: 48216

I hope it's a mixed-use space with Farm to Table restaurants and Food Trucks. Oh, and it's walkable and has lofts on top of it.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-25-19 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    "Resurrected from its ashes..." does not make any sense. Western Market did not burn. It was removed to make way for the I-75 & I-96 interchange in the mid '60s.
    I assumed it was meant more as a play on the city motto.

Ah, me. First beat assignment I had in 1959 when I came on the DPD was the Western Market on midnights. I thought, boy, this will be a dead bummer. Well, it was for the first two hours, but around 2 a.m. the first of the farmers and / or store owners showed up, and by 3 a.m., the darn place was humming. Took an immediate liking to the place, even if I spent too darn many hours in the back alleys checking back doors. Thanks for the memories!

Meh. Wake me up when the Chene/Ferry St Market is revived :P

https://goo.gl/maps/TsbVAScYdzRjdJwf9

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Meh. Wake me up when the Chene/Ferry St Market is revived :P

https://goo.gl/maps/TsbVAScYdzRjdJwf9
    Damn right, I want to buy a live duck, bleed it, and make some czarnina like my grandmother [[Palmer west of Chene) said used to happen bitd!