Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anybody Go to New Location for RiverDays; How was it?

Anybody go to the new location for RiverDays? How was the set up? Anybody find out why it was moved this year? Doesn't construction on the new park at that location start next year thereby causing it to move again or end. What's the story?

I did not go this year, but I heard the food truck lineup was wildly successful and drew tons of people on its own.

When the "Ethnic Festivals" first started in the mid 70's, that's where they were located until they moved them to Hart Plaza. Everything old is new again...

What idiot blockaded the west Jefferson exit ramp inside the tunnel without any warning or sign posted where you first got on the Lodge from east Jefferson? I was almost hit by another car with its lights off trying to suddenly merge into the lodge

^^^ That west Jefferson exit is a mess when it IS open........!

Where did they move it to?

On the riverfront across from the main post office by W. Riverfront park. There's a big lot there where they could put the food trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Where did they move it to?

^^^ Oh yes, I have seen that area reserved for big private events as well. Nice!

It was too far for me, I was actually downtown that weekend and DIDN'T go because of the new location.