Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Belle Isle's Conservatory Reopens after Renovation

One of my favorite places in the winter. Sometimes you just need to sit on a bench in some humidity next to plants in January.

Hope this ties you over until January...

Name:  WP_20190620_12_39_51_Pro [[3).jpg
Views: 452
Size:  296.0 KB

Name:  WP_20190620_12_34_15_Pro [[2).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  273.6 KB

Name:  WP_20190620_12_33_52_Pro.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  263.9 KB

Great news! I always loved the conservatory - and aquarium. I always thought they should expand out the aquarium toward Inselruhe and combine the conservatory and aquarium. It's already pretty much one big complex. Cleveland did something kinda like this when they expanded their conservatory.

I hear that, especially like around mid February when it seems it'll never end!

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    One of my favorite places in the winter. Sometimes you just need to sit on a bench in some humidity next to plants in January.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-19 at 08:51 PM.

.... and it has to be a sunny cold day outside... having the light streaming thru the greenhouse windows adds to the experience....

Actually we have a family tradition... where every year for over 20 years on Good Friday we went to lunch at New Parthenon [[with the OOPA with the Saganaki flaming cheese), bought Egg Bread for Easter consumption at Astoria's bakery next door... and then went to Belle Isle Conservatory for a photo op with the family. This year it all fell apart... with all 3 closed... 2 of them permanently. So now we have to find new venues [[but we have the conservatory back).
    Last edited by Gistok; June-21-19 at 01:28 AM.