Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Apartments

Default Apartments

Hi alll, I’m looking for an apartment to move into by the end of July. I’m interested in East Village, West Village, Indian Village, Midtown, Corktown, Boston Edison, or the North End. I’d like to stay at $650 or less. Thank you for your help.

You may be able to get a room for rent in those areas at that price, but a full apartment seems very unlikely.

When I lived in Detroit I lived in Midtown, West Village, and Indian Village. You might be able to rent a studio apt. or a room in someone's house in West Village or Midtown. In Indian Village you might be able to rent a carriage house or the servants quarters above a garage. At $650 you might want to look into low-income housing if you qualify. You could also consider sharing a two bedroom in those areas for about $650 per person. I don't know much about East Village, North End, or Boston-Edison rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    You may be able to get a room for rent in those areas at that price, but a full apartment seems very unlikely.
    I see apartments at that price in some of those areas now. But they are pretty scarce.

Or try a two-family flat... there are areas that have those side by side or upper and lower.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/a...885873924.html

Not my listing. Between Boson Edison and New Center.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDapperMaleDetroit View Post
    Hi alll, I’m looking for an apartment to move into by the end of July. I’m interested in East Village, West Village, Indian Village, Midtown, Corktown, Boston Edison, or the North End. I’d like to stay at $650 or less. Thank you for your help.

www.apartments.com