Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I haven't seen a lot\any of movement on the HQ.
    Ask and you shall receive:
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...ng/1512743001/

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    They might run into difficulties using Chemical Bank nationally, if Chase still maintains the Chemical Bank [[of New York) trademark.
    From my understanding, that trademark was officially abandoned in the late '90s.

Downtown Detroit has a respectable financial services industry with TCF/Chem, remnants of Comerica, Ally Financial and Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage. Perhaps there are other smaller players that I am not aware of

Don't forget Fifth Third moving it's regional HQ Downtown from Southfield and prominently displaying their name on One Woodward. Or UBS opening their first office Downtown in April.

The views from the upper floors of that building [[over the Fyfe Building) looking towards lower Woodward will be spectacular. We just don't know what the side facing GCP will look like.

TCF was my first savings account back in the seventies,I managed to cram enough in there from mowing lawns and shoveling snow so I could pay $40 for my first car.

When I had a checking account you did not have to show ID to cash a check,my niece was a cute baby model with thier holiday promotions.

I do not know about up there but down here it is hard to find a bank that has not been bought and sold and changed names twenty times in the last 10 years,TCF is a solid institution that has proven itself for a long time,I hope they do well for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    That's what, the 4th new rendering we've seen? The parking portion does not look great; almost like it failed to render

Yeah... the look of the parking portion sucks. Too bad they couldn't have purchased part of the [[former Adams Theatre site pounded to rubble by the Ilitch's) parking lot behind the building and kept a shallow office block facing Woodward on the lower, as well as upper floors.

Nothing says prime Main Street location like views from a parking structure. My bad, I forgot the Ilitch's have outdone them with parking LOTS facing Woodward.

They haven't shown us the side of the building facing Grand Circus Park [[with the 14 story Fyfe Building in front). I hope they don't choose a design that F's up the nice view of the stately buildings along the west side of Woodward looking up from Campus Martius...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153327...978883/sizes/l

The TCF HQ will be prominently seen from Campus Martius [[the Little Caesar's HQ will not). I hope they choose their architecture for that side wisely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2