Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    The take away?
    "People will accept anything as true if it confirms their beliefs—regardless of whether a video, image or narrative has obviously been manipulated."

A massaged quote if there ever was one...
    And this is why we have a buffoon for a president.

Biden just does not have the stamina per his age, in HIS case. This does not make him a bad person, one 76 yo may be more hale than another, one more mentally agile than the other.

Tulsi, IMO was a good candidate but she's now in the cornfield. Well their's always Sanders....... ugh.

Elizabeth Warren? Yeah right. Most women can/ will see what that is and will vote accordingly. I wonder if the DMC has a ram in the bush yet to push forward at the end beyond this batch?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maof, is that you?
    https://giphy.com/gifs/studiosorigin...Idq/fullscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I'm not talking about obviously fake pictures, I am talking about the word salad that comes out of Biden's mouth at live events. Something is wrong and he needs to drop out.
    Tell 'em what you think...

https://democrats.org/contact-us/

^^^ Perhaps his wife will ask Biden to step down. I don't think it would be the end of the world for him to do so.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-15-19 at 09:11 AM.

I'm not talking about obviously fake pictures, I am talking about the word salad that comes out of Biden's mouth at live events. Something is wrong and he needs to drop out.
    Do you ever watch Pelosi speak,it’s like there is a gap in between her mind and lips.

There seems to be a level of unstableness within the females of the party,what would happen if there is a crisis in the White House,would they be able to lead sans the emotions?

Just like Beto and his emotional,we will confiscate your guns,people actually applauded forgoing the constitution based on emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Tell 'em what you think...

https://democrats.org/contact-us/
    Tell them anything negative and it probably puts one in a list for a re-education camp should some of those take power.

To be entirely fair, Trump does the same word salad thing. The difference is Trump has some charisma attached to the nonsense he spouts. Biden is about as charismatic as a head of iceberg lettuce.

Trump has charisma? Did he develop it this morning and I missed his tweet about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    To be entirely fair, Trump does the same word salad thing. The difference is Trump has some charisma attached to the nonsense he spouts. Biden is about as charismatic as a head of iceberg lettuce.

Good deal. You're too old for piercings anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Trump has charisma? Did he develop it this morning and I missed his tweet about it?
    Ever see one of his rallies? People loose their mind.

Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they can't be charismatic. I wasn't particularly fond of Bill Clinton but man he could work a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Do you ever watch Pelosi speak,it’s like there is a gap in between her mind and lips.

There seems to be a level of unstableness within the females of the party,what would happen if there is a crisis in the White House,would they be able to lead sans the emotions?
    Since you're stereotyping/generalizing, in general women have greater emotional intelligence, or EQ, than men.

It makes us--again in general--better at communicating, resolving conflict, working with others, and especially reading people and picking up on and understanding subtle nonverbal clues from those with low emotional intelligence [[otherwise known as men).

I don't expect you to grasp this, but I believe emotionally intelligent successful women leaders have a significant advantage over their male counterparts:

Linear evidence based decision making that's free of emotion, isn't hard. Compartmentalizing isn't hard. Any woman who has distinguished herself within parameters defined by men, has learned how to do it. It's just a matter of discipline.

On the other hand, empathy, the ability to relate to people, to intuitively understand etc., cannot be learned.

Here's a thought: maybe our country would benefit from a leader who's actually capable of feelings beyond his own self interest.

Just like Beto and his emotional,we will confiscate your guns,people actually applauded forgoing the constitution based on emotions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

"There seems to be a level of unstableness within the females of the party,what would happen if there is a crisis in the White House,would they be able to lead sans the emotions?"

Wow, what a dumb statement. This is a whole new low for you Richard

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Ever see one of his rallies? People loose their mind.

Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they can't be charismatic. I wasn't particularly fond of Bill Clinton but man he could work a crowd.
    Those people had already lost their minds; that doesn't mean that Trump has charisma. I find him repugnant; that doesn't denote charisma to me. I can barely stand the sound of his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    "There seems to be a level of unstableness within the females of the party,what would happen if there is a crisis in the White House,would they be able to lead sans the emotions?"

Wow, what a dumb statement. This is a whole new low for you Richard
    It just shows what we've known right along and what I have said before, he's a misogynist

It just shows what we've known right along and what I have said before, he's a misogynist
    you got that right. oh but wait, there's more to come

Those people had already lost their minds;
    Indeed they have....lol

Those people had already lost their minds; that doesn't mean that Trump has charisma. I find him repugnant; that doesn't denote charisma to me. I can barely stand the sound of his voice.
    Sure, that's understandable. It's easy to dismiss him - the people who like him are idiots. The people who voted for him were scammed by Russia. He says stupid things that make no sense. He's going around to weird places in the middle of nowhere and doing dumb rallies. Pfft.

That's exactly what the democrats thought during the last election, and he won. He's not stupid. He knows how to work the media and his base. The next democrat who thinks otherwise, throws their campaign into neutral and hangs out in New York and California for most of the election cycle is going to loose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Since you're stereotyping/generalizing, in general women have greater emotional intelligence, or EQ, than men.

It makes us--again in general--better at communicating, resolving conflict, working with others, and especially reading people and picking up on and understanding subtle nonverbal clues from those with low emotional intelligence [[otherwise known as men).

I don't expect you to grasp this, but I believe emotionally intelligent successful women leaders have a significant advantage over their male counterparts:

Linear evidence based decision making that's free of emotion, isn't hard. Compartmentalizing isn't hard. Any woman who has distinguished herself within parameters defined by men, has learned how to do it. It's just a matter of discipline.

On the other hand, empathy, the ability to relate to people, to intuitively understand etc., cannot be learned.

Here's a thought: maybe our country would benefit from a leader who's actually capable of feelings beyond his own self interest.

I am so doing a face palm and rolling my eyes.
    It's kinda funny though.;-)

Such a blatant display of misandry. ;-)

Getting back to Biden, he still sucks.

Asked About Race, Biden Rambles About "Record Players" & "Words"
    https://youtu.be/8iQuvb8yue4

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Perhaps his wife will ask Biden to step down.
    I don't think it would be the end of the world for him to do so.

No, his wife wants us to vote for him. She was campaigning for him recently and pushing the "electability" myth.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/19/polit...ump/index.html

Shelby, I agree with your comment, "in general women have greater emotional intelligence, or EQ, than men" In your opinion, do you also think men have a greater intelligence of some other type?

Not every woman leader was a Mother Teresa. However, European Queens Waged more War than Kings especially married queens. Indira Gandhi, Golda Mier, and Margaret Thatcher were all involved in wars. Hillary was threatening that she was going to shoot Russian planes down over Syria if she became president. Hillary was John McCain in pantsuits. Shiver the thought. One theory is that male rulers think that women are weak or don't like women telling what to do. The flip side of that is that women leaders have to prove something. This history of European queens showed they were 27% more likely to be in a war than kings.

I'm for Tulsi Gabbard but it has nothing to do with believing she has greater EQ. It's more to do with her having integrity, not being too old, being pro-American, and having some moderate policies to bring this country together. Other Democratic candidates don't make that cut.

You forgot racist,homophobic and deplorable.Dr Phil step aside.

What one knows and what one thinks they know are two different things.

There is a stark difference between level of composure in those candidates,why do they need to turn on the dramatic pandering tears?

It is a disservice to the women that are CEOs and positions of power,policies should not be made based on an emotional basis.

It was overpowering emotions that compelled Harris to jail thousands in California for small amounts of marijuana or other non violent crimes that few other states would have.

What is her response when asked about it?Sorry, maybe that was not the best way to go,little consolation to those sitting in jail.

It has nothing to do with being a misogynist,it is about leadership abilities.

If you watch Biden in the debates,he does maintain an even keel,most of his expressions in responding to other candidates are based on,been there done that,they are up there writing checks that they know themselves that they will not be able to cash and for dramatic effect,let turn on some tears,do it looks like we actually care and can relate to our target audience.

Is that how they would handle Korea? Turning on the tears,please little man do not nuke us,my cat would get hurt and everybody likes cats.

Does it show good leadership qualities when one runs around yelling,children are drinking from toilets in order to play the emotions card or check and see if they actually are in the first place.

Why did the candidate use a prop box to stand on?Because he wanted to appear taller and public perception is shorter people are weaker,otherwise he would not have felt the need to to use the box.

Does that translate into he is racist against short people?
    Last edited by Richard; September-16-19 at 09:20 AM.

Not wading into the deep waters here, but enthused that you note the differences between men and women in comments. Increasingly, the whole gender/ sex thing; denying such, has become incoherent in the denial. Treading upon itself in justification of gender equality at all costs. Demanding that there's no difference between the sexes [[genders) - especially flowing from the academe.

Made even more curious when obvious differences and protections
    are ADVANCED one gender over another [[once more) when it is expedient and politically correct to do so! The gender fluidity social construct is still relatively new; recently cannonized as the new progressive intelligence and orthodoxy.

Viva la difference! Let male and female strengths compliment one another towards advancing the best culture possible.

Last edited by Zacha341; September-16-19 at 11:30 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast