Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kresge Mansion Going on Sale [[Boston Edison)

She’s a beauty. I was actually looking at buying this place back in around 2012 for <$200k. I would say it’s worth close to $1M now if not more. Well done to the owners who have brought it back to life.

Current asking price is way more than 1 mil.

Where: 70 W. Boston Blvd., DetroitHow much: $3.25 millionBedrooms: 14Baths: 6 full, 3 half in the main house, plus 4 bedrooms and two full baths in the carriage houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Current asking price is way more than 1 mil.
    Missed it. I stand corrected. $3.25M would likely set a record that is currently being tested by the Book Cadillac Penthouse for $4.9M. They are of course two completely different residents seeking different clientele. Good luck to the seller and I really hope a buyer is found that appreciates the style, quality, history and location.

Went to some memorable Halloween parties there.

What's the monthly heating bill? I know - if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

^^^ Two furnaces worth [[big furnaces mind you). Extra large water heater. The works. Got's to be near $550+ a month even if you're doing that 68-degrees-no-matter-how-cold thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Two furnaces worth [[big furnaces mind you). Extra large water heater. The works. Got's to be near $550+ a month even if you're doing that 68-degrees-no-matter-how-cold thing.
    I was heating about 3400' coming from DTE years ago. I had some bills not far away from $550- a month back then.

OMG.... this 'estate' takes up half of an entire block! In fact it takes up a block of Woodward frontage, right across the street from Detroit's Catholic Cathedral... Blessed Sacrament.

30,000 bulbs planted... wow!! And hundreds of mature Hosta's!! They cost up to $200 each at area nurseries...

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3888.../data=!3m1!1e3

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    What's the monthly heating bill? I know - if you have to ask, you can't afford it.
    On a 10,000 sqft monthly expenses roughly 9,500 a month,that one is 20,000 sqft.

In Fla a vintage house with a/c and pool,maintenance,taxes etc. 6000 sqft runs close to $10k a month.

Downton Abby is around 1.2 million a year.

That much sqft and you are not doing the cleaning,cooking,mowing the grass or shoveling your own snow etc.

So then you have to add salaries on top of the average monthly,or marry 5 or 6 wives.

That house at 3.25 comparatively elsewhere is a good deal.Its the monthlies That also have to be considered.
    Last edited by Richard; June-09-19 at 09:52 PM.

hmm. best of luck to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Zacha, I think you're a little optimistic. From December through February, $550 would run the boiler[[s) in that house for about a week, maybe a couple of days more. If you want to keep the place at 72 degrees, add another 33% to the bill. Coal was cheap when that place was built. Cost-wise it was no big deal to keep the boilers roaring. It's a bit different nowadays.