Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old Farmers Market Re-opening? Livernois and Fenkell

While driving down Livernois the other day, I noticed that the old abandoned and weed-covered farmer's market, behind the NE corner of Fenkell and Livernois, looked cleaned up and the shelter painted. I swung in and took this picture. Sure enough, it had been painted black and the lot scraped clean of weeds and swept up. Does anyone know what is up? Also what is the name of this market? I recall it discussed on the old board but forgot the details.
    Attachment 2922

Its called Windmill Market. I have not been there but the neighboring communities have all been told about it by email. Below is a link.

http://www.farmersmarketonline.com/f...illMarket.html

UDM was involved through the University Commons Group.

Great. Markets are great for a community.

University Commons
    http://universitycommonsdetroit.org/

Awesome...great to see something opening that'll benefit people in residential areas.

My family owns a business in that area. I also own property in that neighborhood with the intent to open a business there within a year. I remember fondly when that area was thriving and I would love to see it come back. There are still a lot of good people in that neighborhood that would love a decent store, a dry cleaners, a restaurant etc, A CLEAN gas station. There has been new construction though... We got that absolutely beautiful, well thought out and infinitely useful median on Livernois! Once people find out about it they will be flocking to that area in droves!