Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Best wishes to you Mr. Gilbert, and hopes for a full and fast recovery. We are rooting for you!

Get well soon Mr. Gilbert. We thank you for your tremendous impact on the city of Detroit!

Hey Dan. Get well soon and best wishes. Thank you for your commitment to bettering Detroit! Huge props!!!

Hope you feel better soon, Dan. Thank you for your vision in Detroit.

Get well soon, Dan! Prayers to a speedy recovery. I look forward to the Book Building/Tower restoration being done. I consider that your crowning restorative achievement!

Best wishes and get well soon. Can't thank you enough for what you have done for this city.

Thanks Mr. Gilbert for having the fortitude to invest in one of America's greatest cities. You have changed the course of Michigan history, in a positive way!

Get well soon Mr. G!

Mr. Gilbert, I hope you make a full recovery. Thanks for all your help on getting this city back on its feet.

Best wishes for a complete recovery, Mr. Gilbert.

Sending out positive energies to you and your family.

Mr. Gilbert, wishing you a speedy recovery. You are so productively aggressive in your approach to improving this city, it's inspiring. I believe that part of your legacy will be that the hard work and talent produced in this region will stay and be productive in this region, instead of going elsewhere. We have a much brighter future because of people like you.

Thank you Mr. Gilbert for all the ways you've made Detroit a better city— big, small, and very big. Wishing you a quick recovery!

Wonderful thank you's and get well wishes! Keep them coming. Thanks too for a nice shout out from our friends at Deadline Detroit.

Please note that following inquiry with the Gilbert Family Foundation donations will be paid out to the Foundation's affiliate NF Forward per the following response.

While the Gilbert Family Foundation [[GFF) is very grateful for this gesture, GFF is a private foundation and is therefore unable to accept outside donations. However, NF Forward [[NFF), the affiliated nonprofit established by Jennifer and Dan Gilbert, funds work alongside GFF and is able to accept contributions of all kinds. NF Forward would certainly welcome these contributions!

Get well soon

Thank you for everything you've done for the City of Detroit, you are a true pioneer. I look forward to many more years of your business leadership and wish you a speedy recovery!

Dan,

Thank you for beliving in Detroit like all of us on this forum. I think it’s easy for some of us here in 2019 to have a different mentality but I remember how it used to be when we were fighting to keep the lights on, when the water department would ask for bribes to change out a meter and when there was such a lack of police support that people would call their landlords first because they answered the phone, I remember—I wish you the best.

Remember quantum physics, it’s all so small and large at the same time. An infinite amount of chaos and order all in one which has a way of interconnting all of us, everything. Please get well I have been critical of new Detroit as some of the soul has went somewhere, and I do miss that, but when I’m logical I realize it is so much brighter and more prosperous for all. My son will not ever know how it felt to live in Detroit when the rest of the world looked at us as a slum. He will never have to be ridiculed when traveling or feeling embarrassed or apprehensive to show his address or ID.

Feel better,

Richard Ban

Good news on the recovery front.

Dan Gilbert has been released from the hospital nearly a month after suffering a stroke, Quicken Loans Inc. confirmed Thursday.

"Yesterday, Dan Gilbert was discharged from the hospital and will now continue focusing on his recovery at an in-patient rehabilitation center," Jay Farner, CEO of Gilbert's Quicken Loans Inc., said in a statement emailed to media Thursday morning.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/news/d...al-moves-rehab

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mr. Gilbert. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for Detroit. Our city is improving every day thanks to your efforts and has become a place to be even prouder of.

A packet was posted today to Dan Gilbert via Kayleigh Roy of NF Forward with:

1. A get well card for Dan Gilbert with individual get well wishes from members of the DetroitYES! forum printed on the back.
    2. A larger copy of the get well wishes.
    3. An appreciation check for $150 made out to NF Forward from donations by some members.

The lead text reads:
    Dear Dan Gilbert,
    Speramus Meliora Resurget Cineribus, “We hope for better things and will rise from the ashes” became the motto of the City of Detroit following the 1805 fire and Detroit went on to become a great city.

We the members of the DetroitYES! forum hope for better things for you and that you will fully recover and carry on with your restoration of Detroit’s greatness.

We send you these heartfelt thank you’s! and get well soon’s! along with a collection we have taken up for NF Forward.

Get well wishes expressed in this thread follow, some being edited for brevity.

Name:  Gilbert Front.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  Gilber-back.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  202.2 KB

Thanks to all who participated in this gesture!

And special thanks to our NF Forward donors mkd, neilr, p1acebo, 401don, Mary R and yours truly.

Nice Work Everyone!

Looks great. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome, definitely thank you for sharing!

Update response. NF acknowledged our donation and, as all things take time in healing and life, this was received today.

Hi Lowell,

I am a member of Dan Gilbert’s team and am assisting with the mail while he is out.

We received your letter and generous donation to NF. I will be sure to pass it along to Dan.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and please extend the thank you to the rest of your team as well!

Isabella Meteer
    Quicken Loans | 1050 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48226

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast