Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    Thank you for digging up his name.

Holy Cross started as St. Francis Hospital in Hamtramck, which is now City Hall.
    Holy Cross on Outer Drive was at least open by September of 1951. St. Francis closed around 1969-70.

Probably the most forgotten of all Detroit hospitals was the old Hurley Hospital on W. Adams facing Grand Circus Park. The hospital name lives on in Flint... but in Detroit it is but a forgotten memory.

Located on what is today that parking lot between the Kales and Fine Arts Building, the brown facade 7 story Hurley Hospital was pulled down circa 1940s.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Actually, Renaissance High School is on the site of the old Detroit Catholic Central High School.
    I don't know where you're getting your information from but old Catholic High School is still standing on Outer Drive, it's now called the Foreign Language Immersion and Cultural Studies School [[K-8). Like I said, Renaissance High is built on the former site of the Sinai Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I don't know where you're getting your information from but old Catholic High School is still standing on Outer Drive, it's now called the Foreign Language Immersion and Cultural Studies School [[K-8). Like I said, Renaissance High is built on the former site of the Sinai Hospital.
    Renaissance High occupied the former Catholic Central building from 1978 until the building on the old Sinai Hospital site was opened in 2005.

Default Kirwood General Hospital

Kirwood General Hospital was originally located on E. Kirby in Detroit and later moved to Davidson St. It was founded by Dr. Guy Saulsberry, a Howard Univ. Medical School graduate in 1943. The hospital closed in the mid 70's.

http://losthospital.com/kirwood-general-hospital/

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    I was born at New Grace Hospital on 7 Mile and Meyers. It was closed and torn down, replaced by a Super Kmart, now Home Depot.
    This was were I was born as well.

North Detroit/Greater Detroit Hospital on Carpenter first closed in the early-mid nineties. I believe it closed in 1992, It did re-open in 1994, the owner at the time was Dr. O. Ganesh, it closed again for good in 2000. In 1999, refugees from Kosovo were housed there. A few years back, vandals got inside and trashed the place scattering medical records inside and outside the building. Here's a related article Sept 02, 2007.Name:  HOSPITAL ARTICLE.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  156.9 KB
    Last edited by Michael Hojnacki; August-13-19 at 07:06 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5