Restoration at Woodward and Baltimore in Detroit
ATWATER PARK COMING ONLINE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94
  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Please note that a new thread Thanks And Get Well Card For Dan Gilbert has been established per the above suggestions of 401don and Honky Tonk.

    On the positive side Crains reports that "Dan Gilbert's team says that although his recovery from a May 26 stroke "will take time," he is joking with hospital staff as that takes place."
    Thank you for setting this up Lowell.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    sounds like he's verbal to me. sorry haters. you lose again.
    Who is hating? I hope this isn't directed to me, although in general I don't think anyone was "hating" on this thread. It still remains that Dan suffered more than a minor stroke (Which I think was the point that was made), and still likely has a long road to complete recovery. I am definitely glad to hear he is making progress.

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Who is hating? I hope this isn't directed to me, although in general I don't think anyone was "hating" on this thread. It still remains that Dan suffered more than a minor stroke (Which I think was the point that was made), and still likely has a long road to complete recovery. I am definitely glad to hear he is making progress.
    Yeah, probably you... but not because you said anything wrong... just because you called him out for his lack of medical knowledge (he ain't no doctor). He has a hissy almost everywhere he posts if someone disagrees with him.
    Last edited by Gistok; June-07-19 at 02:43 AM.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Who is hating? I hope this isn't directed to me, although in general I don't think anyone was "hating" on this thread. It still remains that Dan suffered more than a minor stroke (Which I think was the point that was made), and still likely has a long road to complete recovery. I am definitely glad to hear he is making progress.

    "IF" it is directed @ you, don't let it rattle you. It's just a diversion tactic to draw attention from ones own inadequacies by trying to turn it into a "hate Gilbert" thing.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Who is hating?
    No not you. our Atlantean friends mostly.

  6. #56

    Default

    Almost 300 views of the Get Well Thread but only 6 people have taken 2 minutes to send get well wishes? I expected more from DYes members. Reminder: You don't have to donate to send a message. I imagine Dan Gilbert is familiar with this website so let's do a little better.

  7. #57

    Default

    Well Dan Gilbert will likely be out of commission for some time... it was a serious stroke. Thanks P1acebo for you sharing your knowledge of these things.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Almost 300 views of the Get Well Thread but only 6 people have taken 2 minutes to send get well wishes? I expected more from DYes members. Reminder: You don't have to donate to send a message. I imagine Dan Gilbert is familiar with this website so let's do a little better.

    Yeah, no shit. How disappointing...

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well Dan Gilbert will likely be out of commission for some time... it was a serious stroke. Thanks P1acebo for you sharing your knowledge of these things.
    Of course! I think it is important to stop the spread of misinformation and provide insight if one can. I also enjoy being part of this community and learning from what others have provided in the past.

  10. #60

    Default

    Dan Gilbert leaving hospital for intensive rehab.... code words for he's going into a nursing rehab center to likely get physical/occupational therapy. This stroke was serious... and his road to recovery will likely take a while.

    https://www.freep.com/story/money/20...csp=chromepush

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Now that it’s apparent that Gilbert unfortunately suffered a pretty serious stroke, isn’t it time to discuss the 800 lb gorilla in the room? https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...le/1249356001/

    Thoughts on what is ahead?

  12. #62

    Default

    I don't think it's that big of a deal in that it wasn't Gilbert making every last decision. He built a great team if individuals that were good at what they do and could help realize his goals and I don think anyone is thinking Detroit is out of the clearing yet either.
    Also Nolan Finley is a hack...

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal in that it wasn't Gilbert making every last decision. He built a great team if individuals that were good at what they do and could help realize his goals and I don think anyone is thinking Detroit is out of the clearing yet either.
    Also Nolan Finley is a hack...
    I think the article is fair and states the obvious. While Gilbert's illness should have little impact on major projects well under way, it will have tremendous impact, particularly as he moves further into the neighborhoods, if he's unable to resume full-time duties in the future.
    It's unusual to have a company the size of Quicken, along with Bedrock, to be privately held. Add in another 80 plus companies and to say there's a lot on his plate is an understatement.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Why are you unearthing a month old article that was already discussed to death?

    Gilbert will make a full recovery as do most stroke victims who get immediate treatment. he was at the hospital before it even happened.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Why are you unearthing a month old article that was already discussed to death?

    Gilbert will make a full recovery as do most stroke victims who get immediate treatment. he was at the hospital before it even happened.
    Are you feeling a little guilty over some of your comments earlier in this thread that presumed you have medical knowledge (copy/pasting from Reddit is not medical knowledge)...

    Haven't you paid attention to some other 5-10 year old threads that were resurrected in the last week?

    I reposted on this thread (sheesh.. as though an 11 day posting gap is anywhere near "unearthing") because Gilbert is in much more serious condition than you initially claimed (and seem to still presume)... and the thread is evolving into a serious discussion about what if he were no longer with us, which would be devastating for Detroit.

    So stop telling others what they should or should not do....
    Last edited by Gistok; June-21-19 at 04:28 PM.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Why would I feel guilty about anything? Everybody speculated based on the scant amount of information. You still don't really know shit and continue to speculate.

    It's common knowledge that the result of stroke care depends mostly on if acted on quickly enough, don't need a medical degree to know this. We also know for a fact he got immediate attention.

    A serious discussion about pure fantasy. Which is completely off topic for this thread anyway. Instead you can bug off.
    Last edited by Worldsgreatest; June-21-19 at 04:26 PM.

  17. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Why would I feel guilty about anything? Everybody speculated based on the scant amount of information. You still don't really know shit and continue to speculate.

    It's common knowledge that the result of stroke care depends mostly on if acted on quickly enough, don't need a medical degree to know this. We also know for a fact he got immediate attention.

    A serious discussion about pure fantasy. Which is completely off topic for this thread anyway. Instead you can bug off.
    The only fantasy here is that you think you can guide discussions on DYES forums. I've been on this forum for 20 years... many have tried to manipulate discussions... all have failed...

  18. #68

    Default

    Like old folks always say, some day you'll understand.
    Like youngsters always until then, waah waaah waaah FU!

    (Only those without a good upbringing include the FU.)
    Last edited by bust; June-21-19 at 06:13 PM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The only fantasy here is that you think you can guide discussions on DYES forums. I've been on this forum for 20 years... many have tried to manipulate discussions... all have failed...
    What does this have to do with anything I said? What a lame response.

    Gilbert's a multi billionaire with access to the best healthcare humanity has to offer and was receiving care before anything happened. He's cracking jokes in the hospital... he's fine folks.

    But the real question is when is Patterson dying and how much better will we be without him? Eagerly anticipating his death announcement hopefully next month.
    Last edited by Worldsgreatest; June-21-19 at 06:12 PM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Some great news here

    Tom Withers @twithersAP
    #Cavs general manager Koby Altman said he spoke with owner Dan Gilbert today. Saw him for the first time since stroke and said his "mind is still intact and he still sounded like Dan."
    “For the first time in a couple weeks I was able to talk to him,” Altman said. “He looks great, he’s doing really well. We got to talk to him about our vision and plan, none of which has changed much. That was really, really positive and exciting, sort of gave us more of a jolt of energy and goodwill.”
    https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/06/...-since-stroke/

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    <snip>

    But the real question is when is Patterson dying and how much better will we be without him? Eagerly anticipating his death announcement hopefully next month.
    Pure class..... KARMA.

  22. #72

    Default

    ^^^ Yes, an ugly, classless comment. Especially considering how no one gets out of life alive. Politics aside...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-23-19 at 09:18 AM.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Pure class..... KARMA.
    Karma? I'm not dying of panc cancer.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yes, an ugly, classless comment. Especially considering how one gets out of life alive. Politics aside...
    Save it. I'm sick of old timers acting all shook over the relishing of brooksy's just deserts. clutch your pearls somewhere else. He's only dying painfully due to his own stubborn bigoted ways and still refuses to resign despite being more than half dead.

  25. #75

    Default

    ^^^ Hey, you've got it really twisted if you think I'm a Patterson fan.

    I don't even live in Oakland county, nor an 'old timer', nor clutching, but what good does it do to count the days down to his painful death?

    What does it do for you personally? A great deal, apparently.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-23-19 at 08:34 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.