Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
Possibility: POTENTIAL Safety CITATION

Its unfair to assume that any CITATION written really means there's a safety problem. It just means an inspector found something that wasn't 100% to the book. Inspectors often don't care so much about actual safety -- but are rewarded for finding something they can CITE as a violation of the rules. I always hear that this or that plant had a dozen safety violations as argument that they were an unsafe workplace. Violations don't mean that.

I've dealt with OSHA. Once they decide to inspect a job site, you will probably get a violation. There are so many rules, that complete compliance is an impossibility. So inspectors easily find something. Sometimes deserved, but often just technical violations -- such as signage not being in place, or some railing somewhere that isn't 100% in compliance.

There's no advantage in letting photos out. And a lot of potential disadvantages -- POTENTIAL safety citations are just one.

[[Nothing in this post is intended to say that safety isn't really important. We've done a great job in the first world to create a pretty safe workplace for everyone. But also realize that safety has its costs. Why is housing unaffordable to many? Partly because we require a lot of safety in how we design and construct homes. I think that's mostly good. But we shouldn't complain when our homes cost twice per s.f. as one in, say, Brazil.)
Nice try. A CITATION is issued when a VIOLATION is observed. I've worked with OSHA also and have taken OSHA training [[10 & 30).
Poor baby: "My house costs too much because no one got hurt/killed building it". Sheesh.