Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Innocent People killed in what could be drag racing on 7 Mile

Seven mile IMO is rough from the rooter to the tooter [[east and west) and now we have this INSANITY!

From article:

The crash happened at Seven Mile Road and Coyle and was caused by two drivers racing, according to witnesses. One of the cars slammed into a vehicle pulling out of Savon Foods' parking lot...

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-car-on-7-mile

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...ile-in-detroit

Eugenia Frison and her boyfriend Sherman Wright were just a few blocks away from their house Tuesday night after a stop at the grocery store. That's when a Dodge Charger slammed into their car, killing them both.

Police say there were three cars driving very fast and very close together around 6:15 p.m. before the crash. However, Assistant Detroit Police Chief David LaValley would not say definitively that they were street racing.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/surveillance-video-shows-cars-racing-down-7-mile-before-2-innocent-people-killed

...and the guy got out of the car and walked away. went back to get something, and walked away again like nothing happened. LOSER!
    Last edited by Maof; May-16-19 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    ...and the guy got out of the car and walked away, went back to get something, and walked away again like nothing happened. LOSER!
    Hey, it's just innocent kids having fun. Just let them walk away. Don't do anything to try and stop them. You wouldn't want to be labeled a racist or an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey, it's just innocent kids having fun. Just let them walk away. Don't do anything to try and stop them. You wouldn't want to be labeled a racist or an asshole.
    Lock him up and throw away the key.
    Last edited by Maof; May-21-19 at 05:33 AM.

He was sorta half running, considering his pants were sagging low... so stupid and sad. The couple were in the wrong place and the wrong time!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    ...and the guy got out of the car and walked away, went back to get something, and walked away again like nothing happened. LOSER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He was sorta half running, considering his pants were sagging low... so stupid and sad. The couple were in the wrong place and the wrong time!
    What a horrible, tragic way to leave this earth. Being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Was it just they're time? Hard to comprehend something like this.

When I lived in Detroit I avoided 7 mile for as long as I can remember.

^^^ I avoid as well. I'll go up to 8 mile and cut back over when I get to area to avoid 7! A cousin had her car shot at with children in her car.

No reason. Thankfully no one was hurt.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-16-19 at 07:54 PM.

This is a lack of resources problem. Anyone who spends time in the neighborhoods of the city is well aware that they are badly under patrolled by police. If Bloomfield Township never shot radar on Telegraph the exact same problem would exist there with the only difference being more expensive fast cars racing around.

Duggan keeps chirping on now is the neighborhoods time to get all the attention from the city. It is long past overdue to make Law Enforcement a much higher priority. DPD needs a budget increase and more officers in the hoods. Not just a increase by the dozens, more like a few hundred like they have done in Chi-Town. Get the Dept younger, better paid and trained right to handle the job required. Much work needs to be done.

Time for the Mayor to get off his ass on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This is a lack of resources problem. Anyone who spends time in the neighborhoods of the city is well aware that they are badly under patrolled by police. If Bloomfield Township never shot radar on Telegraph the exact same problem would exist there with the only difference being more expensive fast cars racing around.

Duggan keeps chirping on now is the neighborhoods time to get all the attention from the city. It is long past overdue to make Law Enforcement a much higher priority. DPD needs a budget increase and more officers in the hoods. Not just a increase by the dozens, more like a few hundred like they have done in Chi-Town. Get the Dept younger, better paid and trained right to handle the job required. Much work needs to be done.

There's literally a police station on seven mile. Maybe the assholes are the problem and not the police.

This is a completely insane claim and part of the blame someone and something else problem. I’m in both areas daily and I’ve never seen anything remotely similar to the wreckless driving in areas such as 7 Mile to that of Telegraph in Bloomfield. Lack of resources yes, but a culture of wreckless antisocial behavior coupled with apologist acceptance and de facto encouragement is at the root as well as the forefront of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    This is a completely insane claim and part of the blame someone and something else problem. I’m in both areas daily and I’ve never seen anything remotely similar to the wreckless driving in areas such as 7 Mile to that of Telegraph in Bloomfield. Lack of resources yes, but a culture of wreckless antisocial behavior coupled with apologist acceptance and de facto encouragement is at the root as well as the forefront of the problem.
    Read my post again Cluber. The point is Bloomfield Township has high traffic enforcement in place therefore they do NOT have a chronic reckless driving problem on Telegraph.

Detroit is well known for its practically non-existent traffic enforcement to all street racing idiots for both cars and motorcycles in the metro area.

City and suburban residents that engage in street racing know where they are least likely to rack up 6 point tickets and/or have their vehicle impounded. A lack of enforcement in Detroit for many years has exacerbated the problem.

The only solution is ending the lack of traffic enforcement in the city. The DPD needs more funding now that Detroit’s revenues are increasing.

Read my post again Cluber. The point is Bloomfield Township has high traffic enforcement in place therefore they do NOT have a chronic reckless driving problem on Telegraph.

Detroit is well known for its practically non-existent traffic enforcement to all street racing idiots for both cars and motorcycles in the metro area.

City and suburban residents that engage in street racing know where they are least likely to rack up 6 point tickets and/or have their vehicle impounded. A lack of enforcement in Detroit for many years has exacerbated the problem.

The only solution is ending the lack of traffic enforcement in the city. The DPD needs more funding now that Detroit’s revenues are increasing.
    Likewise, read my response again ABD. The problem goes far beyond only lack of enforcement. To think that traffic enforcement is the only reason that this problem doesn't exist in Bloomfield is amazingly naive...

There are cops on ever street in Detroit. They are called PARENTS. But ya you know how that goes. Why should the cops of the city play parents. When your raised in a house with no rules why act any different in public ?
    Such a tragic story and where’s the outrage? Some kid gets tased and killed for being an a$$hole lawbreaker on a 4 wheeler and everbody is up in arms but we know why. Sickening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    I'll take D. All of the above.

UPDATE [[Family of victims speak out):

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-crushing-loss

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    To push that cab off the truck, you know he was going insanely fast. Lately, I find myself trying to stay clear of Chargers when I see them on the road.

Yep, me too. I avoid Chargers, Challengers, 300's, Mustangs, the occasional Chevy Camaro, etc. It's like a mania especially at night when you see their characteristic back lights [[Dodge/ Chrysler cars)!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, me too. I avoid Chargers, Challengers, 300's, Mustangs, the occasional Chevy Camaro, etc. It's like a mania especially at night when you see their characteristic back lights [[Dodge/ Chrysler cars)!
    There's a time and place for speed. The place is not a crowded surface street, and the time is not when you've imbibed too much and your judgement's impaired. The ones that really scare me are the ones playing high speed tag on the freeway. They come up behind you, weaving in and out of traffic, missing the sides and fenders of your vehicle by millimeters. I've had it done to me by cars and by motorcycles. How do you stay clear of that?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-29-19 at 10:00 AM.

I know, the mania's hard to avoid actually unless you just hide under you bed. Life must be lived. I've had muscle cars push up behind me; I just move out of the way.

I've had the cigarette paper close encounters on the Lodge particularly at night. When the speeders blow by I move to the slow lane, in case there's a wreck ahead.

A motorcyclist told me when the crouch rockets wiz by the worst thing is to change lanes as often they come in groups.

You're more likely to hit one if you break the race-river they create speeding between lanes.

Ah the joy of it all!
    Mainly I try not to be out after midnight.

But, but, but I bought that new Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
    a Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® SRT V8 engine that delivers up to 717 hp
    ----and I want to have FUN in Detroit.

The D, horsepower city, the land of SPEED - gotta have it, neeeeed it.
    We glorify it every year with the Woodward Cruise.

Race die kill, Race die kill --- it's the American way -- Live HARD mo fo's

Need visuals, of course we have those for you -- https://www.dodge.com/challenger/srt.html

The Challenger SRT® Hellcat rules supreme with
    a quarter-mile time of 11.2 seconds and a top speed of 199 mph

Get some, get some, feel the adrenaline , feel the G force, go go go

Everyday driver folks, street legal, of course it's okay - floor it, lead foot
    Last edited by O3H; May-29-19 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    But, but, but I bought that new Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
    a Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® SRT V8 engine that delivers up to 717 hp
    ----and I want to have FUN in Detroit.

The D, horsepower city, the land of SPEED - gotta have it, neeeeed it.
    We glorify it every year with the Woodward Cruise.

Race die kill, Race die kill --- it's the American way -- Live HARD mo fo's

Need visuals, of course we have those for you -- https://www.dodge.com/challenger/srt.html

The Challenger SRT® Hellcat rules supreme with
    a quarter-mile time of 11.2 seconds and a top speed of 199 mph

Get some, get some, feel the adrenaline , feel the G force, go go go

Everyday driver folks, street legal, of course it's okay - floor it, lead foot

The incident I posted happened in Taylor, MI. Detroit doesn't have a Dream Cruise.

and nobody dies drag racing - they go to Octane Heaven

I had the chance to spend some drive time in a rented Dodge Charger. I must say the buzz of driving a strong car was present... vrrrom, vrrmmm! But no I did not drag race!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast