Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

We can infinite regress on this all day long. He died probably because of blunt force trauma or internal bleeding or something like that. Because he crashed. Because an officer tazed him. Because he fled. Because LE was attempting to pull him over. Because he was doing something illegal. Blah blah blah.

If someone is sympathetic to LE, then they'll probably place more blame on the kid. If not, they'll think the cop biffed up. Personally, I don't have a lot of respect for LE, so the idea of Bessner rotting in jail seems justified. Hopefully he'll never be a cop again. He's demonstrated over and over again that he's unfit. That being said, the kid was acting like a little shit. If I saw a teenager riding an atv at 40 mph down my street I'd be the first to call the cops. But we don't get to pass judgment on him - he's dead.

Honk said: "It's today's blatant disregard for the law entitlement that bothers me the most." From what I've read on this forum, he and I are pretty far from agreement on most things. But I get this. However, [[some) LE are very much to blame for today's disregard. Black folks and white folks often times get treated very differently. Because of this, it goes beyond disregard of LE - hell a lot of black people are terrified of cops. We have a problem in this country regarding the relationship between minorities and law enforcement. So I agree with you: today's blatant disregard for the law does bother me. What bothers me more is law enforcement beating the shit out of [[or shooting, or roughing up...) for being black and having a broken tail light [[or wearing a hoodie, or just walking down the sidewalk minding his own business). This problem goes both ways.
    Last edited by gpp1004; May-14-19 at 12:34 PM.

Prostitution is illegal.
    Having sex with a hooker against her will is no longer rape.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...etroit-traffic

This is what you get now that Detroit cops are looking the other way! Good luck getting those insurance rates down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

This is what you get now that Detroit cops are looking the other way! Good luck getting those insurance rates down.

Oh noooooo.... that has nothing to do with Detroit insurance rates! Besides, it's just young kids having innocent fun.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-15-19 at 10:19 AM.

I saw this last night. They're just asking for it....not to be "tased" by a cop but, pissing drivers off and all hell will break loose.
    Last edited by Maof; May-15-19 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I saw his last night. They're just asking or it....not being "tased" by a cop but, pissing drivers off and all hell will break loose.
    No, no it won't. The dice has been rolled and it came up snake eyes. They don't tell the whole story. Wait till your vehicle gets surrounded and you're forced to stop. Decision time.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    No, no it won't. The dice has been rolled and it came up snake eyes. They don't tell the whole story. Wait till your vehicle gets surrounded and you're forced to stop. Decision time.
    If I’m being threatened by multiple persons and any of them show a weapon I know what I’m going to do - I’m going to attempt to leave, if I have to take out an ATV rider or two then so be it.
    Last edited by softailrider; May-15-19 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He died because he chose to run from the cops instead of pulling over. His choice of action resulted in his death.
    A judge and jury disagreed. They win, you lose. But hey, maybe if you cry just a LITTLE bit harder, your butthurt tears will magically spring him from the prison cell where he will rot for the next 10 years!

Do you love all convicted felons this much, or does this one hold a special place in your heart? Because he is a convicted felon, and here you are, slobbering over him. Maybe I'll start calling you "criminal lover" since you love convicted criminals so much.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    A judge and jury disagreed. They win, you lose. But hey, maybe if you cry just a LITTLE bit harder, your butthurt tears will magically spring him from the prison cell where he will rot for the next 10 years!

Do you love all convicted felons this much, or does this one hold a special place in your heart? Because he is a convicted felon, and here you are, slobbering over him. Maybe I'll start calling you "criminal lover" since you love convicted criminals so much.
    I wouldn’t wish these gangs of hooligans on my worst enemy but in your case I might make an exception!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

I only love what your mama does to me. She does slobber quite a bit. Talk about butt-hurt...
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-15-19 at 04:17 PM.

^^^ Now you two do nice... or time out!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-15-19 at 08:02 PM.

Only tax payers could be this stupid.

We buy Law Enforcement multi-million dollar aircraft and pour even more good money annually to fly patterns over us, the associated maintaince, training, etc...but a sting on these kids and their groups of ATVs sending coppers to make arrest and impound motorbikes when they head back home can not be done!

Next, because a few assholes want their pound of flesh and think it is a good idea for the cops to shoot the punks off the ATVs killing 15 year olds and destroying police and local community relations in the process...every tax payer in Michigan gets to have the privilege of paying the bill for the 8 figure lawsuit settlements and all associated costs.

No one could make this kind of financial insanity up if they wanted to were it not already actually happening in this state and being championed by some as the right way to address a problem.

https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,...6234--,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I saw this last night. They're just asking for it....not to be "tased" by a cop but, pissing drivers off and all hell will break loose.
    Just taser them all. Give the cops a bonus if they get em right between the eyes. If the shot is out of a moving car window the cop gets a double bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Just taser them all. Give the cops a bonus if they get em right between the eyes. If the shot is out of a moving car window the cop gets a double bonus.
    Be careful pulling out into an intersection on that Harley. You never know when a couple of innocent kids might be just having some fun drag racing.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Only tax payers could be this stupid.

We buy Law Enforcement multi-million dollar aircraft and pour even more good money annually to fly patterns over us, the associated maintaince, training, etc...but a sting on these kids and their groups of ATVs sending coppers to make arrest and impound motorbikes when they head back home can not be done!
    That drone of theirs seems perfect for the job of following them home.

There is something called ‘cause and effect’.

If you let the police do this this kind of shit in certain neighborhoods we are effectively undermining other expensive efforts.

Encouraging this sort of police behavior or even condoning it we are destroying the value of the shit ton of money going into schools in these same neighborhoods. The effect is forcing further investment in those schools.

The bullshit actions of this cop is expensive as hell for the rest of us. A perfect example of how hardline right wingers will plow through public money just to get what they want with zero consideration of the financial cost. They are not a bit different from the far left when it comes to wasting public money by the truck loads for their own selfish desires by refusing to see basic financial logic.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; May-16-19 at 10:29 AM.

There have been a couple of developments since the last post:

Fire truck impeded - by multiple ATVs, possibly a protest? - 5/16

ATVs impounded - based on surveillance. 6 escaped, but no one was chased - 5/21

When third world countries can't be organized what do we usually do? Maybe the police should pull out of Detroit and see what happens. Everyone want's results but they don't wanna see what it takes to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    When third world countries can't be organized what do we usually do? Maybe the police should pull out of Detroit and see what happens. Everyone want's results but they don't wanna see what it takes to get them.
    Detroit is not an occupied territory you jackass. The police force is paid for by the citizens who live there.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Detroit is not an occupied territory you jackass. The police force is paid for by the citizens who live there.
    It kind of is...
    Cut the police and lower their taxes! Nobody wants to live by the laws of a civilized society and the crazy behavior has become normal. When the behavior is called out its a race/civil right issue. Majority of Detroit is wild and I don't see it changing.

Taxpayers pay for Michigan Army National Guard too.
    Perhaps we should deploy them more often,
    UN-announced, in plain clothes, with 2 way radios.
    Shut down the nonsense, put idiots in jail , make parents pay big fines.
    Detroit needs to be cleaned up, it's image isn't exactly wonderful, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    New York had the stop and frisk program paid for by the taxpayers.

So has crime decreased in NYC as a direct result of gentrification or did residents just decide to be less criminal one day?

The concept of allowing lawlessness to continue by only holding accountable those who are paid to enforce it,does not usually end well.

There are tons of videos of the biker/quad runners police chase actions on you tube,my favorite are the ones whining because the police ran them off of the road after they refuse to stop,like they are actually shocked that they were not allowed to run from the police and operate illegally terrorizing on the street.

I guess it is okay to run from the police and potentially kill others in the process just as long as the offenders do not get thier feelings hurt in the process.

I think they should attach weighted net launchers to the front of the cars.

FSB in Russia has a system for high profile stops.

4 officers shoot the tires out

4 officers bust the windows out

2 officers drag the suspect out of the window and use whatever force necessary to put them on the ground.

All done at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    New York had the stop and frisk program paid for by the taxpayers.

So has crime decreased in NYC as a direct result of gentrification or did residents just decide to be less criminal one day?

The concept of allowing lawlessness to continue by only holding accountable those who are paid to enforce it,does not usually end well.

There are tons of videos of the biker/quad runners police chase actions on you tube,my favorite are the ones whining because the police ran them off of the road after they refuse to stop,like they are actually shocked that they were not allowed to run from the police and operate illegally terrorizing on the street.

I guess it is okay to run from the police and potentially kill others in the process just as long as the offenders do not get thier feelings hurt in the process.

I think they should attach weighted net launchers to the front of the cars.

2 officers drag the suspect out of the window and use whatever force necessary to put them on the ground.

Who cares about crime in New York? I'm talking about this idea that Detroit's citizens don't deserve their public servants to serve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Right, shoot'em up, bust'em up, beat'em up. The Donny-ites love the Russian ways.

'Course, there was the Big Four, the Cruisers, STRESS and all that. How'd that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Nobody wants to live by the laws of a civilized society
    And in your 'civilized society' you'd solve things with one shot, right? Would that be to the back of the head, or between the eyes?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast