Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Regardless of anything else, the kid broke the law, more than one. The parents should be lucky they weren't charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Pretty sure that they will appeal, and the amount will be less, but we all knew that family was getting paid, for that racist cop's actions.
    Not too sure that kids racial makeup had anything to do with it. If that trooper was chasing some dirty white boy who didn’t stop he probably would have done the same thing. He probably couldn’t handle some some kid getting the best of him during that chase and he lost it. Would that trooper pulled the same shit if he was chasing a kid through Birmingham? I doubt it.

^ the question would be,are there groups of 4 wheelers running about on the streets of Birmingham that decide to run and at the point when MSP is needed to help control the violence?

When I was a young white kid I did some stupid things also,but the only thing that went through my mind when I saw the red lights was,busted,time to pull over and except the consequences.

I guess in a urban environment it is okay just to do what ever.

For some strange reason I find it hard to except the claim of move to the city where you can do whatever you want,out of control crime and violence was one of the reasons people left the urban core to begin with.

Accept. ACCEPT. Forgive the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Acceptional!

Except when you accept the exceptional acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    That is North Korea’s secret weapon against the United States.

They misspell missile down the side because they know half of the population will be so obsessed with the misspelling that they will forget to duck and cover.

My phone was designed by the best foreign minds money can cheaply buy,Who am I to question its auto correct function.

I guess these first world problems are overwhelming to some.

I would bet that there is a group of quad runners barreling down the street right now trying to decide if expect or accept is the proper word to use.

Just think,there is a 6 year old kid in Africa mining cobalt and mica so we can have these fancy electronic devices in or hand and in our driveways and the best we can do is worry about ones choice of word use.

Funny world we live in.
    Last edited by Richard; December-30-19 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    It's not a profit. You lose a person and you get compensated for the life of that person.
    Compensation means replace the worth of the person. The error here is to assume a productive life from a reprobate. Rather than 40 years of gainful employment, it seems possible this chap might have ended up dead in a ditch in a MV accident. So his real earning potential is much more modest.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; January-01-20 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Compensation means replace the worth of the person. The error here is to assume a productive life from a reprobate. Rather than 40 years of gainful employment, it seems possible this chap might have ended up dead in a ditch in a MV accident. So his real earning potential is much more modest.
    Assuming he DID become a productive citizen, 40 yrs at even $100000 is only $4 million, so the payment was very high

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Assuming he DID become a productive citizen, 40 yrs at even $100000 is only $4 million, so the payment was very high
    And that's where I have the issue. The family may be entitled to something, but not the amount stated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Or look at it the other way. $11m invested conservatively should be able to net 5% a year w/o touching the principal. [[Pension funds think they can do 7 or 8%.) So the annual payout for the rest of recorded history is north of $550,000. If that 11m were invested on 1/1/2019, Trump's economy would have increased its value to $14.2 million [[29% gain in unrealized wealth), but that's before you apply the Warren-Sanders wealth taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Of course this family deserves every penny for raising such a fine upstanding young man. I’m sure they will spend it wisely.
    How rotten of a human being do you have to be to shit on a dead kid's family for no reason, let alone make assumptions on how they will spend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Regardless of anything else, the kid broke the law, more than one. The parents should be lucky they weren't charged.
    Charged with what crime? Feel free to name the offense under the MCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    And that's where I have the issue. The family may be entitled to something, but not the amount stated.
    What you feel they are entitled to is irrelevant. Your bias against the parents is already readily apparent, as you already falsely accused them of being criminals themselves. MSP agreed to this settlement amount. Why? Because their lawyers knew that if this case went to a jury, the family would have received an even BIGGER judgement as punitive factor. You are familiar with punitive judgement, right? The purpose being not to fairly compensate the victims, but rather to punish the offender and serve as a deterrent against such behavior in the future.
    Last edited by aj3647; January-02-20 at 12:39 PM.

^ why do you feel entitled to speak for the lawyers and thier decisions,do you know the family would have received a larger settlement as a fact?

So what you feel is irrelevant.

I know one thing,if I ever have a terminal disease,I am running from the police and slam into a tree so my kids can make bank.

What you seeing here is the same as you would see on a jury trial.

What deterrence was established and for who will still be up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Charged with what crime? Feel free to name the offense under the MCL.
    Contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    Failure to supervise.
    Possibly Felony Murder if the right connections of dots could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    How rotten of a human being do you have to be to shit on a dead kid's family for no reason, let alone make assumptions on how they will spend it.
    How naive do yo have to be to not see the parents couldn’t give a crap what there young thug was doing to terrorize the neighborhood. As for the money you don’t think the money spent for an expensive atv for city use could have been put to better use? Just another pay day in the D.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    How naive do yo have to be to not see the parents couldn’t give a crap what there young thug was doing to terrorize the neighborhood. As for the money you don’t think the money spent for an expensive atv for city use could have been put to better use? Just another pay day in the D.
    Hopefully your family finds the lucky fortune his did!

Very Interesting. The jury awarded the family 7.3 million but Geoffrey Fieger got 4 Million of it....Hmmmm! Very Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    Very Interesting. The jury awarded the family 7.3 million but Geoffrey Fieger got 4 Million of it....Hmmmm! Very Interesting.
    "percentage", "contingency fee", and Mrs. Bear's favorite, [[she used be legal secretary for a lawyer who did estate work) "billable hours".

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    Fieger was well paid for his work, but obviously his work was very good. That was a brilliant settlement for that family.

Fieger: Easy to hate until you need him or his ilk. LOL!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5