Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Illegal dumping on a grand scale

I really do hope that this link works, but I was looking at google maps of the area of Joy Rd and Greenfield behind Triumph Church Central Campus area and discovered what may be the biggest illegal dumping site that I've ever personally seen. It seems to be a massive pile that's covering the entire roadway streaching a pretty good distance.

Near Unnamed Road, Detroit, MI 48228
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/rDRawBHatURaZxFd6

Broken pavement ?

I'm not familiar with that area, but according to the plat mapping program I have the property is owned by Wayne County Community College.

...I'm not seeing any trash pile behind the church

Perhaps by "behind Triumph" ASilvaman means south of Triumph.

In the satellite view there does seem to be a large pile of debris on the vacant property to the south.

That property appears to be barricaded from vehicle access.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-12-19 at 07:52 AM.

I don't understand why people can't post pictures instead of link, but ....

The first image dated 7/5/18 shows something while the apparently later undated image doesn't. Was it a dump that's been cleaned up? Was it temporary construction/demolition debris?

Name:  TrashDump2018.JPG
Views: 847
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  TrashDumpLater.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  82.4 KB

What was the school there that had the ballfield that now isn't?

It was probably "Detroit Urban Lutheran School".

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    It was probably "Detroit Urban Lutheran School".
    The vacant property in Meddle's posts was once Rosary High and later the original Northwest Campus for Wayne County CCD. I'm not sure if the now-overgrown baseball diamond was used much by WCCCD since they never fielded a baseball team as far as I know.

When I first saw this arial shot of the area I was exploring the neighbor because I had just purchased a home around there. I was always curious about that pocket of land that seemed to be undeveloped. Upon looking at google map arials, I saw the huge piles of trash that looked like was dumped at the end of a not so busy public road. I had no idea this was private property, and that updated arial photos no longer show the debris.

I'm sorry for not posting a photo instead of a link, I'm still getting familiar with how this site works, posting photos in the past were unsuccessful for me.