Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    I'm also that bastard that while solo hiking for 2 weeks, will not hesitate to shit in the woods, catch a fish, cook it over a fire, and sleep outdoors.
    Bathe in a stream, sterilize drinking water, been there, done that.
    Zero fear of the icky nasty side of life, or do it yourself projects.

Being able to read well, comprehend diagrams, etc. yields itself well to NOT needing that expensive overpriced plumber, electrician, welder, mechanic, etc.
    Yeah, it's called LEARNING, and it happens during an entire lifespan.

I've never looked down at trades, but I don't think they are special.
    It merely means they chose a different path in life, and that's okay.
    My parents taught me how do many manual labor home tasks.
    Guess what, failure is a part of learning, in fact it is essential and crucial.
    Home Depot and Lowes have classes all the time to learn more stuff.

Feel the need to hop the wagon, follow others, and bash me, go ahead.
    Detroit won't be going anywhere in the meantime.

Is this like a Tinder bio?

What is a Tinder Bio?

^ tinder is a dating site where getting “ lucky” is the norm,women are just as up front as the guys. So I have heard anyways.

In this case the bio would lean towards something kinky in the woods where one would hope there is no poison ivy involved anyways.

clap, clap, what else ya got

When people can't contribute to a topic - they attempt to attack

Go for it, let's see the competency at work [[or lack of)

I strive to learn stuff, adventure, explore, and evolve. Some like stagnation
    Last edited by O3H; May-20-19 at 09:44 PM.

O3H you're, like, so woke.

like sheep they follow......baaaaa, baaaaaaaaaa right Seven ?

clap, clap, what else ya got

When people can't contribute to a topic - they attempt to attack

Go for it, let's see the competency at work [[or lack of)

I strive to learn stuff, adventure, explore, and evolve. Some like stagnation
    OK I'll contribute.

I think more people should strive to learn stuff. It will help increase the compentenciasity of our area, compentencically speaking, of course.

Area problems solved. Smack smack of the hands.

Someone never won the spelling championship, at school, or elsewhere

Someone never won the spelling championship, at school, or elsewhere
    I am compentencstastic at spelling.

But I'm actually going to start acting more like an adult on this forum as I've spent enough time amusing myself.

We never lernt how to act lika adult in school,it was all stuff like Christifer discovered America in 1962.

It was kinda fun dunken Ellie Mays pigtails in the inkwell though.

Absolutely. Folks sit up there thinking they know,
    they have no common sense and zero street sense.

Competency seems to be a Michigan problem, a lack of will.

Just 3 percent of Benton Harbor third-graders scored proficient or higher
    in English Language Arts on the M-STEP in 2017-18.
    The state rate was 44 percent.

Just 1 percent of its 8th graders were proficient in math,
    compared to 33 percent statewide.

https://www.bridgemi.com/talent-educ...-likely-demise

Benton Harbor located southwest of Kalamazoo, population was 10,038

We could just take kids and hit them extremely hard
    with a sledgehammer right in the cranium leaving a dent
    -- that would cause the same effect, with minimal cost to taxpayers.

Kids can't read or do math -- but they made it all the way to 8th grade -- WTF !!!

Benton Harbor is one of the poorest communities in Michigan.
    The median household income is $20,157
    48% adults & 68% children live below the federal poverty line.

USA citizens, in America, in Michigan, are treated lower than snail shit, disposable

Last edited by O3H; June-06-19 at 10:32 AM.

Competency seems to be a Michigan problem, a lack of will.

USA citizens, in America, in Michigan, are treated lower than snail shit, disposable
    Nothing in your post shows Michigan as an outlier. The problems with education are pretty universal across the US, no?

And how can you say we treat Michigan citizens
    'lower than snail sh--'? We are constantly spending money. There's no shortage of money and effort. If there's a shortage, its a shortage of willingness to take serious steps that could offend those in power. We should be dissolving schools that don't perform. Close them. Start fresh. And let the new schools start with a clean slate. No legacy thinking. No legacy costs. And no legacy labour contracts. Fresh start.

I ask you, are we willing to really put students first, or are we too wed to the system and to the current solutions that clearly aren't working?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Nothing in your post shows Michigan as an outlier. The problems with education are pretty universal across the US, no?

And how can you say we treat Michigan citizens
    'lower than snail sh--'? We are constantly spending money. There's no shortage of money and effort. If there's a shortage, its a shortage of willingness to take serious steps that could offend those in power. We should be dissolving schools that don't perform. Close them. Start fresh. And let the new schools start with a clean slate. No legacy thinking. No legacy costs. And no legacy labour contracts. Fresh start.

I ask you, are we willing to really put students first, or are we too wed to the system and to the current solutions that clearly aren't working?
    When you say “Close them” what is your future intent with the students in the closed school? It certainly can’t be to build a brand new school for them. That would be extremely expensive.

Detroit and New Orleans have been in Charter Schools the longest at scale. Is it working? Sure doesn’t seem to be. It worked to defund the public school systems. That is not good for those students or us, the taxpayer because they now have no clue what their operating capital will be for the following year. How does that “put students first?” Setting a budget to meet certain goals is pretty important for any large public or private organization. Then when the budget that is set up on hopes and prayers falls short, we pick up the tab. The worst of the Detroit pubic schools massive debt all came after the charters had been established here. Next up, all the charter schools are set up as out of state LLCs, so the for-profit charters are taking a percentage of our tax dollars out of state to never return to Michigan. We dove head first into a plan that is leaving a large percentage of kids with less just so a company set up in Florida can make a profit off our taxes that we will never see again in our economy.

What happened to FLUNKING kids
    and not allowing them into the next grade ?

A teacher who can't accomplish the tasks at hands gets fired.
    F the union and the tenure nonsense. Results matter !!!
    An entire generation of kids gets screwed royally.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4