Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'll buy a Ford any day over GM or Chrysler.
    The cheap nail polish thin paint of Chrysler/ Dodge puts me off. Though I like their range of unique styles.

I think Ford still does not commit to put into their compact cars what other have for decades. If I went Ford, I'd go with the Lincoln MK series or their trucks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-11-19 at 07:44 AM.

I hear that. The only foreign I'd consider new would be Toyota as they have the most factories here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'll buy any Ford, GM, or Chrysler over any foreign car any day. I'm not saying Asian/European cars are bad, but I like to see American dollars stay in America. For the most part, anyway.

Yargh! Don't even mention the K Car!! So even luxury level bad. Bad soldering? Sounds like a gimpy laptop! Goodness.

I always though those odd cylinder configurations were going to be problematic. Yet so many manufacturers boasting perfect service 100K running? How's about getting a couple of years of service??

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think the cars of today in the 25 to 30k range are equal to the Chevy Vegas, Ford pintos and Aris K cars of the past.

My friends that drive F250s and F350s seem to be dropping at least $3000 on every trip to the dealer for service, expensive to buy and very expensive to fix.

Ford trucks are under recall for the block heaters starting on fire,they have had block heaters for 50 years and now all of the sudden they start on fire?

A lot of it is epa stuff, one does not need a 6 speed transmission hooked up to a 4cyl basic car, in order to save a gallon of gas it costs the consumers thousands in wasted time and aggravation.

Millions are being spent a year for people to replace car computer components that a majority of the time the fault leads to a bad solder connection on the board, same with appliances, all of those manufacturers know what the problem is but they make more money selling a $600 board then actually righting the wrong.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-11-19 at 09:34 AM.

Honda has been known for buggy Trannies [[unless it was a stick-shift - I had a few), especially their Rav series.

If you got a bad one off the line you were done fast with slipping unit. Or later done....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The other day I received a recall notice for the repair of a previous recall.

That's gotta hurt.

It's regarding the airbag problems on Hondas.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-11-19 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I think he's saying if you want to buy a Ford you can have his.
    Thanks Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.
    Fuc*ed Over Rebuilt Dodge
    Found On Road Dead

Most Asian built cars are for midgets. If you're tall/ long legged avoid them.

^^^ I have to disagree somewhat [[setting aside the Fiat compacts - smile).

I'm long legged - owned Toyota's/ Honda's. They really build-out their 'interior' foot print - more roomy than first glance. The floor box nicely squared-out for ample foot room. Unlike the smaller over-molded 'scooped' out cramped space for brake/ gas peddle area I've experienced in comparable US cars.

I remember my old Chevy Corsica [[it was a work horse - tall chasis - could climb over a mountain of snow). But it keep you banging your knees getting in and out, or your left ankle twisted into that flower pot of foot area!

I drive the newer Toyota Camry level now, but even my Tercels and Civic's back in the day had incredibly deep seat length for compacts. Of course if you're really tall... well, go domestic, and bigger. Domestics seem to give more heat as well IMO... a plus for Michy winters!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-13-19 at 06:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2