Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FORD blaming customers for transmission problems.....

Instead of accepting responsibility....they blame the customer[[s), excellent customer satisfaction & loyalty maneuver? Is it the Fans fault for the losing Lions?

Freep: More than 1.9 million unhappy customers who purchased or leased a Ford Focus or Fiesta say the company lied to unload cars with faulty transmissions on unsuspecting buyers and then blamed the drivers for problems they experienced.

Ford customers claim in legal filings their 2012-16 Focus and 2011-16 Fiesta sedans were built with dual-clutch transmissions prone to “shuddering, slipping, bucking, jerking, hesitation while changing gears, premature internal wear, delays in downshifting and, in some cases, sudden or delayed acceleration.”

I put up with herky-jerky shifting in my 2012 Focus bc when I complained, the dealer kept telling me it was "normal operation." After putting up with this constant aggravation for four years, my dealer replaced the clutch under a recall program. So it wasn't me and it wasn't "normal operation." I'm part of the class action lawsuit but I'm not holding my breath for any type of settlement since I got rid of the car last year.

For those of you who wanted to read the article: https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...it/1119773001/

Ford customers claim in legal filings their 2012-16 Focus and 2011-16 Fiesta sedans were built with dual-clutch transmissions prone to “shuddering, slipping, bucking, jerking, hesitation while changing gears, premature internal wear, delays in downshifting and, in some cases, sudden or delayed acceleration.”

Big 3 known for rushing stuff to market. Countless recalls, en masse.
    I would never give them the benefit of doubt to cover their ass.

They will just join the ranks of the Pontiac Aztec,Honda Oddsey and the new Jeep SUV and become scrap value once word gets out.

I had a new 79 olds cutlass with the wanna be diesel,GM replaced the engine 3 times before putting a gas one in,same thing back then,it is always the operators fault.

Ford did the same thing with Jaguar in 1998 by putting a in a untested V8 and it took them until 2002 to figure it out.
    Last edited by Richard; May-09-19 at 09:03 AM.

The other day I received a recall notice for the repair of a previous recall.

That's gotta hurt.

It's regarding the airbag problems on Hondas.

I have the same problem with my 2015 Fusion. Hesitates and jerks when accelerating from a stop or slow turn. I bought the car when it was a year old from a non-Ford dealer so that was probably why it was traded in. Ford dealers say that's just the way the new electronic transmissions work. Designed them to work very poorly I guess.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.

I think the cars of today in the 25 to 30k range are equal to the Chevy Vegas,Ford pintos and Aris K cars of the past.

My friends that drive F250s and F350s seem to be dropping at least $3000 on every trip to the dealer for service,expensive to buy and very expensive to fix.

Ford trucks are under recall for the block heaters starting on fire,they have had block heaters for 50 years and now all of the sudden they start on fire?

A lot of it is epa stuff,one does not need a 6 speed transmission hooked up to a 4cyl basic car,in order to save a gallon of gas it costs the consumers thousands in wasted time and aggravation.

Millions are being spent a year for people to replace car computer components that a majority of the time the fault leads to a bad solder connection on the board,same with appliances,all of those manufacturers know what the problem is but they make more money selling a $600 board then actually righting the wrong.
    Last edited by Richard; May-09-19 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.
    In 1975 I stopped to help a lady broke down on the side of the highway in a 1969 Mach 1,She was so mad about it breaking down so much that she gave me the title for $200 and a ride home.

I was always a GM person but nowadays they are all junk,everytime you hear of a recall it always boils down to a component that was manufactured cheap in another country that caused the malfunction.

My 1946 Chev 1 ton,all original,6 cyl,6 volt manual transmission and brakes,pump the gas three times and it starts up every time.

It goes forwards and backwards,just not over 45 mph,but it does what it was built to do 60 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    In 1975 I stopped to help a lady broke down on the side of the highway in a 1969 Mach 1,She was so mad about it breaking down so much that she gave me the title for $200 and a ride home.
    So you're saying the correct acronym is Found On Road Dead?

Lol, yep that would be it,First On Race Day was definitely not the case for that one.

I have a 2014 Ford Focus with this stuttering issue. It is so bad that i wont let my family ride in the car because it scares them about their safety. We are considering replacing it this weekend despite only having 20K miles. It is just not worth the awful ride to be so uncomfortable.
    Last edited by DetroitSoldier; May-09-19 at 07:48 PM.

I'll buy a Ford any day over GM or Chrysler.

I'll buy any Ford, GM, or Chrysler over any foreign car any day. I'm not saying Asian/European cars are bad, but I like to see American dollars stay in America. For the most part, anyway.

I had a Z-71 off road Silverado. When I had brake problems I took it to the dealer under warranty. He asked me if I used it off road, no, I told him. Then he asked me if I used it on dirt roads, yes I said, that's all there is around me.
    There's you're problem, he said, and it cost me $500.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-09-19 at 06:53 PM.

Place like Warren , a big city in Michigan still has DIRT roads, go figure.
    I guess living in the big city means you can't own a Z-71 Silverado.
    Love that attitude from the car company's. It's all about $$$$$, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I'll buy any Ford, GM, or Chrysler over any foreign car any day. I'm not saying Asian/European cars are bad, but I like to see American dollars stay in America. For the most part, anyway.
    I've always bought North American also, even as a Canadian, but the combination of GM packing up in Oshawa and the reliability problems makes it pretty difficult these days. By the way, do you check where your all your other items come from Ray [[you know, all the Walmart crap) or do you look for the cheapest price?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'll buy a Ford any day over GM or Chrysler.
    Here you go [[DetroitSoldier);

I have a 2014 Ford Focus with this stuttering issue. It is so bad that i wont let my family ride in the car because it scares them about their safety. We are considering replacing it this weekend despite only having 20K miles. It is just not worth the awful ride to be so uncomfortable.

I have only owned GM products and now own a Ford, and I never seemed to have quality issues the others seem to have. Granted, I don't have a Focus [[I have a Mustang). Especially now, I feel like the aesthetics of GM and Ford vechicles are more appealing than the Japanese brands. To each their own, but I don't think one poor statement by Ford matters in the grand scheme of things.

I have a currently owned Jeep and would not wish this monstrostaty anyone could imagine

Major elec. prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I have a currently owned Jeep and would not wish this monstrostaty anyone could imagine

Major elec. prop.
    Keyboard seems to be having some problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Here you go [[DetroitSoldier);

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make [[as you quoted my post)?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make [[as you quoted my post)?
    I think he's saying if you want to buy a Ford you can have his.

Yeah those trannies are obviously bad. Like people would not compare it to a normal one? My very first car...? Duh.

Had a friend with one of the Focus squirrely transmissions -- on lease 'only' thankfully. Move on fast from that!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I have the same problem with my 2015 Fusion. Hesitates and jerks when accelerating from a stop or slow turn. I bought the car when it was a year old from a non-Ford dealer so that was probably why it was traded in. Ford dealers say that's just the way the new electronic transmissions work. Designed them to work very poorly I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast