Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any updates on Book Tower and the Free Press building?

Any pictures or news on progress on these two projects?

Here's some basic facade pictures of the Book Tower. I haven't seen any indoor pictures lately.
    https://twitter.com/DetDevelopment/s...84574200090627

He's a video from April on Book Tower. work is ongoing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyboVUFLi00&t=221s

Workers are on-site at the Freep building every day. Just last week they installed the HVAC system on the roof. Seems like it is taking forever, but they are continuously plugging along.

Thanks for the video... great to see progress! I'm a Detroit-er by heart, but live in the Coachella Valley in CA. I don't think I'm going to make my yearly trip home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Thanks for the video... great to see progress! I'm a Detroit-er by heart, but live in the Coachella Valley in CA. I don't think I'm going to make my yearly trip home this year.
    Quite agree with David L. And, living in southern Nevada, a trip back to Detroit this year is doubtful. Health is good at 82, but the spirit is weak when it comes to long trips any more.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Coachella Valley here too.

Aww, Ray...I hope you change your mind.

Stromberg2

As a Roosevelt era person, I find that Amtrak trips are much more relaxing and easier than flying. I realize that they take very much longer but it is worth it to visit rapidly changing Motown.